Pattaya: Go out without a mask and face a fine - pay 6K on the spot for first offence

webfact

1 minute ago, Emdog said:

Here's a fun hypothetical: imagine you live in a motorhome (not a trailer, or "caravan"). Is it a home? Is it a car? "Officer I AM at home... my home has wheels and an engine..." What would cop do? Probably not consider the issue: when in doubt, put the squeeze on....

He would fine you....end of discussion....555

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Here's a fun hypothetical: imagine you live in a motorhome (not a trailer, or "caravan"). Is it a home? Is it a car? "Officer I AM at home... my home has wheels and an engine..." What would cop do? Probably not consider the issue: when in doubt, put the squeeze on....

If you were home alone in your hypothetical house on wheels there is nothing he could do.

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Will this work the same as the motorcycle helmet law?

I've read that once you have your receipt for 'no helmet', you can show it for the rest of the day with impunity if stopped a second time.

I heard it was for 4 days , I’ve always gone in 4 days later no problem 

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

How is that even border line relevant or a vaguely intelligent response to the questions posed......

Do we really need to wear a mask in the open air and even more ridiculous a mask inside a car traveling around with people you already live with (or even sat in the car alone???)

It is a question of science, of relevance, of necessity......not a question of whether I can understand a simple statement......

If you like paying cops run around without it , Geezus 

• Like 1

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

Wear a mask....as most people  have been for a year

I give in......I have always worn a mask.....always quarantined when asked to.......wind your neck in.......I was only querying the requirement to where a mask in the open and when inside a 'family' car........do not respond.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

Oh and I'm sure the 6K will find its way to the government. Yeah, sure it will, lol

Irrelevant. The purpose is to punish the transgressors and scare other  non cooperative people into compliance. It's a travesty that this forum gets hijacked by people promoting  non compliance at such a time.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I give in......I have always worn a mask.....always quarantined when asked to.......wind your neck in.......I was only querying the requirement to where a mask in the open and when inside a 'family' car........do not respond.

It's a tedious oft mentioned question that really does not need  asking as at can be dealt with in a number of common sense ways. There comes a point when constant iteration of questions are not really about gaining knowledge  but encouraging dissension and hostility to the police and medical authorities. If the question is so urgent to you why don't you  predicate it with your statement of cooperation to give it context. Do try to be less sensitive  and less bossy. No I won't wind my neck in what ever that means

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

So they expect you to wear a mask in your car huh?

First of all, that's just plain stupid.

Second, I'll put it on if I see a cop.

Third, unless I'm indoors I don't need to wear one. At the beach it's very dumb if nobody is around.

Go ahead and fine me guys.

TVN police will be coming for you....expect a hammering....just do as you are told!!!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Let us hope this is not abused.

How about indoors in public areas? (Malls)

Malls are not public area. It's private property and the owner set the rules, of course following laws and regulations of the country.

Expect to wear your masks for foreseeable future (years) because Thailand is not going to 'get with it. It is too far and will quickly <deleted> off everyone. Indoors, yes, but if one is expected to wear on the street, it will not make a difference. How will restaurants fair? Probably mentioned, but not wear helmet = paltry fine if any; not wear mask for ineffective killer = massive fine!

19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Will this work the same as the motorcycle helmet law?

I've read that once you have your receipt for 'no helmet', you can show it for the rest of the day with impunity if stopped a second time.

I heard that also, even more stupid is letting them ride off with no helmet

Once again, in the supermarket last night, almost every single foreigner in the supermarket had their nose exposed or were wearing their masks on their chin. I think their was one, Russian, who wore his properly. All the others, westerners, refuse to wear them properly.

It's just a sad fact. Utter morons.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Once again, in the supermarket last night, almost every single foreigner in the supermarket had their nose exposed or were wearing their masks on their chin. I think their was one, Russian, who wore his properly. All the others, westerners, refuse to wear them properly.

It's just a sad fact. Utter morons.

I feel sorry for the staff there, they are being put at risk but not in a position to really prevent it.

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I feel sorry for the staff there, they are being put at risk but not in a position to really prevent it.

Exactly, the cretins are lucky that they live in a generally non confrontational society. 

No one says anything, so they think they are getting away with it. But they are creating a disgusting reputation for themselves. 

• Like 1

This sign went up in lifts at my condo (I've been going round for months with lack of any mask enforcement in commons "discussion" with management).

When lift stopped & I took photo, Thai woman hastily putting on mask. This morning farang with bike getting on, no mask or even carrying one.

I know this will sound absurd, but wonder if there is any hotline to Chonburi police to report security doing nothing? Have a little talk with management? There previous suggestion when put up "required" sign was to tell me to take photos and send to police.liftmask_editedpls.thumb.jpg.081fcf9580e85f76d9f01648576e8d2f.jpg

On 4/28/2021 at 11:05 AM, smedly said:

going to need a special mask that allows food to pass through but blocks the virus 

Stupid nonsense 

One thing is certain - the virus can get through all masks unless they have a dedicated air supply AND are extremely well sealed around the face but of course the person will vent covid virus if he is infected and spread it around. Bottom line, there is no good solution to stopping the spread.