Where can I check if a Rolex is original?

Genix

On 4/28/2021 at 9:58 PM, tomazbodner said:

I don't see the appeal of a Rolex. If you wear one, everyone thinks it's a fake, If you convince them it's the real thing, they'll chop your hand off and run. What's the benefit? Isn't it better to have some other exclusive brand that fewer people know?

Perhaps it's not about what others think but rather for your own pleasure.

Update regarding the situation... Rolex ADs are not allowed to verify if a Rolex is original and you have to go to the service center and say you want it serviced (if you ask to verify, they won't).

Seller did not want to do that, which was suspicious. Suddenly replies got slower, excuses due to "covid" risk  and store standards, despite wanting to do it a week ago for another watch. Told me to buy it and go to the center right away after to verify, comes with a moneyback guarantee.... SURE LOL, more like a "runaway" guarantee where seller runs with your money.

Went to the AD and bought a new authentic one. 

Edited by Genix

12 hours ago, Genix said:

Update regarding the situation... Rolex ADs are not allowed to verify if a Rolex is original and you have to go to the service center and say you want it serviced (if you ask to verify, they won't).

Seller did not want to do that, which was suspicious. Suddenly replies got slower, excuses due to "covid" risk  and store standards, despite wanting to do it a week ago for another watch. Told me to buy it and go to the center right away after to verify, comes with a moneyback guarantee.... SURE LOL, more like a "runaway" guarantee where seller runs with your money.

As I indicated in my earlier post, if the seller is unwilling to go with you to Watch-Expert or other reliable servicing facility, at your expense, to have the watch authenticated then the alarm bells should start to ring.  The total walk away indicator was his/her suggestion that you should buy the watch and then have it authenticated.  If the watch is fake the chances of you getting your money back would be extremely slim.

You made the right decision to walk away and buy a new one from an AD.  You won't regret it.

I purchased my Rolex Air King 53 years ago in the UK for the princely sum of £47 (equivalent to 1,974 THB at todays Xrate).  Its been on my wrist almost continuously ever since and been serviced about 4 times.  Apart from a few minor scratches through normal wear and tear, its functioning perfectly and only gaining a few seconds per week. 

Air-King-iv.jpg.b201915ce5ff365ec6b0c8a75732b080.jpg

The only down side of owning this wonderful time piece is the cost of the servicing.  The last service I had done was at the Rolex Service Centre on Wireless Road 3 years ago and that cost 34,000 THB.  Unfortunately it stopped working after a few months and then after a warranty repair started gaining time.  Despite going back several times the problem progressively became worse and I was then informed that it was out of warranty and would have to pay to have any further work done on it.  I ended up taking it to Watch-Expert (Central World) who identified/rectified the problem very quickly and only charged a minimal fee.  As I said earlier, its now keeping perfect time for an old watch.

15 hours ago, Genix said:

I think that was the right thing to do.

99% of all Rolexes and other luxury watches in Thailand are fakes. The problem is that some of them nowadays are very good fakes, so some people will check them and certify that they're genuine, but they aren't. They're all fake.

On 4/28/2021 at 7:14 AM, AlfHuy said:

Soi 4.

Ask for Tony.

Is it still the back alley and only cash n carry? ????

I bought a used one and a TAG in Peru long ago---were nice and heavy--$20 each..I actually gave them to my pals as they were too heavy on my wrist...

I did hear that Orig Rolex the second hand SWEEPS--it does NOT TICK.......I would never buy a real rolex as my fake looked the same and was only $20 if lost/stolen

On 4/29/2021 at 5:10 PM, StateSix said:

A grade A replica Rolex Sub is more like US$ 4-500, not Bt 3k, and no Bt 3k replica will not be absolutely perfect.  Any authorised dealer would instantly spot that the watch was not real, especially if they adjusted the strap.  They may have resized it for you, but they certainly wouldn't have been fooled.

Where can one purchase these Grade AAA replicas?

8 hours ago, Bangkok Basha said:

Where can one purchase these Grade AAA replicas?

I am not going to link to actual sellers of replicas here, but there are other forums out there that a RepGeek would find interesting and that discuss the current best replicas and where to buy them.

The sellers are generally in China, but will ship here with no issues.