Travelling Phuket expats test positive on return home

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, DrMJA said:

My Thai wife is an RN (register nurse), and still has not gotten the second vaccine, as of 28 April. She does not work in the wards, she is front line .... stop talking in which you have NO knowledge!

In addition, as a westerner working for the Thai government, I have been put on a list for a vaccine sometime at the end of June.  Again, stop talking/ writing in which you have NO knowledge!

Are you or your wife working on Samui? I was replying to posts asking questions about the process on Samui. 

7 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

Are you or your wife working on Samui? I was replying to posts asking questions about the process on Samui. 

The article in which you have been replying to starts with the title word: Phuket.

All of your replies to the article are concerning Phuket.

Glad to know Samui is in order, not like the rest of Thailand.  Especially, Phuket!

I still do not understand the reasoning. Being vaccinated implies if at all that one is less affected. Does not in any senses that one cannot be infected or is a asymptomatic carrier. Why skip tests on those arrivals that are vaccinated especially rich thais fm bkk that frequent bars. 

On 4/28/2021 at 3:46 AM, RichardColeman said:

Sorry, but I cannot see anywhere in this story if they were tested before they left Phuket in the first place and found to be negative. Which would surely mean they could have been positive when they left

Indeed ,,the Italian chap would have been very unlucky to have got infected from the (supposedly) handful of cases in Krabi. 

On 4/29/2021 at 11:26 AM, stevenl said:

His post was clearly about Samui. Why bother replying to a post if you can't properly read the post. And no need at all for the aggressiveness.

Okay mom, thanks!

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 12:05 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Its incredible that no Thai’s returning to the island have tested positive....????

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above in this post may also contain traces of sarcasm> 

Now the big question is which foreigner has spread it to them..... 

Why the rush for a vaccine? The survival rate in 99.7%. 

It's doesn't make sense to me and won't be taking any vaccine. I'll even sign a waiver that they can refuse me medical care if I'm covid positive. 

I have had 'flu' like symptoms 3 times since Jan 2020 yet I'm not dead. Was it the Flu or covid? 

Covid and Influenza is like Clark Kent and Superman. Never in the same place at the same time.