Yamaha Fino unstable on bumpy roads

galolo

Hi everyone. I own a Yamaha FIno that rides perfectly on steady roads but that gets quite unstable on bumpy roads. Since many Bangkok roads have holes, bumps and cat eyes on them, i often feel like my Fino will fall every time i drive over them and it feels quite dangerous. 

I was wondering how i could solve this problem and if i should put larger tires/wheels on my motorbike. 

That's what you get with a small light scooter, with one suspension arm. I doubt if tyres would make much difference. A bigger scooter like the Aerox would be much better, wider tyres, two suspension arms and more power/weight. I remember riding my tgf's Honda icon and it was scary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

That's what you get with a small light scooter, with one suspension arm. I doubt if tyres would make much difference. A bigger scooter like the Aerox would be much better, wider tyres, two suspension arms and more power/weight. I remember riding my tgf's Honda icon and it was scary.

My Honda Click is great over bumps, very stable, always

• Haha 2

How old and worn is it ? Old style motor bikes used to need renewal of suspension bearings, steering head bearing and front fork sliders every 5000 miles. The transformation on renewal of steering head bearing (very easy to do) could be delightful.

13 hours ago, Henryford said:

I guess by suspension arms you mean the rear suspension. For what it's worth: one or two rear suspensions makes no difference in terms of stability. Nearly no big bike has two and they are infinitely more stable than an Aerox. Having two rear springs is mostly for looks.

What makes the biggest difference in terms of stability is suspension quality (and matching the riders weight), wheel base, wheel size and general frame geometry including rake/trail. There's dozens other factors playing into it of course.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 9:33 AM, Henryford said:

wave certainly better the forks on the aerox or very thin and that is not a great bike for rough roads but yes better than the fino:)

• 1 month later...