What is my best option for find anti mould/mold cleaner?

VocalNeal

There is a Thai product and it's dynamite I've used it a couple of times, for the life of me I cant remember the name I do have some left which is in my lockup I will go there later this afternoon and take a photo and post here

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Thanks, tried Cloteamizole for 2 months. Seemed to be gone but after 3 - 4 weeks suddenly back with avengance. 

Sorry to hear that, but having played football for many years (and tennis), I'm pretty much used to getting Jock itch (fungal) and similar, and even more so in this hot and humid climate.

Sometimes some of the older antifungals will take more than a month to completely clear the infection, and that means applying it three times a day, and especially before you go to bed.

Having said that, the newer antifungals such as terbinafine (ingredient in Lamisil) do work a little quicker and appear to be a little stronger, so I would suggest trying that and you can get the generic versions.

The other thing is to remember to wash undergarments thoroughly and wear a clean pair every day if you can and see if you can find antifungal laundry detergent (I think Amazon sells some).

Good luck.

20 hours ago, rumak said:

plain old bleach ( sold brand name Haiter) ..... easier to copy google than explain:

For killing mold with bleach use a ratio of one cup of bleach per gallon of water (ie about 1 part bleach to 10 parts water). Apply the solution to non-porous surfaces with mold growth either by using a spray bottle or by using a bucket and a sponge or cloth.

bleach is strong stuff.   cover yourself up and don't breathe it in .   For DIY painters,  any surface with mold on it should be washed down thoroughly with bleach solution as part of prep work.   otherwise what you paint over will NOT kill the mold and it will surface again in time

Yes, I agree but add equal amount of white vinegar for best results.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Sorry to hear that, but having played football for many years (and tennis), I'm pretty much used to getting Jock itch (fungal) and similar, and even more so in this hot and humid climate.

Sometimes some of the older antifungals will take more than a month to completely clear the infection, and that means applying it three times a day, and especially before you go to bed.

Having said that, the newer antifungals such as terbinafine (ingredient in Lamisil) do work a little quicker and appear to be a little stronger, so I would suggest trying that and you can get the generic versions.

The other thing is to remember to wash undergarments thoroughly and wear a clean pair every day if you can and see if you can find antifungal laundry detergent (I think Amazon sells some).

Good luck.

Thanks, I've just ordered Terbinafine cream on-line hopefully delivered within 3 or 4 days. Keen to give it a try.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Just finished day 1. I'll have another go tomorrow with a fresh 30% yellow Haiter bleach to finish off the areas that still aren't perfectly white.

I didn't use the mop - stupid idea. Gravity being the main problem. A thick white cloth and step ladder worked fine.

Yesterday:                                                                                and today:

Before1.jpg.57cb1911d24a6e5af07fc6525c9d1b72.jpg        1881112608_Day1300c.jpg.6a7679dd4b5098bbcf4f070537b78e88.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 7:14 AM, malt25 said:

Agree, but bloody expensive stuff here.

just checked the local Tesco - 0.5 L bottle costs mere 360 THB and will last you a year.

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Thanks, tried Cloteamizole for 2 months. Seemed to be gone but after 3 - 4 weeks suddenly back with avengance. 

Look up lamisil and then buy the Thai equivalent for athletes foot and jock itch.  Some of the jock itch is caused by dry skin on our ageing bodies.  Sometimes just a body lotion keeps jock itch away.

On 4/30/2021 at 5:26 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Just finished day 1. I'll have another go tomorrow with a fresh 30% yellow Haiter bleach to finish off

Never did do it again - overnight the bleach appeared to have whitened it even more.

• 2 years later...

When it comes to tackling mold issues, it's crucial to use the right products for effective cleaning. While Vixol Oxy could be a decent option, considering a cleaner specifically formulated for mold might offer better results. You could explore various options at local hardware stores like Tops, Global, or Tesco, as well as online retailers.
Additionally, considering the thread's age, you might have already found a solution, but if you're still dealing with mold problems, it's never too late to seek assistance. You can reach out to https://www.alldryus.com/new-york/new-york-city-water-damage-restoration/ for expert help. Best of luck with your bathroom maintenance!

Edited by ReynaldoZamora