Registration for Private Covid-19 Vaccine Procurement Opens

webfact

ba984459c115382e57aad573f179a698_small.jpg

By Paphamon Arayasukawat

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Thai Chamber of Commerce (TCC) and Board of Trade website have opened registration for private companies who wish to procure Covid-19 vaccine at their own expense for their employees so that they can restart operations as soon as possible and help speed up recovery of the economy.

The Thai Chamber of Commerce said on Monday that the registration form will be used to gather information on vaccine requirement from the private sector. Officials will contact registrants once there is any progress in negotiating with manufacturers to discuss further steps in detail.

The TCC will coordinate with related government authorities to import vaccine that meets Thai regulations, and at a reasonable price. The distribution of the imported vaccine will be supervised by the Private Hospital Association Thailand.

The Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade of Thailand are also looking for private companies who wish to contribute to the procurement and distribution of Covid-19 vaccine in Thailand.

To procure the vaccine for employees, visit https://thaichamber.org/question/159. To make a contribution, fill in the form at https://thaichamber.org/question/158.

nnt.jpg

3 hours ago, kotsak said:

Typical EU hypocrisy. They ban GM food coz they go along with the erroneous public sentiment about the supposed danger of ingesting GMOs but then only allow GM vaccines to be shot into the bloodstream of EU citizens. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Now if the government would just approve Moderna and Pfizer! The other stuff is <deleted>!

Better recheck on the Pfizer. I was counting on it but now there seems to be a problem here also.

4 hours ago, alant said:

where can we get an update on private hospitals  doing same for patients?

If there's money to be made from farangs you'll hear about it even if you're deaf and blind. Don't worry. 

56 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

If there's money to be made from farangs you'll hear about it even if you're deaf and blind. Don't worry. 

There's money to be made from rich Thais and demand will far outstrip supply.  Farangs stand at the back of the queue or return home where you can get vaccinated free. 

5 hours ago, alant said:

where can we get an update on private hospitals  doing same for patients?

Hard to imagine there's much information available, given that hospitals are just now registering to be allowed to participate.  Then they need to be approved.  Then they need to order stock.  Then...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kotsak said:

Yesterday I saw on TV that AstraZeneca and the producer of the russian Sputnik V have start a joint venture about the next generation of vaccine. It will be a mix of the adenovirus—chimpanzee virus from AstraZeneca’s and the human virus from Sputnik. Would they really do that if the doors are closed to EU?

13 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Maybe not if it results in a loss of face

16 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

There's money to be made from rich Thais and demand will far outstrip supply.  Farangs stand at the back of the queue or return home where you can get vaccinated free. 

Perhaps so. But if the queue is for AZ or sinovac I won't be at the front or the back. 

I have the relative luxury of simply staying out of the fray until the dust settles. I have most all I need to be happy within the walls of my own yard and the beach is near. I'm not a  city person. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alant said:

Maybe not if it results in a loss of face

Maybe in many places but in Huahin there are quite a few businesses that cater to farang. Some Thai are more entrepreneurial than they are ideological. Bangkok Hospital chain will see the opportunity I'm sure. 

Even China and Russia have benefitted by incorporating capitalism into their otherwise collective and repressive regimes. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 12:30 PM, RocketDog said:

Maybe in many places but in Huahin there are quite a few businesses that cater to farang. Some Thai are more entrepreneurial than they are ideological. Bangkok Hospital chain will see the opportunity I'm sure. 

Even China and Russia have benefitted by incorporating capitalism into their otherwise collective and repressive regimes. 

China is repressive. They went from last to second since 1970s. What did jolly old England do? nothing is the answer. Greatest success story in modern history. Poverty gone. Income gap closing. Road to over 50+ hilltribes plus WiFi. Don't knock what the Chinese have done. 

• Like 1