Expats in Thailand to receive COVID-19 vaccinations free of charge

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, Tax Payer Thailand said:

I would never never have the China vaccine or the vaccine made in Thailand. I would  have the Russian vaccine or the vaccines from the USA.

It has been reported that the Russian vaccine is very effective and that (Thailand have ordered some?)

oh look, new poster, recommending vaccines from Russia

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

Anyone taking bets on how long before the czar contradicts / reverses this?

Sorry, but until I get a needle in my arm (twice) I'm not believing anything that comes out of this government.

And I won't take anything from Russia or China

• Like 2

“All people who reside in Thailand, regardless of nationality, are eligible to receive the vaccine under the plan,” Mr Natapanu said.

Full details of exactly when foreigners in Thailand will begin to receive the vaccination will be announced as soon as they are available, Mr Natapanu added.

IM SORRY.  AM I MISSING SOMETHING?  WHERE DOES IT SAY IT WILL BE FREE?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pib said:

My Thai wife's Thai ID card number starts with a 3......my Pink ID card/Yellow Book number starts with a 6.  Easy for the govt to focus on selected individuals by using the Thai ID national database which also includes a person birthdate which allows them to determine a person age. 

I have it on good authority from a senior hospital administrator that the over 60's (Thais, Migrants and foreigners) are not included in the initial stages of the vaccination program.

The AZ vaccine being currently the most available is not recommended for those 60 and above.

The over 60's will be given the Pfizer jab at a later date when stock is sufficient.

You may recall, Prayut was supposed to be the first to be vaccinated in Thailand, but this was delayed and Anutin received the first vaccination. This is because Prayut is over 60 and they realised the AZ vaccine wasn't recommended for his age group, hence the younger Anutin received the AZ jab and Prayut received the Pfizer jab a few days later.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

“All people who reside in Thailand, regardless of nationality, are eligible to receive the vaccine under the plan,” Mr Natapanu said.

Full details of exactly when foreigners in Thailand will begin to receive the vaccination will be announced as soon as they are available, Mr Natapanu added.

IM SORRY.  AM I MISSING SOMETHING?  WHERE DOES IT SAY IT WILL BE FREE?

If you need to pay they would have stated the price I guess? 

1 minute ago, huangnon said:

No long term studies, no animal testing. The miracle vaccines aren't even a vaccine as such. Patent applied as an experimental  "gene therapy' that produces a "messenger" spike protein against Covid-19.  -Authorised for "emergency use" due to the pandemic..

I am not rushing to the front of any queue for this, thanks. The "experimental" tag expires in 2023, btw.

So what's your solution? Play the number game, wait it out til everyone gets infected and see if you are still standing then? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I have it on good authority from a senior hospital administrator that the over 60's (Thais, Migrants and foreigners) are not included in the initial stages of the vaccination program.

The AZ vaccine being currently the most available is not recommended for those 60 and above.

The over 60's will be given the Pfizer jab at a later date when stock is sufficient.

You may recall, Prayut was supposed to be the first to be vaccinated in Thailand, but this was delayed and Anutin received the first vaccination. This is because Prayut is over 60 and they realised the AZ vaccine wasn't recommended for his age group, hence the younger Anutin received the AZ jab and Prayut received the Pfizer jab a few days later.

Prayut had AstraZeneca according to this article:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/03/16/prayut-gets-astrazeneca-jab-1-asian-country-suspends/

Sinovac is not approved in Thailand for those 60 and older, AstraZeneca is.  Thailand has received Sinovac from China and AstraZenica from Europe.  The plan is to produce AstraZeneca locally in Thailand.  I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that Pfizer vaccine is in Thailand.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Prayut received AZ and Anutin received Sinovac, there's is insufficient data for the Sinovac to give to the over 60's.

AZ is administered to all ages when it arrives in June bar ofcourse children although now they seem to only be giving it to over 60's because of lack of supplies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lks7689 said:

So what's your solution? Play the number game, wait it out til everyone gets infected and see if you are still standing then? 

