Hua Hin wants to welcome foreign tourists from October 1

webfact

2 hours ago, Hockeybik said:

I wonder how they will treat us long stay expats. I haven't left Thailand since December 2019.

I agree with you, I have friends that live in Hua Hin and I go and visit them frequently and I live in Bangkok and haven't left Thailand since Feb 2020. So does that mean I can't down there for a weekend to visit my friends unless I quarantine myself for 7 days and get tested? I was just down there 10 days ago just before the restrictions were imposed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

Hate to say this but Thailand will be hunting round to purchase vaccine booster jabs before mass un-quarantine tourists return. Stuck in the UK, and getting my 2nd jab later today, I fully expect my autumn covid booster before returning.

11 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

I believe they're talking about tourists coming in from abroad. So, no, it doesn't mean that. 

Sure hope so, as I too like to visit Huahin somewhat frequently.  But, as usual, the information is clear as mud.

We all know that the jab is the first step. The local Governments are at the mercy of 

REALLY big central decision making & business interests on that score, but not the be all end all being touted.

Their local planning is not flawed as the time frame is possible if the jab does come out 

quickly.

The opening up not only helps hotels but has a massive downflow effect on many sectors & the supply chains all giving jobs to many

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Phaser said:

Everyone get vaccinated and open it up - without mass vaccination and no quarantine- it’s a pipe dream

And with ganja being able to be grown here legally in each home those pipe dreams will get even better. Wacky baccy and wacky predictions are to stay man. Peace to all brothers and may all dreams be wet ones ????

5 minutes ago, mortenaa said:

Infection of young people with no effects to their health is helping to create herd immunity. 

Maybe but at what cost? There are plenty of younger 'long Covid' sufferers around. 

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Thailand should concentrate on a vaccination programme of the whole country starting with health workers and most vulnerable.  After sufficient That's have been vaccinated plans to reopen for Domestic and Foreign Tourism should be made restricting entertainment venues which most dangerous source of infection 

The most dangerous source of infections is the household, immediate family. Not a restaurant, store, hotel.