Coronavirus vaccinations on the islands

8 hours ago, khunPer said:

I asked an official what about the date for foreigners in Samui, I was told it will be available on the 1st of June at the International School of Tourism only)

To clear out any misunderstanding, this is the Sinovac jab for those who are under 60 years old.

The jab for those who are over 60 years old is the AstraZeneca one and it will be given on the 7th of June

• Like 2

Information from Nicha...

** IMPORTANT ** Just got a confirmation from Ko Samui Hospital that COVID-19 Vaccination for foreigners in Samui is now postponed (Due to IT problem) from June 1 to no new fixed date...(Thank you for a Page's follower for the info ????)

Update from Sisters of Samui...

VACCINATION UPDATE:
We have received advice that the Covid vaccinations for foreigners planned for 1st June might be postponed.
Foreigners should wait for an SMS or confirmation call from the Covid-19 vaccination committee, or for further announcements.
Sources:
- Koh Samui Hospital, via Bangkok Samui Hospital
- International School of Tourism
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

Information from Nicha...

** IMPORTANT ** Just got a confirmation from Ko Samui Hospital that COVID-19 Vaccination for foreigners in Samui is now postponed (Due to IT problem) from June 1 to no new fixed date...(Thank you for a Page's follower for the info ????)

The problem is not just Samui.

From the Thai Enquirer -

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) last week asked people to “slow down” their vaccine registration via the Mor Phrom Application due to limited supply of vaccines.

The locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine will reportedly not be delivered in June as scheduled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

From the Thai Enquirer -

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) last week asked people to “slow down” their vaccine registration via the Mor Phrom Application due to limited supply of vaccines.

The locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine will reportedly not be delivered in June as scheduled.

I've just got my AZ-appointment checked for us ancient beings at June 7th in the University building (only place), it's so far still on schedule...????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, khunPer said:
21 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

From the Thai Enquirer -

I've just got my AZ-appointment checked for us ancient beings at June 7th in the University building (only place), it's so far still on schedule

I have an appointment for June 8th at Koh Samui hospital, booked through the app linked to my pink card. As I'm over 60, this should be the Astra Zenica... no message of cancellation(yet)

2 hours ago, tony9525 said:

I have an appointment for June 8th at Koh Samui hospital, booked through the app linked to my pink card. As I'm over 60, this should be the Astra Zenica... no message of cancellation(yet)

All others have to my knowledge appointments for Monday June 7th, which should be the only day for old folks and AZ, are your sure it's the 8th..?

Edited by khunPer

27 minutes ago, khunPer said:

are your sure it's the 8th..?

That is what the app says, translated to: '08 June 2021. Vaccination booking information. Location: Koh Samui Hospital. Time 16:00'

I booked some weeks ago. I seem to remember the first available date was the 7th (may be why it's popular) and that I chose the 8th (not sure why!).

• Thanks 1

Status of vaccinations from 26th to 31st May, according to Koh Samui News Update...

No allergic reactions. Total number of vaccinations was 26,667 doses (i.e. persons); Koh Samui Hospital: 9,593; Bangkok Samui Hospital: 3,593; Koh Samui University: 7,399; Central Festival: 6,082.

Kan være et billede af 2 personer og tekst

WHO has approved the Sinovac vaccine for emergency use...

The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday it has approved a COVID-19 vaccine made by drugmaker Sinovac Biotech (SVA.O) for emergency use listing, paving the way for a second Chinese shot to be used in poor countries....

Full article from Reuters "WHO approves Sinovac COVID vaccine, the second Chinese-made dose listed" HERE.

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

No allergic reactions

That's odd, one of my wife's friends had to go to Nathon hospital after receiving her jab...she's okay now, but still feels a bit 'off'

• Like 1

I had a reaction to the Pfizer jab, not an allergic reaction.  Had had a slight fever and malaise - a bit like when a cold is starting. However nothing more than that. It was more pronounced after the second jab. The reaction occurred about 48 hours after the jab, the second one I took 2 paracetamol. the effects were over within 24 hours. Sore arm lasted a bit longer.

