Video: 7-Eleven staffer slams into back of double parked truck - "I had my lights flashing", says driver

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

CCTV footage from the Nikom M Thai estate in Samut Prakan just after midnight today showed the moment when a 7-Eleven female staffer on her way home slammed into the back of a double parked truck.

Bang Sao police and Ruam Katanyu rescue were on the scene at 12.30 am attending to Ariya, 18, who was in a serious condition with mouth and shoulder injuries and a broken right leg. She was taken to an area hospital after first aid at the scene, reported 77kaoded

9pm1.jpg

Her Yamaha motorcycle was damaged on its side by a Hino truck that was being driven by 25 year old Sitthichai.

He said he was making a delivery to a pet food factory and had stopped for a bite to eat at a roadside restaurant.

He said he double parked but turned on his flashing lights. 

Colleagues of the injured lady said she had just finished her shift at the 7-Eleven branch by Lotus and was on her way home. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-30

35 minutes ago, realfunster said:

It also looks like a residential area, which usually has some ambient lighting.

Obviously. Look at the strong shadows seen on the first picture.

Clearly lit up.

Texting/chatting one handed staring on the gadget? Something like that.

You see that every other time.

Let's hope she does not have permanent disabilities and learned a cheap lesson.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, overt2016 said:

Hello!!!! The truck was double parked.

All the speculation about her is irrelevant.

Do you seriously think that, had the truck been moving at 10kph, she would not have hit it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, overt2016 said:

Hello!!!! The truck was double parked.

All the speculation about her is irrelevant.

What if the truck had broken down ??????

What if instead of the truck it was a child ?

What if.... 

.................... What if she was paying attention to where she was going ?????

Ultimately, with many (not all) incidents in Thailand it takes two complete a$$hats....  

.... in this case we have a dumb a$$hat who abandoned his vehicle in the middle of the road !!!

.... we also have a dumb a$$hat who is not looking where she was going !!!

Both at fault., but ultimately the lorry driver needs to be charged with illegally parking and causing an accident. 

She, need has already received her penalty.

• Like 1

It astonishes me.... How do so many people hit a stationary vehicle !!! 

It happens so much here. 

I don’t know anyone who has hit a stationary vehicle in the UK, yet in Thailand I know two, one of them a Westerner (riding while drunk) and another Thai (killed himself, riding while drunk) but went into the back of a parked up truck !

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It astonishes me.... How do so many people hit a stationary vehicle !!! 

It happens so much here. 

Really the explanation in many cases is distraction by using some gadget.

And as I wrote even bikes steered one handed while fiddling with the gadget. Writing text, staring on the display while riding.

And: it might not be that frequent because police does more stringent checks, but in Germany many have lost their lives due to truck drivers crashing full speed into a backlog/jam. Happened more than once. No brake failure.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Here in Pattaya every morning me & the Mrs watch TMN news, a few weeks back there was dashcam footage from a following vehicle, the guy on the motorbike drove straight into the back of a truck doing in excess of 60 kph, now that is chuffin stoopid ???? 

Then a couple of days later a guy in a box body pickup making a legit delivery along the Sukhamvit rd in Pattaya had a motorcyclist run into the back of his van. Again stoopid beyond belief.

Then I saw somewhere not long ago, on a very well lit road at night a guy on a bike ran into the back of a slow moving heavy truck, these people don't deserve to live to be honest, they all died due to driving without due care and attention.

As for the double parking ? Well that really winds me up and needs to be cracked down on but we all know that won't happen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Here in Pattaya every morning me & the Mrs watch TMN news, a few weeks back there was dashcam footage from a following vehicle, the guy on the motorbike drove straight into the back of a truck doing in excess of 60 kph, now that is chuffin stoopid ???? 

Then a couple of days later a guy in a box body pickup making a legit delivery along the Sukhamvit rd in Pattaya had a motorcyclist run into the back of his van. Again stoopid beyond belief.

Then I saw somewhere not long ago, on a very well lit road at night a guy on a bike ran into the back of a slow moving heavy truck, these people don't deserve to live to be honest, they all died due to driving without due care and attention.

As for the double parking ? Well that really winds me up and needs to be cracked down on but we all know that won't happen.

Ive been stopped in gridlock traffic and had a scooter run full tilt into the back of me (Sukhumvit road North Pattaya).... it was many years ago when there was extensive road works (which caused the gridlocked traffic).

Young guy on the scoot came through the back window of my saloon, made a nasty mess of my vehicle, his scooter, his face and his legs.

Police suggested I should admit to being at fault so that un-insured scoot rider could claim against my insurance.... my insurance rep told em to go pound sand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Ive been stopped in gridlock traffic and had a scooter run full tilt into the back of me (Sukhumvit road North Pattaya).... it was many years ago when there was extensive road works (which caused the gridlocked traffic).

Young guy on the scoot came through the back window of my saloon, made a nasty mess of my vehicle, his scooter, his face and his legs.

Police suggested I should admit to being at fault so that un-insured scoot rider could claim against my insurance.... my insurance rep told em to go pound sand.

Fortunately ???????????? never had that yet, but when I'm out and about & the mrs is driving I always check my wing mirror for any potential problems from behind, like large trucks with brake failure to fools on bikes, good luck for the future, I hope you have trouble free motoring ????????????????

11 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

That's what I would have told them , my insurance is to protect me and mine if I am at fault .

Not somebody who hasn't bothered with insurance.