I stopped drinking for 3 days.....

WineOh

3 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

If Thai beer tasted good, I suspect that I might be an alcoholic here. But as most of the beer just tastes like pond water mixed with preservatives, I find it very easy to stay tee-total.

If only they sold Timothy Taylor's Landlord in Thailand, it would be a perfect place to retire.

landlord.thumb.jpg.6bb47cfab5ece92008248712e32f774b.jpg

The chang cold brew isn't bad. Neither is the San Miguel light..

I'm on Tapper xtra tonight to make up for the 3 nights missed ???? 

• Like 1

Just now, BenDeCosta said:

Sweet taste? I can only assume you are drinking an expensive, imported beer. With Thai beers I get a bouquet of industrial chemicals, the mouthfeel of the urine of a rodent, and an delicate aftertaste of cat vomit.

compared to those Heineken 0.0 and 12 cups of sugarless tea every day, the taste of real beer is as sweet as honey.

16 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

A lot of expats end up drinking themselves to death in Thailand or Cambodia. A friend of mine dad died at age 66.

It is actually very easy to stop drinking with the help of Baclofen.

66 is a good innings. 

Many I know stopes drinking by taking other drugs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

A lot of expats end up drinking themselves to death in Thailand or Cambodia. A friend of mine dad died at age 66.

It is actually very easy to stop drinking with the help of Baclofen.

What about bar girls? Do a lot of bar girls drink themselves to death? I was only in Thailand on vacation and it occurred to me that these girls need to drink a lot to earn a living. Must be hard on the body to spend 362 days a year in a bar?

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

66 is a good innings. 

Many I know stopes drinking by taking other drugs 

The only problem with Baclofen is it is not recommend for people with psychiatric illness, depression or suffering from psychosis. So it is best to consult a Dr. before starting the treatment.

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Chang used to be lethal back in the day when I drank. 3 large for a 100 baht, and was 8.6%, stronger than now. 3 of them before hitting the pub saved me a fortune. 

Would never touch Leo or other beers less than 5%, what's the point? Some of us alkies  only really drink for the effects. 

I don't remember it ever being that strong. On my first visit to Thailand it was 6.4%.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

The only problem with Baclofen is it is not recommend for people with psychiatric illness, depression or suffering from psychosis. So it is best to consult a Dr. before starting the treatment.

That would rule out alcoholism, which is a psychiatric disease.