Hua Hin wants to welcome foreign tourists from October 1

webfact

5 hours ago, Excel said:

you call that long stay ?  

not him, but official imigration authority call it long stay. so if you refer to the legal authority, yes, it is a long stay. But maybe you are the only one reference for yourself (and think it should be your reference also for the other) ?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

"Hua Hin wants to welcome foreign tourists from October 1"

And I want to win the lottery.

Looks like we're all dreamers.

you feel resigned... It is just a decision that make things possible or not, nothing more.

2 hours ago, dundas said:

Maybe but at what cost? There are plenty of younger 'long Covid' sufferers around. 

The cost will be a non poverty situation (who kill more than covid does).

Also, facts is that imunity stay not long (some month, maybe ), and that is also the problem for the vaccination...

In facts, the problem of this virus is that (as many more virus to come in such situation) it demonstrate the limit of the long life for everybody out of any natural selection due to technology. Why ? Because it does kill a lot old and low powered people (low powered because problem health), very rare are the exceptions about this.

I think (and maybe it is possible to thinking) that if we restrict all the other stronger to save the lower in a society, then the consequence will be to format a low powered and poor humanity species at the end and it should be more and more difficult to maintain an impossible (and illogical) statement on this way.

But, it is my point of view, maybe it is very good and intelligent to remove from the game the stronger to save the lower.

There is also something very strange there....

In fact, in a free market world, the more rich become the one who decide and act for influence the most, buy and censor news and so on (but they are not really the stronger, just the more rich, some of them born like that). And for money repartition, there is no problem to let the poor die and see some billion of dollars rich people follow a kind of life that should be impossible to justify in society or in a justice court if you are poor.

Well... what ever we are able or want to thinking there, there is a paradox.

10 hours ago, Hockeybik said:

I wonder how they will treat us long stay expats. I haven't left Thailand since December 2019.

With indifference. The government has pretty much ignored the spending power of expats who have kept many businesses afloat in Pattaya. 

• Like 2

So the old ' July ' garbage has morphed into fresh ' October ' garbage.

When will these utter morons finally work it out , its the vaccinated tourists who hold all the aces now !

Thailand is way off the pace with its vaccination programme so is in no position to make any demands whatsoever , the very opposite in fact .

So no additional testing , insurance , monitoring or faux quarantine if you expect tourists.

At this point in time Thailand needs tourism way more than tourists need Thailand , sooner that salient fact hits home the better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jerolamo said:

The cost will be a non poverty situation (who kill more than covid does).

Also, facts is that imunity stay not long (some month, maybe ), and that is also the problem for the vaccination...

In facts, the problem of this virus is that (as many more virus to come in such situation) it demonstrate the limit of the long life for everybody out of any natural selection due to technology. Why ? Because it does kill a lot old and low powered people (low powered because problem health), very rare are the exceptions about this.

I think (and maybe it is possible to thinking) that if we restrict all the other stronger to save the lower in a society, then the consequence will be to format a low powered and poor humanity species at the end and it should be more and more difficult to maintain an impossible (and illogical) statement on this way.

But, it is my point of view, maybe it is very good and intelligent to remove from the game the stronger to save the lower.

There is also something very strange there....

In fact, in a free market world, the more rich become the one who decide and act for influence the most, buy and censor news and so on (but they are not really the stronger, just the more rich, some of them born like that). And for money repartition, there is no problem to let the poor die and see some billion of dollars rich people follow a kind of life that should be impossible to justify in society or in a justice court if you are poor.

Well... what ever we are able or want to thinking there, there is a paradox.

All very informative but the bottom line is that vaccinations will be the currency of travel for the immediate future.

• Like 1

I will be vaccinated then, and I will come!

I will not care at all about if Thais are vaccinated or not, because I will be vaccinated. And I will not be any risk to the Thais either, because I will be vaccinated AND tested. 

Let our normal life return, Thailand, let the Thais make their income from tourism again, and let return common sense and mai pben rai to this country.

