Watchmaker required

YorkshireTyke

I need a part for my old Rolex Submariner. I will be in Bkk early May to renew my passport, any watch enthusiasts out there know where to go?

I've read the recent thread on how to tell if a Rolex is fake so I don't need the same idiot answers and AD's do not carry the part I require, I've already asked.

9 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Deputy PM probably knows someone ????

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

OP you need to pop over to government house, there is a short chubby chap, who is an expert on pricey watches.????

Mmmm, seems some idiots cannot read.......................or nothing better to do.

• Like 1

Which movement does your watch have? Calibre 1030? 1560? 2484? 3035? And which part are you after?

Not sure where to get them in Thailand but parts as well as whole movement (genuine one) is available from international sellers between 1500-3000$ for whole movement, and 50$ up for bits and pieces, depending on model (plus shipping and import duties).

Edited by tomazbodner
added sentence for clarifying pricing
  • Like 1

Tomaz

It's a 3035 from a sub 168000, and it's the pallet fork, 5016 part number. I bought a used one from Ebay which I have been waiting for but when it finally arrived it didn't fit, too big, so obviously not the part number he said.. A couple of watchmakers here (Hua Hin) have said a new one will be c5000-6000 and they could order from BKK but I would rather have it fitted by the person who sells me it to make sure it's a correct fit and I will be in BKK in early May.

20 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Tomaz

It's a 3035 from a sub 168000, and it's the pallet fork, 5016 part number. I bought a used one from Ebay which I have been waiting for but when it finally arrived it didn't fit, too big, so obviously not the part number he said.. A couple of watchmakers here (Hua Hin) have said a new one will be c5000-6000 and they could order from BKK but I would rather have it fitted by the person who sells me it to make sure it's a correct fit and I will be in BKK in early May.

Probably a good idea to have it properly fitted. I assume you ordered this one which didn't fit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293983551710?hash=item4472c900de:g:HqQAAOSwOPhgHF5k

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Probably a good idea to have it properly fitted. I assume you ordered this one which didn't fit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293983551710?hash=item4472c900de:g:HqQAAOSwOPhgHF5k

No, it was a used item from the UK, the listing finished a few weeks ago, but stated it was from a 3035 cal. I was having it fitted by a watchmaker here in HH that I know.

Called an official Rolex distributor friend in Croatia on whether he could help. Normally it was in stock, but right now this particular part is sold out. I am expecting a call when it's back in stock, but this may take a while since there are major delays in shipping lately, hence time can't be estimated. Got photos of the part that's usually in stock. Is this it?

image.thumb.png.0bfa4ee50094adaa63a7e4b672c52421.png

image.thumb.png.4b79c4e012f35cc3b91be3bb821b1e18.png

Normal selling price is about 150 Eur.

Edited by tomazbodner
Edited my awful English grammar a little
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Called an official Rolex distributor friend in Croatia on whether he could help. He said normally he had it in stock but right now he's out on this particular part. He will let me know if it's back in stock, but it may take a while since there are major delays in shipping lately, so he can't estimate the time. He sent me the photos of the part that's usually in stock. Is this it?

image.thumb.png.0bfa4ee50094adaa63a7e4b672c52421.png

image.thumb.png.4b79c4e012f35cc3b91be3bb821b1e18.png

Normal price he's selling for is about 150 Eur.

Thanks Tomaz, that's about the price quoted here so I want to try to source in BKK if I can. And yes, there is now an embargo on some overseas post so who knows how long anything will take.

1 minute ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Thanks Tomaz, that's about the price quoted here so I want to try to source in BKK if I can. And yes, there is now an embargo on some overseas post so who knows how long anything will take.

Wish I could help. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in this business here. Apologies. Hopefully someone else in here has some good contact.

• Like 1

Hi , Don’t see an e-mail address on my receipt ,checked also rolex.com ,  no e-mail there either. But pretty sure they can help with the part that you are looking for , as that is all they do is repair & Service rolex watches , they are not a retailer.

Another good source of information is rolexforums.com

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

Hi , Don’t see an e-mail address on my receipt ,checked also rolex.com ,  no e-mail there either. But pretty sure they can help with the part that you are looking for , as that is all they do is repair & Service rolex watches , they are not a retailer.

Another good source of information is rolexforums.com

Thanks, I will make enquiries as I will only be in BKK for 2 working days I think. I have a few other sources to check also.

OP.... As you have discovered, the Rolex authorised dealers here in Bangkok only sell new watches and they do not carry any spares or undertake any service work.  They send all service work to the main service centre located on Wireless Road.

For some strange reason the main service centre only advertises their phone numbers, even on their receipts.  When I had my Air King serviced by them a few years back they sent me an email quote and subsequently a confirmation that the watch was ready for collection.  I just looked up the email address and it appears to be the name of the receptionist @rolex.com   I'm not sure given the passing of time that the person may or may not still be working there.  If you want the full email address to try PM me and I will let you have it.

FYI.... Their phone number is 02 650 9118.... the people there speak very good English so you may get some assistance with a phone call.

As an alternative I would recommend Watch-Expert who have several shops mainly based in the malls in Bangkok.  I have used the one located in Central World and have to say they were very helpful and gave excellent service.  Their website is 

https://www.expert-watch.com   Again, for some strange unknown reason they don't have an email address (Line address and phone numbers only).  Again, my dealings with them by phone in English were helpful and positive.

FYI.... Both the Rolex main service centre on Wireless Road and Expert-Watch shop in Central World can easily be reached by BTS.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2