Thai Visa Forum

Covid 19 vaccinations - shameful response by UK Government

It does make you wonder if the UK government think the Thai Government Vaccine program is good enough for UK citizens, then why are the UK embassy giving vaccine to their Thai staff?

Given that the government has now said that foreigners are at the back of the queue for vaccines (plus the government has only ordered enough vaccines for half the Thai population), and that private hospitals are being blocked from ordering vaccines, and that the British Embassy is doing nothing to help British citizens living here (well, apart from its own staff), what does the Embassy expect us to do (possibly other than die a horrible death)?

On 5/2/2021 at 1:13 PM, sungod said:

It does make you wonder if the UK government think the Thai Government Vaccine program is good enough for UK citizens, then why are the UK embassy giving vaccine to their Thai staff?

I would have thought the more pertinent question is - why, if the British government thinks that the Thailand vaccine rollout is acceptable for resident British citizens, does it feel it necessary the local arrangements are not acceptable for them, ie by vaccinating its  staff with imported products.

To be honest I don't really have a problem with this.But it would be better if this hypocrisy was admitted openly.And in view of the 'can't really be bothered attitude" which many have noted, it's hard not to be unimpressed.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, jayboy said:

I would have thought the more pertinent question is - why, if the British government thinks that the Thailand vaccine rollout is acceptable for resident British citizens, does it feel it necessary the local arrangements are not acceptable for them, ie by vaccinating its  staff with imported products.

To be honest I don't really have a problem with this.But it would be better if this hypocrisy was admitted openly.And in view of the 'can't really be bothered attitude" which many have noted, it's hard not to be unimpressed.

The lack of response on here by the BE speaks volumes.

• Like 1