Marijuana farm in Buriram?

SIL has registered, and looks like we'll be going in together. Anybody know more about the program, type of marijuana etc.

Any farming tips too. I'm sure they know what they're doing, it's in their blood, but I'd like to get my head round what's needed. Ideas about costs etc, water supply, fertilizer.....

It would be about 1 Rai.

• Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

Are you sure about seeds?

Most commercial grows are from female clones, which you can easily produce yourself.

You only need one seed or plant to make thousands of clones.

This is the Thai style way which has nothing to do with overseas cannabis growing.

They also would need additional light to extend the daytime during vegetative growth which they won't unlikely. Alternatively you could use autoflowering strains, which they also don't have as they are most likely using local Thai strains

• Thanks 1

Just now, CLW said:

They also would need additional light to extend the daytime during vegetative growth which they won't unlikely.

That's not entirely accurate, when a female plant gets big enough in Thailand, it will flower no matter what the light conditions. Although sometimes you end up with a plant that's a bit bigger than you really wanted. A friend of mine tried it, started in January, flowered in March, harvested in June.

Auto-flowers are not worthwhile in commercial grows, not a big enough crop.

So a friend tells me.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Sorry to burst your dreams.

You won't get a permission any time soon unless you have the right connections and a lot of money. Haters gonna hate but you have been warned. 

We would have permission. It's through the tambon administration. Not everyone is going to be allowed to do it.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Are you sure about seeds?

Most commercial grows are from female clones, which you can easily produce yourself.

You only need one feminised seed or plant to make thousands of female clones.

Then you don't waste time growing half your crop of male plants.

Seeds, sprouts, plants, something may have been lost in translation along the way there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bermondburi said:

4, definitely. Not expecting anything. Covering costs of outlay would be nice.

It's more of a see what happens thing really. Not every day you get the chance.

so why get involved in growing weed?  one miss step and you have many legal problems. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

so why get involved in growing weed?  one miss step and you have many legal problems. 

Why not get involved. I do believe in the benefits of it and it does interest me. 

I would not be involved at all so the legal aspects don't worry me. And it would be legal anyway.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That's not entirely accurate, when a female plant gets big enough in Thailand, it will flower no matter what the light conditions. Although sometimes you end up with a plant that's a bit bigger than you really wanted. A friend of mine tried it, started in January, flowered in March, harvested in June.

So a friend tells me.

Auto flowers are <deleted> outdoors, unless you are growing in England

2 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

Is this marijuna as in a recreational drug or do you plan on other uses?

If for recreation, is marijuana legal in Thailand?

The grower has to partner with a local medical facility that will buy the flowers, and the remaining now legal parts of the plant can be done whatever with.

So a friend tells me.

That is correct. But you'll end up with 2m+ plants that have more leaves than flowers.

Autoflowering are only for hobbyists, right.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

We would have permission. It's through the tambon administration. Not everyone is going to be allowed to do it.

Possibly a tad different since you're in Buriram province but another province not going to happen anytime soon.

I have Thai friends (farmers and non-farmers) trying to get a cannabis license, hopeless so far.

They'll send you from authority to authority and no one wants to make a decision.

Adding to that you'll constantly have to phone after them about the status of your application, well Thai officialdom at its best....

1 hour ago, CLW said:

That is correct. But you'll end up with 2m+ plants that have more leaves than flowers.

Autoflowering are only for hobbyists, right.

It was a bit leafy, but it still cropped a lot more flower than the autos my friend also tried.

Not to mention you can't clone autos, so they work out extraordinarily expensive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Disillusioned One said:

Did I miss something, I thought you were only allowed to grow six plants?

That's what I thought. I asked my wife and she said no. All details are yet to come out. I only found out about this a couple of days ago. I'm just trying to find out about the program really.

• Like 1

How about security, i guess just a normal barbwire fence will not do it. have see'n a video about growing it in the north of thailand, the farm looked like fort knox. mega investment. let us know how it goes after the next meeting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, huuwi said:

How about security, i guess just a normal barbwire fence will not do it. have see'n a video about growing it in the north of thailand, the farm looked like fort knox. mega investment. let us know how it goes after the next meeting.

That's why I said not feasible for the small village farmers. That's the intention behind all this scheme. Only the big companies shall profit at the end.

Other is just propaganda to keep the masses quiet.

On 4/29/2021 at 11:16 AM, bermondburi said:

1, it's secure enough. People living there all the time. The Rai is right next to a house we have there.

2, from a well. It's reliable. In 15 years I've never known it go dry.

3, agreed. Husband of SIL is assistant to the village head so access to seedlings comes through that. So no choice in this situation, which leads in to 4.

4, definitely. Not expecting anything. Covering costs of outlay would be nice.

It's more of a see what happens thing really. Not every day you get the chance.

See what happens. Will update. Seed distribution was supposed to be this month but has been postponed due to Corona. 

Corona... Beer??? ???? Seems taking on a "Weed Job" gets ya Dry and Hungry... Have

plenty Beer and Brownies on hand... ???????????????? expect a Visitor or two ????

The security requirements are very strict & expensive.

Form a Company & have an Army General, a Police Commissioner or a highly qualified Doctor  as a shareholder to even think about obtaining a license

• Like 1
  • Haha 1