iPhone update and Thai COVID app

poppysdad

Just updated my iPhone this morning and found the mask and watch option works flawlessly and instantly. However walking into Market Village a short time ago and pressing on the app to read my entry and found it no longer works so had to go old fashioned and sign my way in. Cannot find an update for the app, so is it just me or is it a common problem. 

16 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

However walking into Market Village a short time ago and pressing on the app to read my entry and found it no longer works

I have been signing in up to now without installing an app just using the QR code scanner, it always tells me there’s no application but still seems to work OK anyway. I haven’t updated yet so can’t comment if that is still going to work. 

Correct - The app seems to hang and then close after a minute. This current  iOS update seems to centered around data security, maybe it doesn’t pass Apples increased measures.

Maybe I’m wrong, but the government app seems to have been forgotten about since day 0. I was expecting to be stopped by police on the street proving I was being tracked, but none happened.

If I need to scan in then it’s usually with LINE or the AoT app, and by the attitude of most security guards, if they see you hold up a phone in the general direction of the QR code they don’t worry. 

On 4/27/2021 at 11:55 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

I have been signing in up to now without installing an app just using the QR code scanner, it always tells me there’s no application but still seems to work OK anyway. I haven’t updated yet so can’t comment if that is still going to work. 

I updated yesterday and had to go into Udon today there was no change in the sign in process, it is still working AFIK. I have no government app installed. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

• 2 weeks later...