Travel to UK via Singapore

London Fog

Is it possible to travel to UK via a transit in Singapore, Hong Kong or anywhere else at the moment without incurring 'red zone' quarantine when arriving in UK? 

Do these transit locations require any special paperwork eg negative Covid test within 72 hours? 

I am aware of UK requirements and conditions on arrival. 

Thanks

A friend travelled to the UK on Saturday evening (24th April) via Singapore and on Singapore Airlines. No issues. As far as I know he needed a Covid test for the UK, but not Singapore. 

Edited by Wiggy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Manchesterian said:

Does anyone know if there are long delays at immigration, Heathrow 

Plenty of reports of up to six hours needed to clear immigration as paperwork is examined carefully. Plans to get around this have started as the system will collapse completely once skies are opened up in June. That applies to Heathrow. Others places, I don't know.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

You can fly to UK via Singapore but not vice-versa: Singapore currently still prohibits anyone from UK even transiting there.

Queues at Heathrow are luck of the draw. I was through in 5 mins when I arrived a month ago; a mate arrived last week and was also through in 10 mins. Both on TG. But there have been plenty of stories on the news of people taking hours to clear. It helps if you have the various forms etc printed out rather than have to hunt for them on your phone etc.

FWIW I think it is better to arrive at LHR on a long-haul international flight at T2 than a feeder flight from a European transit like Frankfurt; the short-haul terminals are always going to be busier than the dedicated long-haul ones.

On 4/29/2021 at 6:11 PM, London Fog said:

Is it possible to travel to UK via a transit in Singapore, Hong Kong or anywhere else at the moment without incurring 'red zone' quarantine when arriving in UK? 

Do these transit locations require any special paperwork eg negative Covid test within 72 hours? 

I am aware of UK requirements and conditions on arrival. 

Thanks

are you seriously not able to find this out for yourself. In the time it took me to read your question I had the answer.