Coronavirus vaccinations on the islands

Some important vaccination facts from Sisters of Samui...

If you registered for the vaccine at Nathon Hospital or at the Chaweng Vaccine Centre (by Chaweng lake opposite Central Festival 

Samui Sisters has been advised that you should register via the app.  After you submit your application, your information will be sent to Immigration to verify your residency, after that you will receive a confirmation by SMS.  We encourage you to register for the vaccine using the app (details below).  Have your passport handy and find the details of your visa.  

I heard from sources at Bangkok Hospital today that the problem with foreigners vs. Immigration is that a number of people commuted from the mainland to register for vaccination on Samui, as also previously posted by @churchill.

Blog-header-image-1200x-428-9-930x428.pn

(My bold below)

Vaccine Update for Foreigners on Koh Samui:

Whilst we do not know when the vaccinations will be available for foreigners, we do have some information to share regarding the online registration process.

A ). For those who registered online already, you most likely received a confirmation SMS over the weekend. Your application has been approved by Immigration, and information passed onto Koh Samui Hospital, so they can schedule your vaccination date and time.

B ). For those who registered at Samui Hospital or at the Vaccine Registration Centre (lakeside), you should register online. Please read the attached blog for more information (or use the QR code in the comments below).

Once you have registered, please wait patiently for the confirmation SMS. Vaccinating all residents on our island is a huge undertaking for the Koh Samui Covid-19 Vaccine team. For this we are thankful.

https://www.sistersonsamui.org/covid-vaccinations-on-samui/

Source: Koh Samui District Disease Control Operations Center (Facebook page).

• Like 1

Price for Private Hospital vaccination with Moderna vaccine, for those that might be interested, has been agreed to 3,800 baht for both jabs, including service fee and vaccination insurance. The vaccine is however not yet available, but first lot should arrive in October.

• Like 1

11th June VACCINATION PLAN: According to the President of the Tourism Association of Ko Samui, 70% (about 87,660 ppl) of the population in Ko Samui including foreigners and expats are expected to be vaccinated by the end of July 2021.

Kan være et billede af tekst

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

11th June VACCINATION PLAN: According to the President of the Tourism Association of Ko Samui, 70% (about 87,660 ppl) of the population in Ko Samui including foreigners and expats are expected to be vaccinated by the end of July 2021.

Kan være et billede af tekst

Interesting statistics...around 3 thousand foreigners living here, and only 37 on retirement visas? Hard to believe...and nobody on Elite? Also I didn't expect to see so many Myanmar people.

3 hours ago, gearbox said:

Interesting statistics...around 3 thousand foreigners living here, and only 37 on retirement visas? Hard to believe...and nobody on Elite? Also I didn't expect to see so many Myanmar people.

There are numerous Myanmar workers in tourism sector, building construction, and restaurants, the gasoline stations (not many, but from Myanmar); I however had no idea of how many, as we I've seen any statistics.

Number of resident foreigners on Samui have always been a guess, and yes, it's extremely surprising if only 37 live here on extension of stay based on retirement, compared to the number of extensions based on Thai family and business. In total the number seems to be 3,122.

There is a handwritten number on top of my permission for extension of stay stamp in my passport, "S2752/63" on my last extension from October last year (2020). In the visa-forum we were in doubt if these handwritten numbers were for the type if extension, i.e. "retirement", or the total number of extensions. It seems to be the total then, as 2,752 in mid October compared to 3,122 in total actually fits, in average 260 extensions a month, which would be around 15 to handle a day, probably excluding residents on Phangan.

My extension numbers were S2316/62 in 2019, and S2150/61 in 2018, but 3551/60 in 2018, and 3559/59 in 2017; all extensions made in first half to around mid October. There seems to be a drop of a thousand or more between 2018 and 2019, I think that was the time when they changed the documentation for retirement extension to proof of minimum 65k baht foreign transfer each month, or a bank deposit not less than 400k baht, and up to 800k baht little more then five month of the year. Some complained that they could not fulfill the monthly transfers and did not have enough funds for a deposit, which could explain some drop in number, but a thousand is a lot, probably too many for this. I don't know what the "S" in front of the number indicates, as it also came in when the number dropped; could it perhaps indicate "Samui", and the earlier bigger number included Phangan?

So all this postings in the pinned thread about extension of stay based on retirement are actually only for 37 people on Samui, plus an unknown number from Phangan...????

Edited by khunPer

11 hours ago, khunPer said:

There are numerous Myanmar workers in tourism sector, building construction, and restaurants, the gasoline stations (not many, but from Myanmar); I however had no idea of how many, as we I've seen any statistics.

