Thailand’s third COVID-19 wave has already peaked: CCSA

webfact

44 minutes ago, grandpa said:

I cannot understand how Thailand can control this virus so quickly when most of the rest of the world (who incidentally do a huge amount of testing by comparison) are still struggling to put the lid on it!  And if the figures are correct, why aren't world leaders calling in their droves to discover the secret of success?

Yes, it's wonderful -- amazing -- how the Thai Government has been able to overcome the UK variant so quickly -- I'm sure they are sending their "magic formula" to all parts of the globe now!

So now they've got the UK variant under control Thai scientists will already be working on the formula to defeat the "Indian" variant -- which is much more virulent and is killing hundreds of thousands of Indians every day -- even though Thailand's containment measures won't allow it to enter Thailand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If true, this is quite impressive work.  

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The number of cases peaked which is somewhat irrelevant and only related to the amount of testing.

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. Think.  If there are no cases, you can test at 100% and find no infections. If you have more cases, you will discover more of them with the same amount of tests.  In fact, while the number of cases is limited by not doing enough testing, if you test enough you can get a confidence which testing more will not improve.  In other words, the number of cases is related by by the amount of testing and the number of sick people.  If anything become  irrelevant with a fixed number of tests, it's the number of tests!  This trope needs to die.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Thai authorities need to package and sell their secret formula to defeating all strains of covid. One of the few countries in the world who can contain the UK variant in such a short time with no major restrictions. TIT, well done.

Just package up the Czar and send him to countries of concern.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The number of cases peaked which is somewhat irrelevant and only related to the amount of testing.

Thus: IF the number of people tested also peaked, it would make sense that the number of cases peaked. 

The ‘cases’ figures are highly misleading because they are purely related to the number of tests carried out. 

The true metric is ‘necessary hospitalisations’ those on ICU and deaths. 

Given Thailand’s testing methods and conclusion based on ‘test results’ alone is simply flawed. 

That was why i said if the testing method has been the same all the time. Otherwise.. no clue.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, grandpa said:

I cannot understand how Thailand can control this virus so quickly when most of the rest of the world (who incidentally do a huge amount of testing by comparison) are still struggling to put the lid on it!  And if the figures are correct, why aren't world leaders calling in their droves to discover the secret of success?

If numbers are true (big if) they indeed have haddle well! Reason if so, Thailand is not democratic country! Goverment can more fast oder restriction to people. Many other country had to make new laws because restriction's (what needed) are against their constitution.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s third wave of COVID-19 infections has already peaked and the overall situation is stabilizing, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Thursday.

We heard that last year after 1st wave, we heard it again after Xmas with the 2nd wave and now again with the 3rd wave... until the vaccine and inoculations are complete I have no doubt we will be hearing it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Could easily be that the possibility of being detained in a field hospital puts the fear of God into everyone and they comply with Covid mandates.

20000 baht is a better motivation.

In the village,  since that day I haven't seen anybody without a mask outside of the premises.

Trips to the amphoer are down to zero.

Visits to close relatives nearby, down to zero.

Nephew works in Chonburi and felt not well, wanted to come home - told in very clear terms to stay in Chonburi and get tested.

And in Bangkok? 

WFH

BTS often empty

Many people don't dare to go out of the house, or as little as possible.

It might work,  but I doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thailand needs to bottle the Formula for stopping Covid, and Market it worldwide.

A much bigger money spinner than all the Tourists and SB combined 

I really dont know why the rest of the World has not obtained the formula yet from Thailand, they still continue to battle the Covid 19 Virus, and allow Thousands to die, when Thailand has the answers.

33 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

If covid was running rampant in Thailand then we would see the hospitals overflowing with sick people.

We have all seen the horrific scenes from hospitals in India, Brazil, Italy and the UK to name a few.

Now I have no idea why in general south east asia seems to have been less affected. Maybe the virus does not like chili ????.  

people will stay at home and die there, will not show at the hospitals, hence the improbable low numbers

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

people will stay at home and die there, will not show at the hospitals, hence the improbable low numbers

Round here they set of fireworks when a household member dies. I would say (and yes this is purely anecdotal) that there are actually less fireworks being set off within earshot in the past year than normal. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

And get no funerals...because funerals are a very visible thing in Thailand...

Moving around my area I don't see or hear about any...but maybe they are all dying on the other side of the country...

• Like 2