Pattaya: Go out without a mask and face a fine - pay 6K on the spot for first offence

webfact

4pm.jpg

PIcture: Sophon Cable TV

The district chief of Bang Lamung that encompasses Pattaya said that officers from the Department of Provincial Administration and the police were out checking that everyone was wearing a mask outside their homes. 

Wuthisak Singhadecha told Sophon Cable TV that he would prefer that people cooperated rather than face fines. 

But they would be fined for non-compliance. If they insisted on going to court - and that is a bothersome process, he said - they could be fined up to 20,000 baht.

4pm3.jpg

PIcture: Sophon Cable TV

Better to pay on the spot he said - 6,000 baht for the first offence, 12,000 for the second and 20K the third. 

However, he said it could be lower if there are mitigating circumstances. 

This statement was not what a senior policeman said earlier this week in reference to two men who were fined just 500 baht in Ayutthaya, notes Thaivisa. 

The fines are in accordance with regulations initiated in Chonburi since January 4th but are only now being seriously enforced as the third wave of Covid 19 affects many provinces. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-28

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

not everyone can be perfect like you 

pretty sure if I go look at some of your contributions on TVF I will find you are far from perfect 

Eindhoven was only referring to non mask wearing. Nothing to do with previous posts in other forums, where he has helped many others with his PC advice.

It was you who mentioned the word PERFECT. 

These guys enforce the ridiculous requirements and fines which are designed to fill their pockets. And will be applied selectively to those who seems payable.

But they ignore the fact that faulty designed Pattaya drainage system is deliverying all sort of infections around the streets and finally into the sea. They better go out in a rain in Pattaya, to see flows of sewage filling the streets.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

imo 6000 thb is a bit of a killer for most of the Thai people

they earn around 10-12000 bahts\month (When they have a job)

and in these hard times a lot of them are just basically trying to survive

I understand the idea is to force them to comply with the requirment

but i hope they will not enforce it too severely, that could drive some people in more desperate situations

For the farangs i still see a lot of them outside in Pattaya without a mask

in a way i am not really surprised, they drive their motorbike without a helmet they <deleted> working girls without a condom, most of them are heavy drinkers\smokers and overweights, so it makes perfect  sense for them to continue the self destruction process

their rebel's motto:

''what's life without risks?''

''i am the only one who is important, who cares about the others?''

and finally ''live today like if there will be no tomorrow''

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

How is that even border line relevant or a vaguely intelligent response to the questions posed......

Do we really need to wear a mask in the open air and even more ridiculous a mask inside a car traveling around with people you already live with (or even sat in the car alone???)

It is a question of science, of relevance, of necessity......not a question of whether I can understand a simple statement......

You may quote all your science and relevance to the police or city inspector when they stop you...maybe even print out and hand them some studies but I doubt it will do you any good. "Outside the home" in public (where the BIB and city inspectors have jurisdiction) seems pretty clear to me. And driving solo in a vehicle on a publicly maintained road is outside the home. Shopping malls, office buildings, and restaurants/small businesses have their own rules. But certainly do as you think best. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

So is this law and was it gazetted ?

I believe local provincial governors and mayors of self governing local bodies like Pattaya, were given the authority to take these and other measures under earlier gazetted Covid-19 control measures. But if cited, maybe raise the "Royal Gazette" defense in court and see how far it gets you.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

You may quote all your science and relevance to the police or city inspector when they stop you...maybe even print out and hand them some studies but I doubt it will do you any good. "Outside the home" in public (where the BIB and city inspectors have jurisdiction) seems pretty clear to me. And driving solo in a vehicle on a publicly maintained road is outside the home. Shopping malls, office buildings, and restaurants/small businesses have their own rules. But certainly do as you think best. 

No fines applicable for driving in a car without a mask if you are alone; only if carrying passengers. This from yesterday's CCSA English presentation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Happy to follow rules and more than happy not to contract covid....BUT!

Do we really need to wear a mask in the open air and even more ridiculous a mask inside a car traveling around with people you already live with (or even sat in the car alone???).

Happy to be corrected by someone who feels they know better.

Outside if it's crowded yes you should mask. I agree this rule is an overdo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So they expect you to wear a mask in your car huh?

First of all, that's just plain stupid.

Second, I'll put it on if I see a cop.

Third, unless I'm indoors I don't need to wear one. At the beach it's very dumb if nobody is around.

Go ahead and fine me guys.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Here's a fun hypothetical: imagine you live in a motorhome (not a trailer, or "caravan"). Is it a home? Is it a car? "Officer I AM at home... my home has wheels and an engine..." What would cop do? Probably not consider the issue: when in doubt, put the squeeze on....