Chonburi reports 108 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

file.jpg

FILE PHOTO for reference only

Health officials  in Chonburi on Wednesday reported 108 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of cases in the province to 2,153.

Of the new cases, most were found in Banglamung (54), Muang Chonburi (26), Sriracha (18) and Ban Bueng (3).

Cases were discovered after people visited a number of locations including Berlin in Bangsaen, Bone Pattaya and Cactus Club. Others were infected after travelling from Sisaket, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Ratchasima, Pathum Thani, Udonthani and Chachoengsao.

177650297_304836131161574_8356927288196830163_n.jpg

Others were infected after visiting entertainment venues in Pattaya, Mueang Chonburi and Bangkok. 

Two infections were discovered in medical personnel.

43 other cases remain under investigation. 

The remainder of the cases were discovered by a combination of contact and proactive tracing. 

Health officials continue to report that most cases are linked to entertainment venues.

Residents in Chonburi are urged to maintain social distancing, avoid gatherings and parties, wear masks and follow the policy of D-H-M-T-T.

D - Distancing- Avoid close contact with others.

M - Mask wearing - Always wear a mask.

H - Hand washing - Wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer service .

T - Testing - Body temperature check

T - Thaichana - Install and use the Thai Chana mobile app

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-28

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

54 cases in Banglamung... bet a few are getting nervous now.

Can I infer this is a mongering local?  I now read this is the recent moo4 area.   Lol.   Scary times in TH now.  Have fun in your 30 sq m condos. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Totally agree.... This Government won't admit they have a real problem, and wants to play it down by not testing,...... Reason they have no vaccine to combat the virus. 

Not much point testing if you don't have enough room to hospitalise those who test positive. Maybe field hospitals coming on stream will resolve that problem.

The rise in the number of people going onto respirators is increasing at a worrying rate.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, smiggley said:

They are quick to blame entertainment venues when all have been closed since 10th of April, they will be the last to open yet again.

I know for a fact that there are places open in Pattaya (clubs) with the right knock you get in and mix it up, you couldn't pay me to go near such a place right now, I have a farang super hero who boasts about his stupidity that eats in the same resto as I do - I asked him to sit away from me when he sat down to eat beside me and he got offended while sneezing and blowing his nose saying - oh I must have caught something - yeah right - I am not going to become the victim of someone elses stupidity 

It has been reported recently that this virus is air bourn - various experts have studied transmission recently and that is what they have concluded - look it up

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 12:34 AM, Soikhaonoiken said:

Totally agree.... This Government won't admit they have a real problem, and wants to play it down by not testing,...... Reason they have no vaccine to combat the virus. 

One year on, after many countries have started their vaccination program, and are making progress towards pre covid normality, Thailand hasn't even announced their vaccination plan.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

One year on, after many countries have started their vaccination program, Thailand hasn't even announced their vaccination plan.  

They have announced a plan.

Just very late in starting (1st priority group not until June) and in practice may prove later still.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

They have announced a plan.

Just very late in starting (1st priority group not until June) and in practice may piove later still.

Did they give that plan a colour?  It's sure to change.  ????

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Crystal ball time:

Based on the way everything else here goes, I predict:

1) the app abut to be released (supposedly tomorrow), through which people are supposed to pre-register, even if released on time will be full of bugs. And when people attempt to then register in person at hospitals and health centers, many of these will not be prepared for it and have no system in place to take names. If it is ever usable (may not be) it will be a good month later than planned. I am planning to go Monday, with my housekeeper, to the local Health Center and try to register (we both meet criteria for the first group to be vaccinated).  I will be very surprised if they are set up and able to take  either of out details. If it fails there we will try the provincial hospital. I will be surprised if that works, either, even for her (Thai citizen with ID and actually lives where the ID says she does) let alone for me.

2)  people who live in a different province from their ID card/govt hospital registration (arguably a large segment  of the population) will not be able to register to receive the vaccine where they actually are. And of course the various COVID restrictions will make it hard for them to travel back to the province where they are listed even if they are otherwise willing and able to do so.

3) there will be a time lag in developing and disseminating system for registering non-Thais (expats,  migrant workers) and when it comes, it too will be full of bugs.

4) vaccine production will be behind schedule  or batches may fail quality tests (the plan is contingent on local production) and along with mass centers not yet being ready etc etc, actual vaccination will start later than planned.

At all stages of the rollout (registration, vaccination) there will be a large gap between what central level says and what the actual providers of the service have been told/instructions they have gotten. Also, those instructions will have been so vaguely worded as to be open to multiple interpretations. We will hear of entirely different policies being followed in different parts of the country.

This  will all sort out eventually (or people will learn to work around it)  but cause significant delays.

I agree with your assessment, especially the part about Thai's registered in different provinces, but residing in Pattaya.  

Do you think they will get anything right?  ????  

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Crystal ball time:

Based on the way everything else here goes, I predict:

1) the app abut to be released (supposedly tomorrow), through which people are supposed to pre-register, even if released on time will be full of bugs. And when people attempt to then register in person at hospitals and health centers, many of these will not be prepared for it and have no system in place to take names. If it is ever usable (may not be) it will be a good month later than planned. I am planning to go Monday, with my housekeeper, to the local Health Center and try to register (we both meet criteria for the first group to be vaccinated).  I will be very surprised if they are set up and able to take  either of out details. If it fails there we will try the provincial hospital. I will be surprised if that works, either, even for her (Thai citizen with ID and actually lives where the ID says she does) let alone for me.

2)  people who live in a different province from their ID card/govt hospital registration (arguably a large segment  of the population) will not be able to register to receive the vaccine where they actually are. And of course the various COVID restrictions will make it hard for them to travel back to the province where they are listed even if they are otherwise willing and able to do so.

3) there will be a time lag in developing and disseminating system for registering non-Thais (expats,  migrant workers) and when it comes, it too will be full of bugs.

4) vaccine production will be behind schedule  or batches may fail quality tests (the plan is contingent on local production) and along with mass centers not yet being ready etc etc, actual vaccination will start later than planned.

At all stages of the rollout (registration, vaccination) there will be a large gap between what central level says and what the actual providers of the service have been told/instructions they have gotten. Also, those instructions will have been so vaguely worded as to be open to multiple interpretations. We will hear of entirely different policies being followed in different parts of the country.

This  will all sort out eventually (or people will learn to work around it)  but cause significant delays.

If I were a Thai systems engineer, I would kill myself to end my misery.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:51 AM, smedly said:

This has to be grossly underestimated considering the number of tests being done

Until Thailand gets its testing ramped up based on stats from other countries these figures are way off.

There is only one proven way to estimate virus spread and that is extensive random testing, why Thailand is reluctant to test is quite frankly a gross failure or intentional  

Random testing is a waste of time. Any mass testign needs to be targeted at risk groups. You want to randomly test a bunch of 3rd graders? You really need to learn somethign about epidemiology. This is a tropical country. You think they don't know what they are doing? Shall we take pointers from the USA? lol

A post all in Thai has been removed also a reply.

Please understand posting cut and paste jobs in Thai language is of no use to anyone and will be removed

On 5/4/2021 at 2:23 PM, DavisH said:

Random testing is a waste of time. Any mass testign needs to be targeted at risk groups. You want to randomly test a bunch of 3rd graders? You really need to learn somethign about epidemiology. This is a tropical country. You think they don't know what they are doing? Shall we take pointers from the USA? lol

They need to remove any prohibitive factors that stop people coming forward for tested.  They also need to test the sewage for the amount of remnants of the virus.