Phuket foreigners told to be COVID ‘socially responsible’ or face expulsion

webfact

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The meeting was for/with FOREIGN consuls and representatives on the island so of course the Thai officials would remind them to pass along the word to their nationals and other constituents. Did you happen to read that the THAI Prime Minister was fined for not wearing a mask in public? It has nothing to do with targeting any particular group of people...it's to get everyone on the same page. Even after over 20 years, I don't understand the reflexive defensiveness of so many T-V members. If you hate Thailand...leave!

I happen to read that but Im also able to demonstrate for "my children" what can happen to them if they dont listen to their school teacher.????

27 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Welcome to Phuket, The island that is only interested in your wallet, Please come and stay in quarantine and leave as soon as you out of it.. We don't care about you, only if you pay and if vaccines are available you will be at the end of the list.. Thank you for your interest

How original ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

In other breaking news the Russian vaccine that the Thai government has ordered they are not allowing to use it in Brazil due to the fact of lack of data lack of transparency I was a vaccine therefore Brazil will not use the Russian vaccine the Thai government thinks it’s a great deal so why not Get it TIT

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, outsider said:

When things go south (no pun intended!) there's always the dirty foreigners to fall back on. They can be blamed for everything, and can also be used as ATM machines. Pretty shrewd how these 'officials' have developed a 'farang ecosystem'.

Fair point......but also, to be fair, what politicians (certainly currently in power) don't all use the same playbook.......every dictator, rightwing 'leader' needs an enemy upon which the sheeple can focus their attentions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1