Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Can You Recommend a Good Eye Doctor in Pattaya?


Recommended Posts

Over the years in Pattaya, I have been to the International hospital, the government hospital on Soi Buakhao, and Bangkok Pattaya on Sukhumvit for various ailments.

 

I know some consider Bangkok Pattaya to be the "best" hospital in Pattaya. 

 

However, the last eye doctor I saw at BKK Pattaya didn't make me feel at ease at all, and his diagnosis seemed dubious. 

 

Can anybody recommend a good eye doctor at one of these hospitals?

 

Thanks :)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For an op I'd go to Rutnin in Bangkok. The two recommendations I've seen a few times is the place behind Big C Extra and one up Klang past Big C Extra on the right, a good lady specialist in there in the evenings. A bit vague I know maybe someone can be more specific

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I went to the one behind bic c extra 6 years ago ,he said i had a cataract and needed an operation next week 52 k ,charged me a lot for drops etc ,on advice i went to Queen Sirakit hospital in satahip ,where i saw a lady doctor(she also runs the other clinic you mentioned and is the eye doc at the international hospital) i had a full set of tests first ,was then told i had a very small cataract ,nothing need be done yet(6 yrs later i may be ready i feel) she also told me i had pressure in my eyes and needed drops ,the third lot worked, i go every 3 months for a check up with her (there is also another lady doc there) cost 900 baht ,drops half the cost of farcino they are extra.

so glad i went there if you can ,go to Queen Sirakit and register you will save a fortune but get first class treatment. even if you have to sit in an air conditioned room for a couple of hours ,

ps they have a market there and a really good food hall.

pps cataract operation half the cost i mentioned earlier. 

What drops and price please? I buy Xalatan 2.5ml at Fascino 2 boxes 1416baht normally 780baht per box Cheapest i have found anywhere.....so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for information, i go to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital every 6 months and pay 2 separate charges as one appointment is more thorough than the other (includes drops and field tests) 1210baht and 2860baht respectively (for high pressure/glaucoma)

I did make the mistake Once of asking the Doctor if he could get me Xalatan or latanoprost cheaper (than Fascino)...."dont tell anyone else he whispered" i kept my word and didn,t as when i came to pay it was 1213baht for the same eye drops that were 780 baht......thanks for that.🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the replies. I don't need an operation as far as I know!

 

If I did then maybe I would look at going to Bangkok.

Edited by TingTong187
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Just for information, i go to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital every 6 months and pay 2 separate charges as one appointment is more thorough than the other (includes drops and field tests) 1210baht and 2860baht respectively (for high pressure/glaucoma)

I did make the mistake Once of asking the Doctor if he could get me Xalatan or latanoprost cheaper (than Fascino)...."dont tell anyone else he whispered" i kept my word and didn,t as when i came to pay it was 1213baht for the same eye drops that were 780 baht......thanks for that.🙄

 

Can you tell me which doctor you saw and if you would recommend him? I suspect I have Uveitis, but uncertain. 

 

Ideally one that speaks good English. The last eye doctor I saw there had a unreassuring bedside manner. I just turned up and saw who was avaliable.

 

Thanks.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TingTong187 said:

 

Can you tell me which doctor you saw and if you would recommend him? I suspect I have Uveitis, but uncertain. 

 

Ideally one that speaks good English. The last eye doctor I saw there had a unreassuring bedside manner. I just turned up and saw who was avaliable.

 

Thanks.

 

 

Doctors name Santa Methasiri M.D....speaks English explains everything clearly does n,t seem to do anything that is not urgent.

If you want Local (to Pattaya) then it,s him or the Lady that Ivor refers too at Queen Sirakit.....depending on the price for drops i too may visit Sirakit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

What drops and price please? I buy Xalatan 2.5ml at Fascino 2 boxes 1416baht normally 780baht per box Cheapest i have found anywhere.....so far.

Sorry one mistake i made was its 490 baht i pay not 900 when i see the doc at Sirakit,the drops i have to use are the most expensive ,the two cheap ones did not bring the pressure down ,its  ganfort ,they are imported from Ireland at farcino 1590 for one month at sirakit 795 . by the way when using Sirakit if you get the doc who has a clinic in Pattaya she is good but will not speak english ,she is old school ,the young one no problem ,so my wife comes with me .

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Doctors name Santa Methasiri M.D....speaks English explains everything clearly does n,t seem to do anything that is not urgent.

If you want Local (to Pattaya) then it,s him or the Lady that Ivor refers too at Queen Sirakit.....depending on the price for drops i too may visit Sirakit?

Might be worth avoiding Queen Sirakit for a while, they were swamped with covid and cancelling appointments, maybe worth checking if that's changed

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Might be worth avoiding Queen Sirakit for a while, they were swamped with covid and cancelling appointments, maybe worth checking if that's changed

Thank goodness not due there for ages yet ,also have plenty of eye drops,but i am due to go to Chonburi hospital soon .

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

What drops and price please? I buy Xalatan 2.5ml at Fascino 2 boxes 1416baht normally 780baht per box Cheapest i have found anywhere.....so far.

You might want to give Siam Pharmacy in Korat a call. Their prices seem to be much cheaper than anybodies I’ve found. I just had eye drops for glaucoma stuff shipped here from them, and some pills through Kerry’s, and the shipping cost was 25 baht and was here in two days to my door. I tried to buy some pills here for my heart and they charged 50 baht more than Siam. Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mansell said:

You might want to give Siam Pharmacy in Korat a call. Their prices seem to be much cheaper than anybodies I’ve found. I just had eye drops for glaucoma stuff shipped here from them, and some pills through Kerry’s, and the shipping cost was 25 baht and was here in two days to my door. I tried to buy some pills here for my heart and they charged 50 baht more than Siam. Good luck.

Thanks for that but buying Xalatan on line is a bit risky to say the least...got to be packed with an ice cube and stay at a low temperature that can not be guaranteed by whoever the carrier is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...