Any Pattaya restaurants that use biodegradable takeaway containers?

Card

23 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

Pepper and Salt at top of Khao Talo on the darkside usr all paper/cardboard containers and bags. Good food as well. 

Thx for this. Is it the same restaurant as Salt and Pepper in Foodpanda?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aomelia said:

Robin Hood and Frasers only ones I’ve seen everybody else still using foam 

Thx for this. I like Fraser's but live nearby. I will try for Robin Hood.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Tropical bar does, the name is Soi Khoa Talo. Darkside, will deliver but you need to pay if too far away. Also very good food, Thai & farang.

Thx looks good

On 4/30/2021 at 10:35 PM, peterrabbit said:

Pepper and Salt at top of Khao Talo on the darkside usr all paper/cardboard containers and bags. Good food as well. 

How do they stop hot damp food falling through the paper/ cardboard? Usually it's coated with plastic, which is not biodegradable.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Plenty of Pattaya restaurants were selling that when I was last in Pattaya. The fish they used was horrid though- it was like tasteless mush.

Some bottom feeder from the Mekong. Hungry Hippo had some Cod before but their supply failed.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 5:42 PM, Aomelia said:

Robin Hood and Frasers only ones I’ve seen everybody else still using foam 

Just received a Fraser's take-away. Still about 1/3 -1/2 plastic containers or bags, the rest brown paper. A big improvement on Yayoi Japanese but still not great. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 11:38 PM, Sydebolle said:

Well, the stuff delivered from Vespresso Restaurant on the Dark Side was packed exclusively in biodegradable packaging - they show certain society responsibility and I will order from them again. 

So presumably they are so environmentally aware and socially responsible all deliveries are done on bicycles are they ? or does using gasoline, polluting the air with exhaust emissions not count as being socially irresponsible ?

Edited by Excel

31 minutes ago, Excel said:

So presumably they are so environmentally aware and socially responsible all deliveries are done on bicycles are they ? or does using gasoline, polluting the air with exhaust emissions not count as being socially irresponsible ?

So I assume whenever you visit a restaurant you go on foot or bicycle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fujionrye said:

If you're doing takeout and not delivery, I'd suggest you bring along some plastic containers. I'm sure the restaurant would be happy filling them for you as they'd save money. Win-win!

Already got stainless steel thermal dishes on order for that.

1 hour ago, Fujionrye said:

If you're doing takeout and not delivery, I'd suggest you bring along some plastic containers. I'm sure the restaurant would be happy filling them for you as they'd save money. Win-win!

My Mrs has some nice tiffin tins that fit into a small insulating shoulder pack, and of course a few tuppaware type containers for her trips to the eat out only restaurants in the area. 

They do seem happy to use them as it reduces their overheads, it reduces our trash, although it means the Mrs still gets to wash up. 

9 hours ago, Card said:

So I assume whenever you visit a restaurant you go on foot or bicycle.

It was not about me or didn't you understand the post ?. It was about which restaurants do take aways in biodegradable products as it was claimed they were socially aware. I just asked the question regarding that social awareness and care for the environment because all most of us ever see are a bunch of hypocritical business people, often supported by their pals on this forum,  promoting their products on the back of the "Green criteria". Yet that is just a sales ploy for more sales, rather than any environmental concerns they may have,  highlighted usually by their consequential disregard to the environmental harmful factors of the delivery vehicles as one example which my post questioned. 

19 minutes ago, Excel said:

It was not about me or didn't you understand the post ?. It was about which restaurants do take aways in biodegradable products as it was claimed they were socially aware. I just asked the question regarding that social awareness and care for the environment because all most of us ever see are a bunch of hypocritical business people, often supported by their pals on this forum,  promoting their products on the back of the "Green criteria". Yet that is just a sales ploy for more sales, rather than any environmental concerns they may have,  highlighted usually by their consequential disregard to the environmental harmful factors of the delivery vehicles as one example which my post questioned. 

I was merely pointing out that home delivery by restaurants is just the reversal of customers arriving at their door, so if both trips involve petrol use then is essentially carbon 'neutral' apart from the containers.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Card said:

I was merely pointing out that home delivery by restaurants is just the reversal of customers arriving at their door, so if both trips involve petrol use then is essentially carbon 'neutral' apart from the containers.

You were doing no such thing in your reply.  Clearly you neither understood my original post as I previously questioned, nor even remembered what you wrote in your last reply to me !!

So just to remind you this was what you said in your post to me. "So I assume whenever you visit a restaurant you go on foot or bicycle."  So clearly my example of hypocritical behaviour hit a sore spot with you and you thought a smart ar$e reply would get you off the hook. Now if you wish to discuss carbon neutral policies and the practical difficulties of their  implementation in Thailand with regards to home delivery/take-away  food establishments, start a new thread. Don't get it confused with just another sales gimmick of  providing biodegradable food containers 

12 hours ago, Excel said:

OK, for all the dogooders and tree huggers out there.

Hardly any restaurant delivers the stuff as this is outsourced by the ordering customer using delivery services like Foodpanda, Grab etc. Even if deliveries are done by the restaurant it is certainly a step in the right direction! 

I personally find it laudable, that a restaurant does its little share and spend an extra dime in biodegradable packaging material. The bicycle part of the food intake remains with the ordering party - mostly. 

And for "Excel" putting up the querying comment - congratulations of losing weight as you only walk around barefoot and live of raw, uncooked stuff during daylight only - I would assume. 

Get real, I answered a question risen in the original posting only.