Expats in Thailand to receive COVID-19 vaccinations free of charge

Jonathan Fairfield

So I don't have a pink ID card and never worked in Thailand so I, other than the Immigration Department, am in no 'system' and therefore assume I need to register somewhere sometime. I am 66 and very much in the 'vulnerable' group.

The village poo yai tannoyed a few weeks ago for Thai only to register at the local health centre over a 2 day period.

I have registered by survey with Bumrungrad Hospital, and so I am pretty sure private hospitals will be my only route, if they ever get permission from this government.

Any other options or just wait (a long time) for developments?

1 minute ago, Antonymous said:

Meanwhile large numbers of adverse reactions including deaths are being reported already. See my post on page 6 of this thread for example concerning AZN vaccine adverse reactions and deaths recorded by the UK Govt.

It is perfectly sensible to be cautious and within everybody’s rights to delay a decision to take any of these vaccines until a much later date.

Large numbers???

And if we all take the selfish route and delay.....no one gets vaccinated.......virus runs riot.......you sound like a real keeper.

8 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Meanwhile large numbers of adverse reactions including deaths are being reported already. See my post on page 6 of this thread for example concerning AZN vaccine adverse reactions and deaths recorded by the UK Govt.

So one person in 10 million said they got a "wobbly tooth"! Thats an adverse reaction right?

You've obviously ignored the facts to the UK gov report and again promoting falsely as adverse reactions:

This is NOT reported reactions to the vaccine, it clearly says:  "All UK spontaneous reports" a big difference.

I notice this includes even "toothache", a "dry lip".....LOL, a "warm arm" at administration site. It is also not linking these reactions to the vaccine.

You really shouldn't mislead people into thinking this lists all reactions to the vaccine, its just not true.

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Get back in your bunker............

Myth: The mRNA vaccines change your DNA

Truth: None of the vaccines interact with or alter your DNA in any way, and therefore cannot cause cancer.

Messenger RNA (mRNA) is not the same as DNA and cannot be combined with DNA to change your genetic code.

The mRNA never even goes into the nucleus of the cell — the part that contains your DNA.

https://www.mskcc.org/coronavirus/myths-about-covid-19-vaccines

Ah, the ubiquitous "fact checker". Lots of them on the internet now. ???? All debate on the issue must cease, obviously.

I am erring on the side of caution, right now. But it's great that so many people are willing to offer themselves as experimental subjects, and give those mice, guinea pigs and monkeys a break. Let us know how you are faring a couple of years from now, please?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

All people who reside in Thailand, regardless of nationality, are eligible to receive the vaccine under the plan,” Mr Natapanu said.

????????????

It seems they just don't want the top vaccines become available at private hospitals since many Thai are not interested in Chinese vaccine and they pay rather than receiving a free one.  

• Like 1

Just now, huangnon said:

Ah, the ubiquitous "fact checker". Lots of them on the internet now. ???? All debate on the issue must cease, obviously.

I am erring on the side of caution, right now. But it's great that so many people are willing to offer themselves as experimental subjects, and give those mice, guinea pigs and monkeys a break. Let us know how you are faring a couple of years from now, please?

If you want to err on the side of caution then go ahead, nobodies stopping you from doing that. However you are deliberately spreading false information.

27 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

"Eligible" doesn't mean free or have I missed something?

Dead on.  All this applauding is way too soon. The Thai government is just not that open/honest/straight dealing, in giving reliable information when it comes to the treatment of expats. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Susco said:

So this news story isn't real then?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215456-registrations-for-vaccinations-start-may-1st/

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health will begin registering Thais for COVID-19 vaccination, starting with those over 60 years of age and with chronic illnesseses. Registration will be via the Mor Prom LINE account this May 1st, with an estimated 16 million people eligible.

I'll take the word from a practicing hospital administering the vaccines over any news reports or politicians word. If the above were true, it seems strange that my wife, under 60 has been offered the first dose, whilst her Mother 70+ has not. TIT.

43 minutes ago, Susco said:

Prayut got the AZ  vaccine.

That's what the news reported.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

All foreigners in Thailand will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination,

20 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

It's RESIDENTS ONLY.  If you do not possess a Thai ID, you are not eligible. 

Please excuse my ignorance, but why should a foreigner have to possess a Thai ID card? I lived in Thailand for almost 20 years and I never had to have such an ID card - my UK passport was my ID and I often had to show it. I also had a Thai Driving License which was sometimes accepted as an ID. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ericdiam said:

Will be the AZ produced by Siam bioscience which I not much trust. And AZ has only 63% protection and is less effective even with the new variants, UK included. 

That's untrue. The 63% figure was from the interim data related to just one arm of the phase 3 trials.

Real world data collected since mass vaccination started in various countries has shown it to have much higher efficacy, including showing it to be effective against most variants, including the UK and Indian variants.

In India, for example where 150 million doses of the vaccine have been given out (almost exclusively the AstraZeneca vaccine) and where the UK and Indian variants predominate, the infection rate for people having been vaccinated is between 0.02% and 0.04%.

See info on the link below (and a graphic showing the data and the link).

http://www.icmr.gov.in

Screenshot_2021_0430_115657.png

• Like 2

It's RESIDENTS ONLY.  If you do not possess a Thai ID, you are not eligible.  You can only go the private route, which at the moment the hospitals have yet to receive any stocks of vaccine. 