Number of resident foreigners on Samui have always been a guess, and yes, it's extremely surprising if only 37 live here on extension of stay based on retirement, compared to the number of extensions based on Thai family and business. In total the number seems to be 3,122.

There is a handwritten number on top of my permission for extension of stay stamp in my passport, "S2752/63" on my last extension from October last year (2020). In the visa-forum we were in doubt if these handwritten numbers were for the type if extension, i.e. "retirement", or the total number of extensions. It seems to be the total then, as 2,752 in mid October compared to 3,122 in total actually fits, in average 260 extensions a month, which would be around 15 to handle a day, probably excluding residents on Phangan.

My extension numbers were S2316/62 in 2019, and S2150/61 in 2018, but 3551/60 in 2018, and 3559/59 in 2017; all extensions made in first half to around mid October. There seems to be a drop of a thousand or more between 2018 and 2019, I think that was the time when they changed the documentation for retirement extension to proof of minimum 65k baht foreign transfer each month, or a bank deposit not less than 400k baht, and up to 800k baht little more then five month of the year. Some complained that they could not fulfill the monthly transfers and did not have enough funds for a deposit, which could explain some drop in number, but a thousand is a lot, probably too many for this. I don't know what the "S" in front of the number indicates, as it also came in when the number dropped; could it perhaps indicate "Samui", and the earlier bigger number included Phangan?

So all this postings in the pinned thread about extension of stay based on retirement are actually only for 37 people on Samui, plus an unknown number from Phangan...????

It makes quite a bit of sense from what I observed in the immigration while waiting. There are a lot of Russians (and other from Eastern Europe) who look too young to be on retirement visas. I guess their partners  and kids are probably counted under the "Fellow family".

There are a lot of restaurants and other small businesses run by foreigners,  that probably explains the high number of business visas.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gearbox said:

I have some friends here on Elite visas.

I guess that Samui immigration only count the ones issued via them? My friends organised their Elite visa from Germany.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

Vaccination status for the Southern islands pr. 14th June...

200784322_330666708591639_7372502641751731241_n.jpg.26a5f7f61971fae243392fa40b9fc8ef.jpg

I suppose the almost neglible numbers of 2 shots in Kho Tao is irrelevant given the fact that many people die there anyway.  

• Like 1

French expats aged 55 and older living in Thailand can now apply for COVID-19 vaccines provided by the French government, free of charge. Vaccinations start tomorrow and will be administered at eight hospitals throughout the country, including Koh Samui...

La campagne de vaccination se déroulera au sein de huit hôpitaux partenaires, respectivement à : Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Pattaya, Phuket, Khon Kaen, Koh Samui, Udon Thani.

More information from teh French Embassy (in French language) HERE.

safe_image.jpg.9ae5ed3a8543b231d489948d6072a8b9.jpg

Staff (all Thai) went to Central Festival yesterday in order to receive their second vaccination.

The were told to come back in the afternoon. They went back and - no have.

This vaccination program was supposed to run from the 23rd - 28th.

They were not given another appointment. ????

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Staff (all Thai) went to Central Festival yesterday in order to receive their second vaccination.

The were told to come back in the afternoon. They went back and - no have.

This vaccination program was supposed to run from the 23rd - 28th.

They were not given another appointment. ????

My wife (who's Thai) went initially to the collage, but was told it was full so went to Central and got her 2nd jab there this afternoon...so between your post and the one in the link below there is some odd stuff going on at the moment!

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1221607-vaccine-fiasco/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

My wife (who's Thai) went initially to the collage, but was told it was full so went to Central and got her 2nd jab there this afternoon...so between your post and the one in the link below there is some odd stuff going on at the moment!

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1221607-vaccine-fiasco/

Definitely. A friend is suggesting that they are trying to sell the vaccines by not giving them out. ????????

Others that I have asked say - go at 07.00. They have some but they run out each day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Others that I have asked say - go at 07.00. They have some but they run out each day.

I asked my wife this morning what went down at the collage yesterday and she said that they are set a limit of how many jabs to do per day at each station, she says the collage had already maxed out it's quota for the day by the time she got there after lunch...so I don't think it's a case of them running out of vaccine, it was just that they were over subscribed for that day...which is why your comment above makes sense.

