Face masks now mandatory in all Thai provinces

webfact

Any wagers on how long mask wearing will be mandatory?

My personal feeling is that masks will be a relatively permanent requirement for at least a year if not much longer.  Even after "vaccinations" (which don't cure you or keep you from contracting Covid) people will continue to get sick.  So in my view I see a semi-permanent state of "emergency" for one to two year or three years, and urges from "Experts" to wear masks and social distance pretty much indefinitely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cauldlad said:

I went out for a walk this morning at 6.30am. beach road Pattaya.

I saw many Thais not wearing a mask. Every farang I saw was wearing a mask.

The Thais just do not care, until they catch it that is!!

My observations in Pattaya malls is exactly the reverse. Thais, visitors and staff, all properly masked up while farang tend to wear them as chin straps. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

It would be wise to now include the mandatory wearing of safety helmets for motorcyclists in this edict. Same fines and enforcement and see the effect on road deaths.  (Sound of snoring)

This is common sense, not used here.

6 hours ago, apetryxx said:

There is absolutely no scientific evidence that wearing a mask outdoors is necessary or helpful to the wearer or others. Wearing one whilst driving a scooter with no helmet is the height of folly. One practice is silly, the other regularly fatal in dear old Siam.

Outdoor mask wearing depends how dense the people around are. Yes, there is scientific evidence that social distancing is essential.

6 hours ago, daftdada said:

Lets look at this circus:

-Wear masks……………….the virus spreads
-Wear triple masks……..the virus spreads
-Designer masks………….virus spreads
-Plastic shields……….same old same old
-Social distance……..the virus spreads
-Lock down………….the virus spreads
-Vaccine………still spreading
-Booster shots………….to avoid more spreading
-Mutant virus from Britain………..???
-Mutant virus from Africa………??
– A new vaccine needed??
-A new booster shot needed ??
-Another lockdown…………….!!!!

The show must go on and we wonder WHAT NEXT ! Perhaps a “new” virus and accompanying vaccine and booster. Plastic overalls and hermetically sealed space helmets with oxygen tanks ?? You have to give the credit to the few who play games with the many.

What a charade !

Masks can stop the spread IF 100% compliance (wearing it and how it is worn). Since that js not possible, it can only slow down the spread.

5 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Does it matter what kind of mask you wear? Some of these masks are paper thin and offer little or no protection to other people. I almost forgot will there be mask police paid on a commission?

You shouldn’t be able to able to see through it. If you can, you should double and triple layer it.

4 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

also myself and my wife wear a mask sleeping together we eat our food through a straw small flap in the masks . cannot clean our teeth we have to find a way to do that 

Members of a household are except because it is to hard to stop it from spreading it to each other in close quarters. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

The narrative in this case being science and common sense. These days Google is also a verb meaning to search for, other search engines will give similar results. It's common sense. I'd opt for that rather than a opinion post on this thread saying "There is absolutely no scientific evidence that wearing a mask outdoors is necessary".

Your post just highlights the level that the majority of the general population has been systematically dumbed down, brainwashed and programmed. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

also myself and my wife wear a mask sleeping together we eat our food through a straw small flap in the masks . cannot clean our teeth we have to find a way to do that 

Your serious. I truly hope not.

19 hours ago, apetryxx said:

There is absolutely no scientific evidence that wearing a mask outdoors is necessary or helpful to the wearer or others. Wearing one whilst driving a scooter with no helmet is the height of folly. One practice is silly, the other regularly fatal in dear old Siam.

How would you propose to test it “scientifically”? It’s practically impossible. So, I am guessing you have no reliable scientific research showing mask wearing outdoors is useless. 
To get scientifically reliable research you need two groups of similar volunteers, in similar locations with similar lifestyles. They will be divided into two equal groups, one wearing masks 24/7 and the other never wearing a mask. They then need to go about “normal” life but with one big difference - they must be outdoors all day and night every day for the entire test period. Then the covid infection rates in each group are measured and compared.
Anything less than normal life (and only lived entirely outdoors) would pollute your research. In practice this is not going to happen because they must either change their lifestyles to be outdoors 24/7 or they cheat and go indoors to sleep or do essential shopping or whatever. 

Unless and until mask deniers come up with reliable evidence that masks genuinely don’t protect in close social interactions in crowded outdoors places, I’ll stick with the recommendations from scientists and doctors - and stay well upwind of the mask deniers 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I keep asking about cycling (and running) and whether a face mask has to be worn?

Is there anyone who has a definite answer to this? If so is there somewhere the relevant section is available in Thai and English?

Last year the Min. of Sport recommended not wearing a mask whilst running. But I haven't seen anything written down.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2021 at 5:21 PM, PEE TEE said:

????????????

I literally just spat my beer out in laughter after reading this ????

On 4/29/2021 at 11:24 PM, bluesofa said:

I wonder if all the provinces are following a standard (CCSA?) format for their regulations?

I keep asking about cycling (and running) and whether a face mask has to be worn?

Is there anyone who has a definite answer to this? If so is there somewhere the relevant section is available in Thai and English?

So far, I have (eventually) only managed to find the Phuket English regulations. I hope the image below is clear.

Screenshot from 2021-04-30 08-21-03-edit1.png

if your riding on the street or trail where me or a police can see you you can breathe out and i may breathe in what your breathing out so you need to wear a mask

Edited by DerbyDan

3 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

if your riding on the street or trail where me or a police can see you you can breathe out and i may breathe in what your breathing out so you need to wear a mask

When you wear a mask does that filter out the virus and you only breathe virus free air even though there is virus in the air you're breathing?The virus is apparently 20 times smaller than smoke particles if the mask can filter out something that 20 times smaller than smoke particles then the masks will be effective for fire fighters to use instead of those bulky air tanks and bulky full face masks?