At no time did I regret having the jabs.

Edited by kwilco

22 hours ago, Neilly said:

That's odd, one of my wife's friends had to go to Nathon hospital after receiving her jab...she's okay now, but still feels a bit 'off'

A Thai friend of mine spent 3 nights in the same hospital after the 2nd jab (chills and fever), then had to quarantine at home for 2 weeks. He is OK now though.

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Has anyone received a response from immigration?

I checked mine this morning using the QR code below (you'll need your passport number) and is says 'Processing'

Covid Center 3.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

This message has been shared this evening by Koh Samui New Update...

Tried to register.. Won't take my immigration reference..

Too big fingers for a phone keyboard..

Too old for <deleted> like this!

Going to register for a jab with a US made vaccine at Thai Inter

Edited by lom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Just a tad spooky...just received an SMS

481067763_Approved2(Small).jpg.561cee550903b977ee2d49566ce518fb.jpg

Which then led to this (my name removed)

I received my SMS from the Smart Samui app an hour ago - same same.

Just have the (long???) wait for the appointment SMS.

• Like 1

I also received SMS notification this morning ... They are double checking those that register are actually living here , which is why immigration are involved .

They are tightening up the procedure as many from Surat , perhaps with a 2nd home , were coming here to try register for the vaccine .

The appointments issued for tomorrow are cancelled .

I have been told that Sinovac has now been approved for over 60's in Thailand so we may be offered that .

There is a 1 new case of Covid on Samui today .

• Thanks 2

Seems like vaccination for foreigners tomorrow (June 7th) is cancelled.
This notice is "pinned" on the gate house to the university...

wIMG20210606145531_notice_w1024.jpg.8c5efea7134f30d20978d6943fcc01e5.jpg

wIMG20210606145607_Gate-house.jpg.e9eceac3e38ef8374272f72c8e5c8577.jpg

Edited by khunPer

Samui Info by Nicha says...

GOOD NEWS ???? Vaccination confirmation SMS has been started to send out today to foreigners in Samui who registered for a COVID-19 vaccination.
There are 2 cases for SMS.
1️⃣ "Approved" (A confirmation of approval and wait for another SMS for a date of vaccination)
2️⃣ "Not approved" In this case, please contact Surat Thani Immigration Office (Samui) to verify your information as there may be a mistake in registering to be modified.
------------------
???????? ข่าวดีสำหรับต่างชาติในสมุยค่ะ
ตอนนี้ทางสมุยได้มีการส่ง SMS ยืนยันการขอรับวัคซีนโควิทสำหรับชาวต่างชาติในสมุย
การส่ง SMS มี 2 กรณี:
1. กรณีผ่าน ให้รอ SMS วันนัดหมายอีกครั้ง ตามลำดับการจัดสรรวัคซีน
2.ไม่ผ่าน เขาต้องไปรายงานตัวที่ ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดสุราษฎร์ธานี (สมุย) เพื่อตรวจสอบข้อมูล โดยอาจจะลงทะเบียนกรอกข้อมูลผิดให้ไปแก้ไขที่ สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมืองสมุย
-------------------------
???????? Bonne Nouvelle : Un SMS de confirmation a commencé à être envoyé aujourd'hui aux étrangers à Samui qui se sont inscrits pour une vaccination COVID-19.
Il y a 2 cas pour les SMS.
1.) "Approuvé" (Une confirmation d'approbation et attendre un autre SMS pour une date de vaccination)
2.) "Non approuvé" Dans ce cas la, veuillez contacter le bureau de l'Immigration Samui pour vérifier vos informations en cas où il y a une erreur à modifier.

Kan være et billede af tekst, der siger "AA fSAMUI INFO By NICHA vaccine.smartsamui.com C Registration Status Registration by Status Approved SMS for a confirmation of vaccination is started to send out to foreigners in Samui who registered for a COVID19 vaccine. Your registration passed immigration check based the information your provided registration form. your What happens next? information Samui where vaccination. date(s) sent to Koh registered - available location system. another notifying you when you can report receive your vaccination. Date of vaccination to be informed by another SMS OK Register here"