• Like 1

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

The final Covid-19 vaccination for Samui residents before the possible reopening of the island will take place in Samui Tourism University on the road by Chaweng Lake on

27th to 30th June

You can register by using this form:

https://forms.gle/HkeTgwceKjihfZG18

The requirements for registration are as follows:

1. Your Full Name as shown on your passport
  2. Passport copy (photo page)/ Thai ID card copy
  3. Address on Koh Samui
  4. Telephone number
  5. Thai Tax ID and SSO ID (social security number) - (if any)

Everybody over the age of 18 who lives on Koh Samui is eligible for vaccination.

You must register before 2 pm (14:00) on Saturday June 26th.

These information originates from Panyadee British International School of Samui in a e-mailed letter of today (dated 25th June) that says:

- - - - -

We have been contacted by the Samui Covid 19 Committee about supporting the vaccination programme for the island prior to the possible reopening next Month.

The plan is to vaccinate as much of the island as possible to ensure the safety of all of us and to allow the return of tourists.

There will be one final drive of vaccinations on the island. This drive will take place from 27th -30th of June.

We have been asked to help register people interested in receiving the vaccine. If you, or anybody you know, wishes to receive the vaccine please complete the attached google form or come to school and we will register you or your family members.

This registration is open to everyone over the age of 18 who lives on Koh Samui. We can also help register people who are not connected to the school. So anybody can register with us for the vaccination.

Please be aware that we are facilitating a request from the local authorities and are not responsible for the application of the
vaccine or the enrollment of individuals. If you have any questions please contact the Tourism University for more information.

- - - - -

Personal notice from me, the poster:

I registered for vaccination first time using the form that should be emailed to Tourism Association of Koh Samui; it required a company name, which I have (I'm registered as director). I however didn't hear anything from them.

Next time I registered personally by Central Festival in the building by the lake, where they registered me in the app, and said that I would receive AZ on June 7th (when they realized my age, first they wished me to come for Sinovac on June 1st...????); this was however postponed to an unknown new date, as too many non-islanders had registered, or tried to register.

Third time I registered using the QR-code posted in this forum, and I could little later check that I was registered in the system and would get further information by SMS about when to get my jab; I haven't received any SMS so far (June 25th).

I'm however seriously considering if I should register again by above link...????

Why?

Because it might be last chance for a while to get Covid-19 vaccination, as private hospitals will only begin to vaccinate in October with the Moderna vaccine, and furthermore the supplies of Moderna have been halfed from 10 million doses to 5 million doses, according to news articles the last few days, which also states that private hospitals begin to postpone or cancel pre registrations.

1 hour ago, churchill said:

Just got a phone call from Samui Hospital .. Appointment Astra Zeneca Vaccine from 12 noon 27th ..

Just received an SMS, 12 noon at the college on 27th

• Like 2

21 hours ago, churchill said:

Ca Marche ..

Just got a phone call from Samui Hospital .. Appointment Astra Zeneca Vaccine from 12 noon 27th ..

Given a reference number 

19 hours ago, Neilly said:

Just received an SMS, 12 noon at the college on 27th

Can I please ask if you are in the >60 or <60 age bracket?

I ask because originally they were only giving AZ to 60+.

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Had my first  jab this morning. A Z - I am 70 years old but everyone is getting A Z today. 1,500 people.

Anutin arrived and slowed everything down. Grrr.

Yep, was there myself this morning, thankfully I didn't run in to Anutin or I probably wouldn't be here posting this ????

I asked my wife this morning regarding your earlier comment about people coming over from Surat for their jabs...apparently if you had your first jab here you are guaranteed of getting your second one here to. This is why they tightened everything up when they found people were coming from far and wide to get their jabs on Samui.  

• Like 2

if you haven't had your vaccination yet and want to get one, I would take a chance and go to the University of Tourism.

Take a photocopy of your passport ID page, and visa ( i also took copy of TM.6 in passport.) Yellow registration form is in Thai, but there are English speakers to help.

I went yesterday just after 12 and was done by 1:15. Was very busy, but they have a system that seems to work.

1. Take yellow form to far right of campus as you walk in. there are tables to sit at and people to help.

2. Queue up to be registered. There was a foreigner there doing it and only took a minute or two. Then you are given a number. Stapled to your yellow sheet.

3. I was told to go through the large covered tent area where many people are sitting waiting, and go and sit on the seats right in front to the entrance to the main building.

4. Waited about ten to fifteen minutes before a group of us were told to go upstairs to 3rd Floor.

5. Nurse gave us a little talk on what to expect re. effects, then blood pressure taken.

6. Into main hall for vaccination. Only waited a minute.

7. Directed to chairs to wait for 15 mins in case any allergic reactions.

8. 15 mins cleared, can leave. But over 60's have blood pressure taken once more.

See my post in thread below. On page 3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1