COVID-19 patients concealing their chronology infect 20-30 Thai medics per day

webfact

เจ้าหน้าที่ตรวจคัดกรอง-COVID-19.jpg

78 nurses from 17 hospitals in Bangkok have had to self-isolate after dealing with COVID-19 infected patients who lied about their recent movements, according to the Confederation of Thai Professional Councils.

President of Thailand’s Nursing and Midwifery Council, Tassana Boontong, in her capacity as the president of the confederation, announced that, due to the COVID-19 situation, many medical personnel have been working around the clock, where some of them have contracted the virus. She said that 20-30 medics have been infected each day.

The high number of medical personnel in quarantine has left many hospitals with staff shortages, resulting in a single medic having to deal with up to 100 patients, instead of the usual 20, which Tassana described as a crisis.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-patients-concealing-their-chronology-infect-20-30-thai-medics-per-day/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

78 nurses from 17 hospitals in Bangkok have had to self-isolate after dealing with COVID-19 infected patients who lied about their recent movements, according to the Confederation of Thai Professional Councils

Begs the question why are nurses dealing with Covid infected patients not wearing full protective clothing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

If the medics have been infected by known positive patients, there is something wrong with the PPE or hospital procedures.

If they have been infected by unknown positive patients, one has to ask why ALL incoming patients are not tested

Where/how the patient contracted covid is irrelevant and is just trying to shift the blame for poor procedures.

Or why are these unknown patients being tested or questioned by nurses not wearing full protection, anyone in contact with these should have full PPE

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Begs the question why are nurses dealing with Covid infected patients not wearing full protective clothing?

And why have these Front Line Workers not been vaccinated first, even before the Government and other "entitiled people"  Yet another mistake by the responsible Minister, who has failed to protect his staff.

• Like 2

In Rawai, 50 people infected with COVID-19 have fled, 20 refusing to go to detention center, they refuse to quarantine themselves.  Anyone who lives in the Phuket area, please beware of COVID-19.    

Received above message from friend in Rawai, seems to me if true it’s because Thai’s have no interest in being put in temporary hospitals that look more like concentration camps???? Botton line Covid Pandemic now out of control????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Uroller said:

In Rawai, 50 people infected with COVID-19 have fled, 20 refusing to go to detention center, they refuse to quarantine themselves.  Anyone who lives in the Phuket area, please beware of COVID-19.    

Received above message from friend in Rawai, seems to me if true it’s because Thai’s have no interest in being put in temporary hospitals that look more like concentration camps???? Botton line Covid Pandemic now out of control????????

I live in Rawai I have heard nothing of the sort and I know a good few people around here you need to post a link link to support your claim

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Uroller said:

What does that mean “50 people have fled, 20 refusing to go to detention center”?

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

What does that mean “50 people have fled, 20 refusing to go to detention center”?

I dont believe him Rawai is only a small Tamboon my wife would have heard something if that was true

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Uroller said:

I heard similar yesterday and immediately dismissed it as fake news. Chinese (Thai) whispers methinks.

• Like 1