Fedex slow delivery from Europe. Anyone else?

MJCM

My Bank back in Europe send me documents for me to sign via Fedex.

Fedex Envelope was sent last Friday 23/4 with Scheduled delivery on 29/4 (so Yesterday)

Been looking at the tracking page and it has been stuck in Paris since Saturday with status update daily saying

In transit 6:13 PM ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR

Anyone know what is going on.

Contacted Fedex and they are not much help as they keep saying someone will contact you and they don't

TiA

Edit: Before the Bank send the envelope, they asked Fedex if they deliver to Thailand and they said they do.

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg

48 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

"Anyone know what is going on"

Hi

Currently there is a Pandemic running loose in the world.

Yesterday France had 26,538 new cases of this virus. Expect delays.

Google "Covid 19" for more details

Did you read the last line? Bank asked Fedex and said they still deliver to Thailand

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not directly related but Thai post simply closed most of international mail service until May 3 or so.

Thx @KhunBENQ

Could be the reason, any link for that?

Edited by MJCM

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215306-delayed-mail-to-foreign-countries/

A member supplied the link to the announcement in English:

https://file.thailandpost.com/upload/content/Announcement_rev_6087c916e7b73.pdf

Another link to a news thread is broken. No idea why.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Susco said:

My money is on it that the letter is in Thailand already, and that the issue is on the Thai side

I doubt it, but according to the tracker it's still in France and it's gets an update at least once a day

Will update this thread as soon as the tracker changes

fedex.JPG.d37b29a6346cd6c8289d0a61aa30b205.JPG

Edit: Other documents I have received through Fedex, go from Paris to their Hub in Guangzhou and then on-wards to Thailand

Edited by MJCM

MJCM...................I recently had credit cards that were shipped via FED-EX (criment) that arrived in the FED -EX local facility two days after leaving the U.S.   The same scenario carried on for 5 days before I was able to contact their office.  I was giving them the benefit of the doubt in delays due to Song Kran holiday.  After a couple phone conversations and directions, they finally delivered the cards.  The driver's excuse.......................I didn't know where your town is.  No brains involved to possibly check the zip code, go to the post office  for that zip code, get directions and deliver the dang cards. 

Based on this performance, I would be hesitant to use them for any future shipping needs.  Especially if the delivery originates from the U.S. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, patekatek said:

MJCM...................I recently had credit cards that were shipped via FED-EX (criment) that arrived in the FED -EX local facility two days after leaving the U.S.   The same scenario carried on for 5 days before I was able to contact their office.  I was giving them the benefit of the doubt in delays due to Song Kran holiday.  After a couple phone conversations and directions, they finally delivered the cards.  The driver's excuse.......................I didn't know where your town is.  No brains involved to possibly check the zip code, go to the post office  for that zip code, get directions and deliver the dang cards. 

Based on this performance, I would be hesitant to use them for any future shipping needs.  Especially if the delivery originates from the U.S. 

Thx, our town is normally not an issue with delivery with Fedex or any other delivery companies (Flash, Kerry, DHL etc)

I often use them as I have bad experiences with other methods with receiving goods from Europe, like Bank Access Code Calculators not arriving etc etc.  So Fedex is now my preferred way of getting/sending stuff. Usually they are on their game, but now apparently not!

If they just had said what is wrong (like closure of the Postal Office at BKK airport) (if that is reason?????) that would be more then enough, but they haven't, and for the Money paid (not cheap) for a delivery of a couple of papers I expected more then that.

Again @KhunBENQ thx for posting a viable reason to why it's so delayed!

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

"Possibility" that mail is being held at dispatch points as Thailand has notified its not accepting mail due to covid issues. It obviously doesnt want the backlog pililing up at swampy airport so "may" have instructed services to hold until things are cleared here.

• Like 1

I got a FedeX from the US right on time few weeks ago, and then after I received it, I got an e-mail from FedeX saying that my address is incomplete so they can't deliver it, need to correct the address.

I think they have a problem with the tracking system, delivery works fine but tracking doesn't. Same happened with a package from china, It was delivered to me, and then I checked the tracking site and it said it was still in custom clearance in China:)

One time I ordered something from Lasada that, according the tracking site, kept moving between a collection center in Prachuap Kiri Kan and Bangkok for a week, and then I received it at my home, far from where it supposedly was jumping back and forth:)

Edited by AlQaholic

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am sure it was also in the forum.

Very limited expensive service remain.

Surprised they didn't do this earlier: I sent documents to the UK via EMS on March 3rd --- eventually arrived April 12th. Up until the day before it was still showing "departed Bangkok March 5th". Probably by boat due to a lack of suitable flights. Doesn't help the OP but anyone needing to send documents, DHL is doing a fine job -- sent Monday, arrived Friday. NOT PARCELS!

22 hours ago, MJCM said:

I doubt it, but according to the tracker it's still in France and it's gets an update at least once a day

Will update this thread as soon as the tracker changes

fedex.JPG.d37b29a6346cd6c8289d0a61aa30b205.JPG

Edit: Other documents I have received through Fedex, go from Paris to their Hub in Guangzhou and then on-wards to Thailand

Had the same with my bank papers from UK a while ago.

All went to France. Stuck there for ages. Suddenly it went to China and a few days later, I got them.

It took around 6-7 weeks

Why are people commenting on "international mail" ? Fedex has  own aircraft dispatched to BKK and private distribution network. Cargo flights have been arriving constantly throughout the covid-19 crisis without interruption. Looks like another FDX flight from CAN Monday morning your package should be boarded on it.

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 18.29.31.png

Edited by Captain Monday

Update: Scheduled Delivery is again set to Pending and it's still in Samut Prakarn

????

Edit forgot the attachment

fedex_3.JPG.3e8702a67c79d024b3047344fe66031a.JPG

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

You can't make this .... up! ????

My wife just got a phone call from Fedex and they are delivering in the next hour or so!

They just called to ask for specific directions!

At the moment I am in the state of "seeing is believing" ????

Will report back

Update:

A Picture speaks more then a 1000 Words

fedex_4.JPG.be84ae475866f743f4cf2372ed31e2bf.JPG

So yes received, came by TNT!

Slowest yet, send around midday Friday 23th April and arrived May 5th. Total 12 days.

• Like 1