Higher, faster, deadlier: Third wave of COVID triggers growing fear in Thailand

webfact

Imagine the fear if they knew the real figures only in Thailand the doubling of cases every 3 days theory stalls just below the day before very mysterious at this rate the czar will be done and dusted by next month  ???? 

11 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Oh I'd wager quite a bit longer than that. 

Then still no one in, extended indefinitely. 

Not indefinitely, but until the end of the decade.

By then it will be over, and not only the pandemic...

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

Imagine the fear if they knew the real figures only in Thailand the doubling of cases every 3 days theory stalls just below the day before very mysterious at this rate the czar will be done and dusted by next month  ???? 

Figures are very odd......sudden increase, then 2000+ each day.......doesn't stack up.

The only thing which is spreading quicker than this 3rd wave of Covid in Thailand is the Stupidity of the people making the decisions and the stupid daily predictions of when tourists will return by the Government, Tourism association and the Chief medical officer, you can't teach stupid but apparently you can in Thailand. Welcome to the land of smiles, Hubs and delusional comments 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

On the contrary. Thais show a high degree of conformist, cooperation  and social  responsibility in these matters. Your view is just vaguely  racists.

All the ones I know are very anxious about covid and have been very cooperative with the authorities in this  matter. I remember  last March when the moto sai drivers Masked up and start  using hand gels and the banks and restaurants instituted all reccomended advice and protocols. The casual  dismissal of Thais on this forum is all all too common  but is not accurate and  sadly rooted in ignorance and racism.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Well, India has about 20 times the population of France, but "only" 10 times the number of cases and deaths.

I would not analyse and compare figures from India just now, give it another 6 months and the true scale of the problem will emerge.

25 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Dreaming again. That's why in Korat they shutdown a big party again last night. They pay attention so well......Not.

One big party. That implies both compliance and police action.  Try and contextualise your comments by a comparative  world view.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Experts once again make it out as if its totally unexpected and surprising.

Covid has been around for over a year, Thailand did very little testing but did lots of talking how healthcare is ready and can handle it. Turns out not only not ready, but not enough beds, not enough equipment and not enough medication

I recall in the start, they mentioned private hospital would be asked or made to provide care, and yet it has not happened, Also why people with mild symptoms are held in the hospital beds, they can either self isolate at home or put them in ASQ hotels so ones in more serious condition can get help

That's the logical and the rational thing to do. But if you know anything about Thais, 'logic and rationale ' ain't in their vocabulary!

• Like 1

one point that is not being mentioned is that when a Thai can not eat 3 big meals a day they think they are ding, would explain the amount of people in hospital, and to think the times I have been in hospital I have told my wife and family to eat the meals and got my wife to buy my meals from the restaurant and take away shop at the hospital, must say the menu looked great but when it came to the food

• Haha 1

My GF's village is fairly isolated, but 10 people have been carted off to the government hospital in Chiang Rai with COVID symptoms to date. The village is in lockdown; however, while they are checking cars in and out, scooters can use other routes that are not completely blocked.

I'm buying my beer from the local store from across a rope at the entrance, all the locals are wearing masks. Although I think the horse has well and truly bolted. It's now a tossup whether I am safer in the village, or in the Chiang Rai condo.

IMO time for the government to stop faffing about, accept tourism is dead and follow the science. Lock down travel between provinces for a month or two, shut the borders, provide financial support for those out of work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My GF's village is fairly isolated, but 10 people have been carted off to the government hospital in Chiang Rai with COVID symptoms to date. The village is in lockdown; however, while they are checking cars in and out, scooters can use other routes that are not completely blocked.

I'm buying my beer from the local store from across a rope at the entrance, all the locals are wearing masks. Although I think the horse has well and truly bolted. It's now a tossup whether I am safer in the village, or in the Chiang Rai condo.

IMO time for the government to stop faffing about, accept tourism is dead and follow the science. Lock down travel between provinces for a month or two, shut the borders, provide financial support for those out of work.

There is WAAAAY too much logic in your last 2 sentences for it to happen in Thailand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

The hospital he first applied to said they only did 20 tests a day....no appointment system........he went at 0530 next day....too late!!!

You think that was because he was a farang ?

The numbers are much much higher. If you start to have friends of friends and office staff it is much closer. As we all know the culture tends to be over scared and the local economy can’t be totally killed. 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

The deniers will be happy with Thailands approach, keep the numbers low and attribute death to other causes. Make sure that not everyone can get tested. That one way to keep it down. The fact that we read more and more about having problems getting tested makes me lose faith in the numbers.

don't tell us you did had a "little" faith on their numbers.... it's all a cover up, they will never provide any reliable info, never had and never will have any faith on any info out of their mouth

20 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

That's the logical and the rational thing to do. But if you know anything about Thais, 'logic and rationale ' ain't in their vocabulary!

It's a human frailty not exclusive to Thais actually proven by your illogical, irrational, untrue generalization..

2 hours ago, sambum said:

What I find tragic is that people who are asymptematic/positive showing no symptoms are hospitalised, yet someone like the young man mentioned in another post died because he couldn't be admitted due to all the beds being taken!

Could they not be quarantined in their own homes, thereby freeing up beds for more needy cases??

A symptomatic cases are taken to a different place (field hospitals)  so it should not effect the beds for cases like this.

3 hours ago, RobMuir said:

This B1.1.7 UK strain is a different beast. It isn't only Thailand copping it.

44% of new US cases are the B1.1.7 now. 

The figure in Thailand of the UK strain is 98%. Without it it would be pretty much normal here like the second half of last year.

Wait until the Indian strain arrives. That better never happens.