Thailand’s third COVID-19 wave has already peaked: CCSA

webfact

If the peak was on 24th April and it has been declining since then, why is the infection total for the last 7 days 45% HIGHER than the preceding 7 days per Worldometers weekly trends?

Perhaps it has declined upwards

Screenshot_20210430_101350.jpg

Edited by mrfill
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Then why are the numbers in the hospitals for Covid rising and beds scarece for those needing treatment, and field hospitals and Hopitels filling up with folks.  General wards are for treatment of other than Covid .  The Covid patients number in the many of thousands as well as hundreds of those those in the ICU and then there are the few hundred of those on respirators, guess it is all smoke and mirrors.  Dream another dream and pinch yourself to wake up to the true reality.

Geez, I just posted the available Covid beds in Bangkok a few minutes ago. This report is from a few days ago:

954792820_04-30-21HospitalBedsinBKKTight3.jpg.9537efc463d4f474ca897ac2c1a0dd13.jpg

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

And get no funerals...because funerals are a very visible thing in Thailand...

Moving around my area I don't see or hear about any...but maybe they are all dying on the other side of the country...

country side, it's probably not as rampant as in cities, different population density

to think that Thais are immune to COVID or were not affected by COVID in great numbers thanks to lockdowns, Quarantine and the great government policies, it is being in denial, in true Thai style ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mrfill said:

If the peak was on 24th April and it has been declining since then, why is the infection total for the last 7 days 45% HIGHER than the preceding 7 days per Worldometers weekly trends?

Perhaps it has declined upwards

Screenshot_20210430_101350.jpg

You understand the difference between a daily trend and a weekly trend?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's 116,000 per one million according to worldometers up from 17,000 just over a month ago. 3rd larger wave due to increased testing.

I stand corrected. The figure I quoted came from a virologist at Chulalanonkorn. Obviously a different time scale. I'll go and edit my original post. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Can you not argue like an adult instead of throwing insults? All I can see is a difference of interpretation. Nobody is denying or faking. Chill.

Where is the insult.  If you do not believe the posted facts and stats that show the hospitals are full then your a denier, pure and simple.  One of many articles is attached to that post and I will link it for you as well.  They may not be full in all of Thailand but in Bangkok they sure are.

Covid-19 patients in Bangkok sent to other provinces due to overcrowded hospitals | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Can you not argue like an adult instead of throwing insults? All I can see is a difference of interpretation. Nobody is denying or faking. Chill.

Meanwhile, three minutes later...

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

You understand the difference between a daily trend and a weekly trend?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

How many thousands in a population of 70 million?

You understand that anyone who tests positive is whisked away and becomes a covid patient right?

They might be feeling fine and showing no symptoms but a positive test means you are now a patient.

Now even with that the hospitals are not bursting. 

Read some news reports, watch the news and then do some research to show you how wrong you are with the hospitals being full here in Bangkok.  They are sending people outside of bangkok to hospitals for treatment, and those who are asymptomatic are in field hospitals and now they are using Hospitels for those with non serious symptoms. But believe what you want.  I know and I see with my own eyes.

Covid-19 patients in Bangkok sent to other provinces due to overcrowded hospitals | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

https://www.ttgasia.com/2021/04/22/bangkok-hotels-turned-into-hospitels-amid-virus-spike/

5 minutes ago, retsdon said:

I stand corrected. The figure I quoted came from a virologist at Chulalanonkorn. Obviously a different time scale. I'll go and edit my original post. Thanks.

No worries, I look at worldometers for countries I'm interested in going to or have been to. I noticed it had gone up a lot.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That was a couple of days ago, its now well over 3.5k a day deaths and increasing daily but hey lets not concern ourselves eh, we can always compare it to developed countries with their healthcare advantage

The Indian government can not be trusted.

Modi has been cracking down on anyone who challenged the official narrative.

A DW report from Delhi said there was at least 3 times as many deaths as announced 

It could actually be a LOT worse.

"The number of Covid-protocol funerals from graveyards and crematoriums in small towns and cities suggest a death toll up to 30 times higher than the official count."

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/apr/28/crime-against-humanity-arundhati-roy-india-covid-catastrophe

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

But everyone is still getting a hospital place. No one is dying in car parks outside hospitals like in India, which is what many posters are implying. A few isolated cases have died at home but the healthcare system in Thailand is not overwhelmed like in Brazil.

Stop trying to compare here with India and Brazil.  Population density is nowhere close.  If the hospitals treating patients for Covid were not full, in the wards used for treating covid patients, then they would not need to transfer the patients to hospitals outside of Bangkok is all I am saying.  General ward beds are used for the treatment of those who need hospitalization but do not have Covid, and those wards are outside of the Covid treatment units.  You guys are stuck in comparing countries.  Thailand is not in Brazil or India.  Now move along.....

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Stop trying to compare here with India and Brazil.  Population density is nowhere close.

This needs some supporting data, methinks!    

Do you mean on average, or in the big cities, or what?  

And Why is this density relevant?   What effects does it have?

20 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

to think that Thais are immune to COVID or were not affected by COVID in great numbers thanks to lockdowns, Quarantine and the great government policies, it is being in denial, in true Thai style ????

This is a bold statement backed by...nothing!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1