Please let me in, Thailand, I promise to you to spend as much money as the TAT expects from me! Seriously!

BUT DON'T BOTHER ME WITH YOUR ERRATIC BUREAUCRACY AND PATRONISING, IF YOU WANT MY MONEY, KHAO JAI MAI !!?!?

Edited by Flying Saucage

Maybe I'm missing it, but it seems Thailand has been spared the crazy rumors that is hampering vaccination efforts in some countries, so that is somewhat encouraging.

In the US there seems to be a competition to out-crazy the current nonsense. 

[note: the following link refers to debunked silliness, posted only as a sample of the current madness]

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/26/us/florida-centner-academy-vaccine.html

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

I came back from NZ in May 2009 and have never left Thailand since.

Does it ever occur to these money grabbing city leaders that they are not the only Thai people who are suffering.

The whole of Thailand is suffering and should be treated equally.

They don’t give a rats ass

• Like 2

8 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

All very informative but the bottom line is that vaccinations will be the currency of travel for the immediate future.

i can not predict the future. But it is possible that a probably failed (or not, we will see) vaccine and a pretty new genetic technology will force to blackmail people to  inject in their blood something for any panic reason and such other friendly propaganda who are all discredited when they compare covid with yellow fever or any other much more dramatic epidemia.

As it was the same to finish ridiculously by draw a guilty profile of any younger than 60 and in good condition who doesn't want to become a guinea pig for fear factors points of fragile ones to be maybe immune for 3 month. The hazardous result and the risk/safety creteria is definitely a stop point for any reasonable one.

Do we have to be forced to be a guinea pig ? We will see... maybe, it is possible because the population is very old and scare a lot for anything now (but not to send other people to the war game).

Poor world...

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

I will be vaccinated then, and I will come!

I will not care at all about if Thais are vaccinated or not, because I will be vaccinated. And I will not be any risk to the Thais either, because I will be vaccinated AND tested. 

Let our normal life return, Thailand, let the Thais make their income from tourism again, and let return common sense and mai pben rai to this country.

Please let me in, Thailand, I promise to you to spend as much money as the TAT expects from me! Seriously!

BUT DON'T BOTHER ME WITH YOUR ERRATIC BUREAUCRACY AND PATRONISING, IF YOU WANT MY MONEY, KHAO JAI MAI !!?!?

you can be vaccinated and contaminate, you can also be vaccinated and seek because of covid.

And actually, you can come back Thailand (as i did) and paid a very special covid Thai insurance and a room hotel to stay 15 night in a kind of "fake 3 stars" hotel without any vaccination made. You will have to test yourself before to come, with lot of paper and incredible administrative process and will be tested 2 other time at day 5 and 12 the way they will probably trust a bit you are not a (maybe) dirty farang. When you will be out of the fly (a fly from any company where many workers had to loose their job due to covid choices made by any countries) who will be full at 30%, you will see more Thai citizen (half of them in army) i kind of near bacteriologic fight suit in line to orient you and give you a number, then check all you rpapers a first time before the immigration authority, ask questions, then in line with a 5 meter distance, you will go to the immigration border, to be checked a second time, then the last border again checked, then will feel alone in the big baggage room , at last step, you will be directed to you reserved taxi who will not be able to speak with you and bring you to your ASQ hotel where you will have to answer some usual already asked question again, before to be 15 night alone in your room.

You will eat the food they want 3 times a day, very close each to other: at 8:30, 12:30, 16:00 and most probably cold (and what ever you ask it will be not possible... only buy industrial food in 7/11 possible). You will have to wash your room yourself if you are lucky as i was to find tools for cleaning (i had to insist and explained i'm Buddhist and i absolutely have to stay clean because i am not this dirty farang i hear someone speaking about... so i expected to meet clean people who want to let me wash my own room as a minimum requirement to be honnorable and acceptable, they perfectly understand the idea at day number 12 after to be second time negative tested).

