Pattaya: Go out without a mask and face a fine - pay 6K on the spot for first offence

webfact

On 4/28/2021 at 10:54 AM, webfact said:

But they would be fined for non-compliance. If they insisted on going to court - and that is a bothersome process, he said - they could be fined up to 20,000 baht.

Bothersome, Wife tried top go to court this  week  , the small  claims court  up to 300k  baht and was  given the brush off there. Sale  of a condo, the  seller took 100k  baht deposit then sold to someone else and refuses to give back the 100k he received from the buyer. Wife has given up after the court found her bothersome!

She gets  nothing out of this except trying to help the buyer, she has already given him back the 20k she  received out of that 100k, the other co agent is also refusing, lovely  people all round.

She spent most of a day with the buyer going to Police station (disinterested) the first court who said  she needed to go to a different court on tuther  side of town and the second court who refused to help. Thai  justice finest in the world right up there with North Korea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

I didn't want to embarrass him in front of his partner, but what an utter idiot.  They really should do something about these disrespectful clowns.

What ya gonna do.... it used to be the odd tourist without a shirt. 

21 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Not wearing a shirt does not possibly endanger people's lives at the worst and show complete disrespect to them at best.

Just another lowlife playing at being superior in my eyes.

Just watching a recording of the World Snooker Final in the UK... some people in the crowd (a full sized crowd has been allowed), have got their mask below their noses.....should be in the stocks for a day!

On 4/28/2021 at 1:12 AM, Emdog said:

Here's a fun hypothetical: imagine you live in a motorhome (not a trailer, or "caravan"). Is it a home? Is it a car? "Officer I AM at home... my home has wheels and an engine..." What would cop do? Probably not consider the issue: when in doubt, put the squeeze on....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Just watching a recording of the World Snooker Final in the UK... some people in the crowd (a full sized crowd has been allowed), have got their mask below their noses.....should be in the stocks for a day!

Those snooker events all you can hear is people coughing

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Those snooker events all you can hear is people coughing

It has been better this year (well in early rounds spectators were less) ..... fewer colds and coughs about due to Covid measures. Mrs Selby was in the gallery dreaming about a new Merc.

Good to see people were complying with the mask rule there, while in front of Old Trafford they demonstrated wearing cans of lager. I have masks in my truck, the pocket on my bike, and the pocket of my shirt and still get absent minded. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 5/3/2021 at 6:28 AM, jacko45k said:

Perhaps better to say there is no single one good solution, but a combination of efforts, of which mask wearing is a component. 

It's a component in that it make people feel safer, for what that's worth... .and make the government feel like they are doing something. It's quite evident that after more than a year, there is very little humans can do to contain these type of viral infections, and what they have done is causing more harm than good.

On 5/2/2021 at 9:12 PM, tropo said:

The sad fact is that you think wearing these masks will help prevent the spread. They're only being stupid for risking a fine, but it's their risk to take. I'm one of those "utter morons" who exposes my nose quite frequently. I like to get some air. I probably avoid angering the likes of you as I shop very late just before the shops close when there are few people about.

No the sad fact is that you think that you are exceptional. On what science do you make your entirely baseless claims?

Only being stupid risking a fine? What about stupid and selfish for risking the health of other people around them. Utter moron is just a polite word for such people.

Exposing your nose because you want "air" in a supermarket? Did you even think for a second before you wrote such a thing?

Allow me to explain it to you in simple terms:

spacer.png

So let's talk about the typical person who walks around the supermarket with his nose hanging out....

SARS-CoV-2 is considered to be mainly transmitted via respiratory droplets.

Look at the size of respiratory droplets. Masks can stop them. But that person allows their respiratory droplets to fly around freely because they are selfish.

The fine is to discourage selfish people from such selfish behaviour. But because they can afford the fine, they continue being selfish.

See where I am going with this? But of course you do not care; because you have described yourself as exactly that person.

No let's talk about air. Air molecules are around one third of a single nanometre in size. SARS-COV particles 50 - 200 nanometres in size.

So some <blank> wants to tell me that they remove the mask because they need air and starts their post with "It's a sad fact..."

Where are your facts?

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 11:05 AM, smedly said:

going to need a special mask that allows food to pass through but blocks the virus 

Stupid nonsense 

As Mark Twain said it is far easier to fool people then to ever have them admit they have been fooled.

15 hours ago, tropo said:

It's a component in that it make people feel safer, for what that's worth... .and make the government feel like they are doing something. It's quite evident that after more than a year, there is very little humans can do to contain these type of viral infections, and what they have done is causing more harm than good.

Hmmmmm.... You just made that all up to make yourself feel better about what you are doing. 

Where are your facts? Not some QAnon conspiracy carp, but common sense facts that support your opinions.

I have explained my opinion in a simple way that even a small child can understand. 

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I have explained my opinion in a simple way that even a small child can understand.

Perhaps you need to give it more consideration than the capacity and perspective of a small child...

The debate about masks will rage on no doubt.

But from my perspective of the issue is that if I am in a public place and if a person who potentially and unknowingly is infected coughs or sneezes the mask will decrease the airbourne spread of droplets to a degree sufficient enough when coupled with social distancing to allow me to move well away from the immediate risk. The same applies to myself in a reversed situation.

Given the significant number of asymptomatic people testing identifies it is a real possibility.

This is a fantastic social experiment, how truly divided we can become over masks and vaccines is phenomenal. People who believe in masks are ready showing evidence of extremism over those who don't believe.

What would it take for us to stop functioning as a civilized society? Not much is my answer.

• Like 1

This morning (Sunday) took a walk along Jomtien Beach road around 9. Police pickup rolled up soi 7. Cop getting out pulled his mask up over mouth and chin. Good role model (not). They stood around and took a few photos.

Walked 20m more: Thai woman (no mask) talking with motorcycle taxis drive (had mask on). She about a meter away. Told her to put mask on, cops just over there. "You not police" she said. "You not intelligent" I replied. Laws don't work if only time citizens comply is when cops around.

Move down to where 10 or so "life guards" sitting around together. 4 of them not wearing masks. Sign like this maybe 10 meters away...

Passed numerous farangs without masks. Yes, I know shouldn't need if more than 2-3 meters apart. I'm old school: "A rule not enforced ceases to be a rule".

20210509_090244.jpg

What about the science then?

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-55680305

Researchers say infections can happen outdoors, but the chances are massively reduced.

Fresh air disperses and dilutes the virus.

It also helps to evaporate the liquid droplets in which it is carried.

On top of that, ultraviolet light from the Sun should kill any virus that's out in the open.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Emdog said:

I'm old school: "A rule not enforced ceases to be a rule".

You do know that you are in Thailand, don't you? What other laws do Thais follow religiously?

Perhaps you might be happier in a country with loads of cops arresting people for every rule and regulation broken.

• Haha 1

I understand about the masks and fines across the country. But I thought we are not allowed to eat in restaurants across the country, only order out. But I talked with my friend in Phuket and their restaurants are all open....he was eating in Sizzler as we spoke. When I asked why? He responded that Phuket is different from the rest of the country. What the hell is going on?

14 hours ago, Mansell said:

But I thought we are not allowed to eat in restaurants across the country, only order out

That applies only to 'deep red' provinces. 

Bangkok, Chonburi, Chiang Mai, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Samut Prakarn.