Why project your own fears onto others........ you want to take the jab go ahead and take it, with your line of thinking it shouldn't matter if others don't take it, you are protected right?........

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

So this news story isn't real then?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215456-registrations-for-vaccinations-start-may-1st/

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health will begin registering Thais for COVID-19 vaccination, starting with those over 60 years of age and with chronic illnesseses. Registration will be via the Mor Prom LINE account this May 1st, with an estimated 16 million people eligible.

15 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Prayut got the AZ  vaccine.

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Sweede said:

Very good news! The only way to put an end to all this misery is to get everyone vaccinated.

I will take it as soon as it is given to me.

Many who have been vaccinated are STILL getting the virus. No guarantees.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, howbri said:

Many who have been vaccinated are STILL getting the virus. No guarantees.

and many are dying, why is social media working so hard to censor this fact........ Use critical thinking and do the research.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, aussie11950 said:

Great. Now it's clear.

No, its not at all clear.  What does 'resident mean?  Does it mean working and paying tax, or permanent resident,  does it exclude all those on visa extensions? I will wait and see, but I bet its not as simple as it sounds.  

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, huangnon said:

No long term studies, no animal testing. The miracle vaccines aren't even a vaccine as such. Patent applied as an experimental  "gene therapy' that produces a "messenger" spike protein against Covid-19.  -Authorised for "emergency use" due to the pandemic..

I am not rushing to the front of any queue for this, thanks. The "experimental" tag expires in 2023, btw.

This is false information. Be careful what you cut and paste.

mRNA vaccines are not gene therapy and their mRNA never gets close to your genes.

Forbes:  Covid-19 mRNA Vaccines Are Not ‘Gene Therapy,’ As Some Are Claiming

Reuters: Fact check: Genetic materials from mRNA vaccines do not multiply in your body forever

COVID-19 vaccine ‘gene therapy’ suggestion diagnosed as false

The COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in Australia do not constitute “gene therapy” as they do not alter humans’ genetic code, experts say. The false claim echoes misinformation, previously debunked by AAP FactCheck, that mRNA vaccines can change people’s DNA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

This is false information. Be careful what you cut and paste.

mRNA vaccines are not gene therapy and their mRNA never gets close to your genes.

Forbes:  Covid-19 mRNA Vaccines Are Not ‘Gene Therapy,’ As Some Are Claiming

Reuters: Fact check: Genetic materials from mRNA vaccines do not multiply in your body forever

COVID-19 vaccine ‘gene therapy’ suggestion diagnosed as false

The COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in Australia do not constitute “gene therapy” as they do not alter humans’ genetic code, experts say. The false claim echoes misinformation, previously debunked by AAP FactCheck, that mRNA vaccines can change people’s DNA.

You would be wise to follow your own advise...... "Be careful what you cut and paste. "

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Anyone in the medical fraternity suggesting this has been de-platformed, censored, and / or sacked. Suggesting that something is being covered up.  By the same parameters and useless mainstream media parroting the same story, something like Thalidomide would have been hushed up, and reports of babies being born without limbs would be dismissed as a tinfoil hat "conspiracy theory".

Your body, your choice. It's my choice to wait and see the long term effects of this "gene therapy" vaccine.

Get back in your bunker............

Myth: The mRNA vaccines change your DNA

Truth: None of the vaccines interact with or alter your DNA in any way, and therefore cannot cause cancer.

Messenger RNA (mRNA) is not the same as DNA and cannot be combined with DNA to change your genetic code.

The mRNA never even goes into the nucleus of the cell — the part that contains your DNA.

https://www.mskcc.org/coronavirus/myths-about-covid-19-vaccines

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jomtienisgood said:

Is that stamped in your Passport??

Interesting.......  Immigrant from where i wonder ?   Nothing nasty in the question, just interested as the flag of St Andrew and the flag of Thailand is a strange mix....... Not too many Scots would do that ....