I can see the fear, and i can also understand why and how this is happening, we have no other choice than to respect the decision of any government we are living with in the country we travel in, and i do it, and live it this way by reason. But i can also see the impact on any other way around who is dramatic.

After one year and half far from my Thai family, i'm back Thailand with less money (due to covid impact on my country and job and due to excessive required indirect fees to come). Even if i am very strong and in good condition, not old at all and in full power in my 44 years old, we (me and my family) are just more poor and the future is definitely not a certitude for us (because of covid decision), as many other thousand families around the world.

That's it in the facts.

But i can also see other retired old one who are very safe because they did work and get monthly money back without do anything more with a pretty expensive life there (this is very very comfortable and it is pretty normal i think after long time working in a full employed society with very low percent of people without work). It is a very safe and luckily situation already, just they, sure, afraid the covid and any other virus that exist because, they are more exposed (sure) with that.

So then we have to stop our life because of that and maybe have no future, to be sacrified for them (i fell it as this and feel they are not the future of the humanity, they will sure not save humanity against anything) and in the same time defend alone the privileged right to get retirement money back one day, maybe...(against Blackrock company who want to make this become a fund in any countries around the world) without your help to fight against this social system you are profited all your life and that you parent fight strongly to build.

It is very complicate to accept as such a situation. You understand it or not will just show how far you can think about the other when they want, same as you before, to have a life and not become very poor or sacrified their life for other at the end of the life that definitely doesn't care about my family or any other people or any social value around the world (just they want more, what ever is happening).

Edited by jerolamo
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Benmart said:

With indifference. The government has pretty much ignored the spending power of expats who have kept many businesses afloat in Pattaya. 

Yeah, Pattaya looks like a ghost town. Sad for the small shops.

My old Canadian friend who is 82, is hoping that he will be in good enough health to risk going to Thailand

and stay in Hua Hin from December until March 2021 to 2022.     I am hoping that there will be enough people vaccinated 

in Bangkok and Hua Hin, for him to be able to do that.      As for myself, I doubt that I will return to Thailand until the end of 2022.

I am just that much younger and will stay in Canada a bit longer.  Good Luck Hua Hin,                                                                                                                                                     I hope that all your people can get vaccinated by December this year.

Geezer

On 4/27/2021 at 12:02 PM, Flying Saucage said:

This is how the Thai government views us farang.  We're all pleading to enter the ivory tower of Thailand, the promised land.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2021 at 11:55 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

My old Canadian friend who is 82, is hoping that he will be in good enough health to risk going to Thailand

and stay in Hua Hin from December until March 2021 to 2022.   

Geezer, can you ask your friend where he gets his medical insurance to enter Thailand please. I have a Brit friend who is 80 and wants to return as soon as possible but he is struggling to find affordable insurance.

I think that he goes through TD for a trip insurance that he pays a lot to get.  I found that the TD was the cheapest

for insurance, AMA was expensive, as was most other banks and insurance companies. It is harder the older you get.

Life is not fair. and Insurance companies are not too fair as well.  I doubt that the UK is any easier to get insurance coverage

after you are 75.

Geezer

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I think that he goes through TD for a trip insurance that he pays a lot to get.  I found that the TD was the cheapest

for insurance, AMA was expensive, as was most other banks and insurance companies. It is harder the older you get.

Life is not fair. and Insurance companies are not too fair as well.  I doubt that the UK is any easier to get insurance coverage

after you are 75.

Geezer

On 5/2/2021 at 4:53 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

after you are 75.

Geezer

What is TD please?

TD is  Toronto Dominion, a  Bank in Canada.  They sell travelers insurance to their clients. as well as other banks and

some other companies. CAA is Canadian Auto Association.  AMA is Alberta Motor Association.  As I said, I do not know what the UK has for medical

insurances, but in Canada it gets more expensive the older you are, or if you start having medical problems.

Other Banks like Royal Bank, or CIBC bank are more expensive as banks go.   

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error
  • Like 1