Higher, faster, deadlier: Third wave of COVID triggers growing fear in Thailand

webfact

4 minutes ago, Richard Hall said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It ain't my personal interpretation.

Sounds like it to me based on what you said below

"Neither nor. It is just an objective statement. Personal interpretation up to you."

I see deaths rising rapidly again globally, have you taken a look at India yet?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Sounds like it to me based on what you said below

"Neither nor. It is just an objective statement. Personal interpretation up to you."

I see deaths rising rapidly again globally, have you taken a look at India yet?

I just did and I reckon officially 0.0145% of the Indian population has died with or by the virus.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, sambum said:

Could they not be quarantined in their own homes, thereby freeing up beds for more needy cases?

You are so right ,but can you imagine a Thai staying at home for a full two weeks ,they will say I feel OK, I will go out for a bowl of noddles ,or go to the shop(s).

I would say the government knows that ,hence lock them up in a sports centre for two weeks. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Hepatitis has terrible symptoms, you'll certainly know that you're sick. My father had it and went completely yellow. Cancer, you'll know that you've got it because you'll have a lump, pain, or growth on your skin if it's a melanoma. Pancreatic cancer, you'll be doubled over in pain. HIV, you may or may not know that you've got it, but it does give flu-like symptoms when most people first get it. Covid on the other hand, gives no symptoms to many people who have it. It's entirely possible to have it and not have any symptoms at all, but yeah, it's so dangerous that even if you've got it, your chances of recovering are ONLY 99.5%, unlike the conditions you mentioned.

But governments have not shut down economies and destroyed people's livelihoods because of those illnesses. That is the point I am trying to convey. Small business owners have been wiped out by these knee-jerk reactions, suicides are through the roof in many countries, and if you live in Thailand, you probably have at least a few friends who now have pawned everything waiting for this to blow over.

I'm not sure this logic is correct. A simple way to think about this is this thus

If we just let the virus run wild, it will continue to mutate even more and more. There would never be a heard immunity as a) people can be reinfected by the same strain and b) there will be new, worse strains.

Considering that, would you just let it run wild? No lockdowns, ect.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Richard Hall said:

I rather stick to facts than fortune telling. Remind me when Indians mortality rate has officially reached at least 1%.

Here's some facts for you:

Photos show the devastation of the COVID-19 humanitarian crisis in India, where the crematoriums have been burning for so long they have started to melt

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-indias-crematoriums-have-started-to-melt-so-many-bodies-2021-4#only-two-months-ago-india-the-second-most-populated-country-in-the-world-was-reveling-in-its-success-of-reining-in-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-1

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Richard Hall said:

I just did and I reckon officially 0.0145% of the Indian population has died with or by the virus.

Another denier of reality and stuck on deaths he can only see, and not the totality of the situation in regards to the medical issues it has caused and continues to cause called long Covid..

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here's some facts for you:

Photos show the devastation of the COVID-19 humanitarian crisis in India, where the crematoriums have been burning for so long they have started to melt

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-indias-crematoriums-have-started-to-melt-so-many-bodies-2021-4#only-two-months-ago-india-the-second-most-populated-country-in-the-world-was-reveling-in-its-success-of-reining-in-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-1

Nevertheless, the Indian mortality rate is just a mere 0.0145%. It appears that India is a lil short of crematoriums considering a population of about 1.4 billion people.

Think don't feel. There is no Bogeyman although the media always try to sell it to you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Richard Hall said:

Nevertheless, the Indian mortality rate is just a mere 0.0145%. It appears that India is a lil short of crematoriums considering a population of about 1.4 billion people.

Think don't feel. There is no Bogeyman although the media always try to sell it to you.

Yes, a denier you surely are.  Enjoy the view from the cheap seats.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Richard Hall said:

Nope, I am surely not. Stupidity among humankind is undeniable.

Ah god mode.  Very nice to be so insensitive to the number of deaths, and the many funeral pyres as well as the increased deaths we are seeing here.  Are you even in Thailand?

• Haha 2