Who says? 

• Like 2

It's RESIDENTS ONLY.  If you do not possess a Thai ID, you are not eligible.  You can only go the private route, which at the moment the hospitals have yet to receive any stocks of vaccine.  

It's    Reside Meaning 

Reside means to dwell permanently or continuously. It expresses an idea that a person keeps or returns to a particular dwelling place as his fixed, settled, or legal abode. The plain meaning of reside implies a continuous arrangement. 

If someone resides somewhere, they live there or are staying there.

[formal]

Margaret resides with her invalid mother in a London suburb. [VERB preposition/adverb]

All single full-time students must reside in university residence halls. [VERB preposition/adverb]

Synonyms: live, lodge, dwell [formal, literary], have your home   More Synonyms of reside

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, huangnon said:

I see no value for fence sitters like you being around. You neither offer a solution nor take the plunge together to try to eradicate the virus, while sneering at others who does so. Like it or not, the virus will reach you and those around you one day, and it will be what you do( or did not)that decide your survival.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So one person in 10 million said they got a "wobbly tooth"! Thats an adverse reaction right?

You've obviously ignored the facts to the UK gov report and again promoting falsely as adverse reactions:

This is NOT reported reactions to the vaccine, it clearly says:  "All UK spontaneous reports" a big difference.

I notice this includes even "toothache", a "dry lip".....LOL, a "warm arm" at administration site. It is also not linking these reactions to the vaccine.

You really shouldn't mislead people into thinking this lists all reactions to the vaccine, its just not true.

You are deliberately misrepresenting the value of these reports to people who want to study the facts and you are cherry picking one laughable (to you) example of a reaction to the drug. Everyone who is considering taking any drug or vaccine should at the least study likely side effects before making a more informed decision on the choice of drug/vaccine, or not to take it at all.

Anyone reading this thread and considering the 'free' vaccine can click through the reports and should be able to make their own decision, without someone like you belittling their behaviour.

According to the data analysed and presented in the UK Govt report and I quote:

"All UK spontaneous reports received (4 Jan 2021 to 21 April 21) for Covid-19 vaccine Oxford University/Astrazeneca....

"Total reactions from the drug 573,650. Total fatal outcomes 685".

I gave the link to this on page 6 of this thread.

And for comparison in another report:

"All UK spontaneous reports received (9 Dec 2020 to 21 April 21) for Covid-19 mRNA Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine....

"Total reactions from the drug 149,082. Total fatal outcomes 347".

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/982474/Covid-19_mRNA_Pfizer_BioNTech_vaccine_analysis_print2.pdf

Edited by Antonymous
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I'll take the word from a practicing hospital administering the vaccines over any news reports or politicians word. If the above were true, it seems strange that my wife, under 60 has been offered the first dose, whilst her Mother 70+ has not. TIT.

That's what the news reported.

Sorry, you are very confused on this issue.  Sinovac is not approved in Thailand for administration to those 60 and over.  AstraZeneca is.  Right now most of the available supply is Sinovac.  Therefore, those 60 and over are not generally being vaccinated, especially not with the Sinovac vaccine.  Those under 60 are being offered the Sinovac.  Pfizer is not even approved by the Thai FDA to be used in Thailand.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Residents with yellow book and pink card ID? 

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Sinovac is not approved in Thailand for those 60 and older, AstraZeneca is.  Thailand has received Sinovac from China and AstraZenica from Europe.  The plan is to produce AstraZeneca locally in Thailand.  I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that Pfizer vaccine is in Thailand.

Thailand aims to secure 5-10 million Pfizer vaccines | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

I believe they are to try and precure a further 30 million doses of Pfizer.

IMO Well done Thailand..... sounds like they’ve made improvements internally and pushing forward to get 

back on track... 

one thing dont know how hard the heads will spend.. blah blah we have pay for it.. then we don’t.. Have a Great Weekend Fellas.. 

Do be aware that only being offered to Thais 60 and under. The complete opposite to the rest of the world. Clearly oldies have no value in Thailand. I don't imagine they will offer it to 60+ foreigners either.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Thailand aims to secure 5-10 million Pfizer vaccines | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

I believe they are to try and precure a further 30 million doses of Pfizer.

Aims to secure is quite different than saying anyone in Thailand has been injected with the Pfizer vaccine.

You have said that Prayut was injected with the Pfizer vaccine.  That's just wrong.  It was AstraZeneca as reported in the media.

I have seen no credible reports that Pfizer vaccine is present in Thailand.  If it were present in Thailand it has not been approved by the Thai FDA to be administered in Thailand.  Wanting is not the same as having.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Utterly nonsense!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

That’s as may be. The fact remains however that these vaccines are experimental.

The National Institute of Health clinical trials website lists studies with a start date, estimated primary completion date and estimated secondary completion date. 

For the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine, for example, the primary completion date is October 2021, and the estimated study completion date is April 2023. 

Many of the secondary outcome measures involve examining or measuring samples from participants up to two years after their final vaccine. The completion date therefore has to be a few years in the future and data on long term protection and safety will continue to be collected over the coming years.

It is perfectly sensible to be cautious and within everybody’s rights to delay a decision to take any of these vaccines until a much later date.

555 !!!!!!!!!