Wearing a mask whilst driving?

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A mask is required in 50 provinces. I think they all will have the same rule when driving.

Possibly, but it was only mentioned by the BMA, so its unclear if it applies to all provinces (wearing masks in vehicles).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, jackdd said:

Actually not typical Thai logic, because this one makes sense.

If there would be any exception most people who are found without mask would claim that the other persons are their husband/wife/bf/gf/children or whatever and police would have discussions. If there were a mask exception for other reasons, for example for exercising, people who don't want to wear a mask would just claim that they are exercising if they should get caught. Thus no exceptions, makes it way easier to enforce.

Because those making and enforcing these rules are braindead children. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/14/2021 at 11:36 AM, merijn said:

Typical Thai logic, at home my wife and I don't have wear the mask but as soon we step both in the car we have to wear them ????

Anyone watching you drive by does not know the lady in the car with you is your wife?

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

That silly rule about wearing masks in cars when more than I person is in the car was promulgated by the BKK gov't. Most people seem to be ignoring it for obvious reasons.

As Joe says, masks are reqired outside your home in most areas. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 6:41 PM, jackdd said:

Actually not typical Thai logic, because this one makes sense.

If there would be any exception most people who are found without mask would claim that the other persons are their husband/wife/bf/gf/children or whatever and police would have discussions. If there were a mask exception for other reasons, for example for exercising, people who don't want to wear a mask would just claim that they are exercising if they should get caught. Thus no exceptions, makes it way easier to enforce.

Guess I should wear condom if I am in bed with a girl even if we not having sex. Same logic, no sense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/27/2021 at 7:26 PM, ubonjoe said:

This from the NBT FaceBook page. https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/

image.png.d58d7efa82863339ed71d31fa8f5378f.png

Note the source is the CCSA which means it is the same everywhere.

Understood Joe but I think it begs the question of if I am "in pubic" within the closed confines of my own car. My outlook is the same while I am within the confines of my face enclosed motorbike helmet (full head/face enclosure). I know, TIT.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:36 AM, merijn said:

Typical Thai logic, at home my wife and I don't have wear the mask but as soon we step both in the car we have to wear them ????

True but the BIB dont know that...  they dont want pull everyone over for this check....

1 minute ago, timendres said:

If I were driving a car, and I was forced to wear a mask, it would possibly create a serious safety issue, as masks make my glasses fog up so much that it affects my ability to see.

Urine fixes the fogging, I <deleted> on my glasses during my morning shower... that sorts them.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Seeall said:

True but the BIB dont know that...  they dont want pull everyone over for this check....

with my tinted windows the BiB have no idea how many people are in my car let alone if they are wearing a face mask.

Edited by Ralf001

13 minutes ago, smiggley said:

I agree with timendres, I wear glasses to drive and when wearing a mask my glasses fog up hence dangerous to drive. My wife does not drive so how are we supposed to do our grocery shopping and other errands.

You can drive alone, then you don't have to wear a mask. Don't turn on the aircon, then your glasses won't fog up. Use contact lenses. There are probably more options to overcome this obstacle in your life.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, smiggley said:

I agree with timendres, I wear glasses to drive and when wearing a mask my glasses fog up hence dangerous to drive. My wife does not drive so how are we supposed to do our grocery shopping and other errands.

From what I have observed, a lot of Thai drivers use the Braille system.

An alternative is to tell the wife to catch a Win and meet her there.

Edited by Ralf001

I know it not related to driving a car but If i am riding my bike with a full face helmet do i need to be wearing a mask while i am riding, and i am not relating to a scooter around town but a big bike on a longer ride on the highway 

On 4/27/2021 at 7:26 PM, ubonjoe said:

This from the NBT FaceBook page. https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/

image.png.d58d7efa82863339ed71d31fa8f5378f.png

Note the source is the CCSA which means it is the same everywhere.

First I did not believe my wife when she the told me about the need for a mask when we are both in the same car without other passengers...what come next :  the need to have masks when sleeping in the same bed (...and do not consider group sex ?????)

22 minutes ago, grubman said:

I know it not related to driving a car but If i am riding my bike with a full face helmet do i need to be wearing a mask while i am riding, and i am not relating to a scooter around town but a big bike on a longer ride on the highway 

The orders say: If you are outside / in public, you have to wear a mask. There are no exceptions.

They said that if you are alone in your car you don't need to wear a mask, I guess their argumentation is that your are physically separated from other people by the chassis of your car, so you are not outside / in public. I don't see how this could be applied to motorbikes, on a motorbike you are clearly outside, so probably always mask.

It's difficult to see though if you are wearing a mask under a full face helmet or not. I also think that the chance to get fined when not wearing a mask and riding alone is very small.

Edited by jackdd

21 minutes ago, grubman said:

Depends on how many passengers you have.

• Haha 1