Expats in Thailand to receive COVID-19 vaccinations free of charge

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, glegolo said:

All foreigners in Thailand will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, it was announced at the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) briefing on Thursday.

According to Natapanu Nopakun, Deputy Spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, foreigners are included in Thailand’s mass vaccination plans.

“All people who reside in Thailand, regardless of nationality, are eligible to receive the vaccine under the plan,” Mr Natapanu said.

Unquote

I can NOT see in the above text that falang gets the shot for free.... I can however see that we will get it, and that is good.

But knowing how thai and many other peoples brain is working, I am NOT trusting anything until I see this written in stone for all to see.

I am convienced that Thailand will find a way to debit us falang for the Covid-19 shot...

glegolo

I share the exact sentiment, it’s super hard to believe these people ????????‍♂️

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 3:17 PM, Neeranam said:

Good on you Thailand. 

I was tired if reading all the Thai bashing paranoid foreigners' posts. 

Good on you Thailand ..

Chinese vaccine ? 

No way ...

However that said , test it on illegal  overstayers ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My Thai partner was able to register me on the Line app using my pink id card with the number beginning with '6' but I was not able to book a vaccine date.  Every date I tried thru August did not work.  Has anyone else encountered this same problem?  Thanks.  

I made an appointment today as a Thai citizen but several friends who are either PRs or at least have yellow tabien baans have managed to register and book appointments today which is fantastic news.

• Like 1

Used the Mor Prom App on Line tonight and registered myself using my Pink ID card, you do need one or else it will not let you register as it needs that field completed.  It does also ask you to select a category which you fit into for needing the vaccine ie...Medical Person, Covid control person, Seniors 60+, Persons with underlying diseases (7 types) and I believe 1 other.  Since I have diabetes I fit into the 7 types of diseases category.  It then also asks you for your hospital.  It timed out on me twice, so a bit frustrating.  In the end I got the completed screen. It said I would be contacted for an appointment, maybe because I am under 60, but a diabetic.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Here's possibly a bit of information.  I registered on the Line app and tried to book an appointment with Pattaya International Hospital and when that did not work I tried Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.  With both, no available dates showed up and when I randomly chose dates they didn't work.  I then selected a public hospital and dates to choose came up.  I was able to select a date and time in June.  This leads me to think that the private hospitals may not be in the system yet even though they are listed on the app.  

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 12:10 PM, LawrenceN said:

...Registration starts May 1 at your local (tambol) health clinic, at certain hospitals, and to a LINE account called หมอพร้อม (MawPrawm = "Dr. Ready"). Sorry for the forbidden Thai text, but I figure people can cut'n'paste it into LINE to find it...

You did the right thing by giving the LINE account name หมอพร้อม in Thai because none of the many different transliteration/transcription/Romanisation methods used on ThaiVisa would help to add this account im my or anybody else’s LINE app.

The only other alternative I know to using the Thai name you have given would be to use the QR code. Another member, Peterw42, has kindly posted this code here in another topic:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215615-as-vaccination-booking-opens-in-thailand-who-can-get-jabs-and-how/page/2/?tab=comments#elControls_16433417_menu

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, newnative said:

Here's possibly a bit of information.  I registered on the Line app and tried to book an appointment with Pattaya International Hospital and when that did not work I tried Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.  With both, no available dates showed up and when I randomly chose dates they didn't work.  I then selected a public hospital and dates to choose came up.  I was able to select a date and time in June.  This leads me to think that the private hospitals may not be in the system yet even though they are listed on the app.  

Might be the case, as I chose BNH hospital which is where I am registered at, and never had any dates show up, just the message saying successful registration and I would be contacted.  Wish it was in English.  My Thai reading skills really suck when I am pushed for time to read through something before it times out. 

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Might be the case, as I chose BNH hospital which is where I am registered at, and never had any dates show up, just the message saying successful registration and I would be contacted.  Wish it was in English.  My Thai reading skills really suck when I am pushed for time to read through something before it times out. 

I had to have my Thai partner do the registration for me.  If you want to try to get an early date for a vaccine you might try one of the public hospitals.  I was able to book June 16.  Possibly BNH might be able to tell you when you will be able to book with them thru the app. If nobody is able to book dates with the private hospitals yet they might also have June bookings once they are working.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Russell17au said:

"to a LINE account called หมอพร้อม (MawPrawm = "Dr. Ready")." This is not the correct translation. The correct LINE account is "Mor Prom"...

I was unable to find Mor Prom on my LINE app, but หมอพร้อม did the trick.

Were you able to do it by using Mor Prom?

On 4/30/2021 at 12:13 PM, LawrenceN said:

Source?  Or is it conjecture? 

In this topic, several Thaivisa members posted that they successfully used the LINE app to register for the Covid-19 vaccination.

20 minutes ago, newnative said:

I had to have my Thai partner do the registration for me.  If you want to try to get an early date for a vaccine you might try one of the public hospitals.  I was able to book June 16.  Possibly BNH might be able to tell you when you will be able to book with them thru the app. If nobody is able to book dates with the private hospitals yet they might also have June bookings once they are working.  

I have an appointment with my endocrinologist in 2 weeks at BNH,  I will check then.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

No line account comes up with Dr Ready in Thai, maybe tomorrow? oh it does come up as an app on playstore, with a 2.8 rating!

As  LawrenceN posted, the LINE account name is หมอพร้อม

41 minutes ago, Puccini said:
22 hours ago, Russell17au said:

"to a LINE account called หมอพร้อม (MawPrawm = "Dr. Ready")." This is not the correct translation. The correct LINE account is "Mor Prom"...

I was unable to find Mor Prom on my LINE app, but หมอพร้อม did the trick.

Were you able to do it by using Mor Prom?

Mohpromt - is the App (in the Thai App store) on which you can also register / apply for the vaccination.

Its all in Thai of course (like the Line App) - but it seems more stable than the Line App.

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Mohpromt - is the App (in the Thai App store) on which you can also register / apply for the vaccination...

Can you give a link to the Thai App store? I cannot find it.

On 4/30/2021 at 7:46 AM, Neeranam said:

Residents should learn the language. It's amazing the benefits you miss out on if you don't. 

Interesting,

Genuinely curious, what benefits are there to learning advanced Thai?

I am at intermediate level, speaking and reading. 

I just don't see any reason to continue

On 4/29/2021 at 8:32 PM, Cake Monster said:

Whilst this is good news, the proof of this article will be when needles actually start to go into Foreign Arms. FOC of anything.

Astra vaccine has been suspended indefinitely by Denmark. 

Many other countries only recomend the vaccine for those 60 +. 

France is taking legal action against Astra over transperency issues and a young person's death. 

It seems India will produce it and dish it out regardless of any controversy over some of the serious side effects reported. 

Thailand says they will produce Astra vaccine and dish it out later this year, by the sounds of it people will have no choice of which vaccine they can receive. 

Astra looking like the vaccine for third world countries. 

The whole mass vaccination of the world population now looking quite bezzare. 

On 4/30/2021 at 6:16 PM, Jingthing said:

I never said first. Stop lying.

My words.

"There would be something wrong if they addressed foreigners before dealing with Thai nationals."

Your response

"Why shouldn't high risk expats be on the same schedule as high risk Thais?"

Fairly obvious from that response that you believe expats should be prioritised over Thai nationals.

It is against the rules to manipulate context and falsely accuse people of lying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, newnative said:

My Thai partner was able to register me on the Line app using my pink id card with the number beginning with '6' but I was not able to book a vaccine date.  Every date I tried thru August did not work.  Has anyone else encountered this same problem?  Thanks.  

Yes. My wife experienced problems at different times of the day, she persevered and got there in the end.

I got the 7th June and her sister an hour later got the 14th, probably down to high traffic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

My words.

"There would be something wrong if they addressed foreigners before dealing with Thai nationals."

Your response

"Why shouldn't high risk expats be on the same schedule as high risk Thais?"

Fairly obvious from that response that you believe expats should be prioritised over Thai nationals.

It is against the rules to manipulate context and falsely accuse people of lying.

You do love to twist words.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Yes. My wife experienced problems at different times of the day, she persevered and got there in the end.

I got the 7th June and her sister an hour later got the 14th, probably down to high traffic.

I was able to book a date when I selected a government hospital from the list.  The 2 private hospitals I tried that were on the list did not work.  Perhaps they are not yet activated even though they are listed.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

When my number was put in my name appeared straight away with the message saying I was eligible and to book appointment. My details had been uploaded by the hospital.

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

When my number was put in my name appeared straight away with the message saying I was eligible and to book appointment. My details had been uploaded by the hospital.

That's nice. Your probably over 60.  I had to enter my data because I am only 56, but I had to pick from the drop down category why I would qualify,  and of course that's having one of the 7 medical issues. Are you registered at a government hospital by chance already.  I am registered at a private hospital and therefore all of my info might not be in the government system, but then who knows.

Edited by ThailandRyan

4 minutes ago, newnative said:

I was able to book a date when I selected a government hospital from the list.  The 2 private hospitals I tried that were on the list did not work.  Perhaps they are not yet activated even though they are listed.  

Valid comment and possibly listed if being selective.

I know someone that was vaccinated at a private hospital but she was Thai, over 70 and got AZ, but not arranged through the app, done locally.

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's nice. Probably over 60.  I had to enter my data because I am only 56, but I had to pick from the drop down category why I would qualify,  and of course that's having one of the 7 medical issues. Are you registered at a government hospital by chance already.  I am registered at a private hospital and therefore all of my info might not be in the government system, but then who knows.

Yes I am registered at 4 government hospitals with Thai ID, it would have been the one where I have ongoing treatment for a heart condition that would have provided the details.

• Thanks 1