New restrictions in place in Chonburi, permission needed for travel out of province

snoop1130

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Nice edit Brian, if you can be bothered to look on the site and go back through some articles and do the math, all the figures you need are from there.They do a daily update from the Chonburi Covid centre.

I think most on here are at more risk from dying of stress than covid with their infatuation for bad news.

Of course its edited if I see an update.......duh. Its not an infatuation for bad news its accurate reporting of Positive case percentages, numbers that needs to be backed up with the actual statistics. I do not like to see estimates without those otherwise its pure speculation. Or would you prefer that?

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, sungod said:

A bit harsh, all the info is on the Pattaya News website if people can be bothered to find it, all that's needed is a little self help.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/02/chonburi-covid-19-cases-drop-again-with-89-confirmed-new-cases-of-covid-19-today/

From yesterday, 241 contact tracing, 1609 pro active.

89 positive.

4.8%

How can you get 4.8% positive from that when the tests are pending results, please explain this to me?

"1609 people were being tested in proactive testing when medical staff goes out into the community. All are pending results. Additionally, another 902 people were tested from mobile testing vans and are also waiting for results as officials step up aggressive community testing."

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/02/chonburi-covid-19-cases-drop-again-with-89-confirmed-new-cases-of-covid-19-today/

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

How can you get 4.8% positive from that when the tests are pending results, please explain this to me?

"1609 people were being tested in proactive testing when medical staff goes out into the community. All are pending results. Additionally, another 902 people were tested from mobile testing vans and are also waiting for results as officials step up aggressive community testing."

well done, you found the website.

Sorry the figures aren't high enough for you.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

well done, you found the website.

Sorry the figures aren't high enough for you.

I don't care what the figures are, they can be 1 - 30%.

But to get them you need the numbers of test results, they are not there despite you claiming they are and even giving a 4.8% positive rate, where do you get that from, you failed to answer, good deflection but try again?

Here's the paragraph again for you:

"1609 people were being tested in proactive testing when medical staff goes out into the community. All are pending results. Additionally, another 902 people were tested from mobile testing vans and are also waiting for results as officials step up aggressive community testing."

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't care what the figures are, they can be 1 - 30%.

But to get them you need the numbers of test results, they are not there despite you claiming they are and even giving a 4.8% positive rate, where do you get that from, you failed to answer, good deflection but try again?

Stop working yourself into a tissy fit, hows that?

3 minutes ago, sungod said:

The results of the tests are how many positive tests there are, simple really.

Yes, you get that bit right, so how did you get to 4.8% when the test results are not through yet, where did that figure come from?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes, you get that bit right, so how did you get to 4.8% when the test results are not through yet, where did that figure come from?

OK Brian, you win, we will all be dead by the end of the week.

4 hours ago, sungod said:

A bit harsh, all the info is on the Pattaya News website if people can be bothered to find it, all that's needed is a little self help.

From yesterday, 241 contact tracing, 1609 pro active.

89 positive.

4.8%

There's no need to search as you've done the hard work for us. Thank you.

Do you know if the hours between 11pm and 4am are official curfew hours?

Edited by tropo

4 hours ago, smedly said:

Thailand are not doing (mass) random testing or even remotely close, you clearly either don't understand what it is or are just trolling and baiting on these threads to wind people up

Chonburi is doing more than 1,000 random samples a day, recently doing 2,500 samples. That's plenty for Chonburi. 

Bangkok is doing more than 1,000 samples a day in Klong Toey. 

How samples needed to generate a normal curve, do you know? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Maybe my best option would be to try doing my 90 days report online. As I'm not really IT savvy is there a simple way this can be done. As in signing the document and scanning prior to sending. Thanks.

PS : I don't own a printer/scanner.

4 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

Maybe my best option would be to try doing my 90 days report online. As I'm not really IT savvy is there a simple way this can be done. As in signing the document and scanning prior to sending. Thanks.

If the online system is working you do not need to print/sign/scan any documents.

Step 1. Go to https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm
Read the bulletin and check “*I have read and fully understand the above terms and conditions” and agree to accept them.

Step 2. Click “Notification of Staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.”

Step 3. The first page is personal information and travel information. Most of it is easy. Two small details here. First, on entering Nationality. Click inside of the box on Nationality and type just the first letter of your nationality. A list of nationalities will show up. Just pick the one you apply visa or visa extension with. Second, I know this sounds strange, but leave the “Flight number” box BLANK. It’s not a required information and you will not able to proceed until you left the box blank.

Step 4. The second page is the visa information and the present address. Most of it is easy. On visa information, you may leave “Select Service” blank since I have no clue what it is. The way to enter an address is the same with nationality. Just click inside the box and type the first letter.

Step 5. The third page is for you to review your information. If everything is OK, click “Accept”
If not, click the blue bar on the left that says “Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.”

Step 6. The fourth page is for you to keep a record. Scroll down to a print button, a blue button with a white printer icon on it. Click it. Once you did, a PDF file with the word “PENDING” on the upper right-hand side will show up. Save the file.

Step 7. Your online reporting is complete.

Borrowed from here.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

If the online system is working you do not need to print/sign/scan any documents.

Step 1. Go to https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm
Read the bulletin and check “*I have read and fully understand the above terms and conditions” and agree to accept them.

Step 2. Click “Notification of Staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.”

Step 3. The first page is personal information and travel information. Most of it is easy. Two small details here. First, on entering Nationality. Click inside of the box on Nationality and type just the first letter of your nationality. A list of nationalities will show up. Just pick the one you apply visa or visa extension with. Second, I know this sounds strange, but leave the “Flight number” box BLANK. It’s not a required information and you will not able to proceed until you left the box blank.

Step 4. The second page is the visa information and the present address. Most of it is easy. On visa information, you may leave “Select Service” blank since I have no clue what it is. The way to enter an address is the same with nationality. Just click inside the box and type the first letter.

Step 5. The third page is for you to review your information. If everything is OK, click “Accept”
If not, click the blue bar on the left that says “Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.”

Step 6. The fourth page is for you to keep a record. Scroll down to a print button, a blue button with a white printer icon on it. Click it. Once you did, a PDF file with the word “PENDING” on the upper right-hand side will show up. Save the file.

Step 7. Your online reporting is complete.

Borrowed from here.

Thanks for your info Ralf, I tried what you suggested and got a message to say that I should contact my local Immigration Branch. I've held a Thai visa for 20 years and I've done many 90 days reports so I don't understand what the problem is.

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2021 at 6:19 PM, snoop1130 said:

For many expats living in Pattaya and the surrounding area the nearest offices to submit your request will be at Banglamung District Office and the Muang Pattaya District Office, which are open from 8.30am to 4pm daily.

Can someone tell me where these offices are?  Thanks

1 hour ago, Mason45 said:

I did mine online yesterday and it went fine with near instant approval. Fill the form in here....a printer useful but not obligatory. 

17 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

Thanks for your info Ralf, I tried what you suggested and got a message to say that I should contact my local Immigration Branch. I've held a Thai visa for 20 years and I've done many 90 days reports so I don't understand what the problem is.

From what I recall of other people who've had problems with the online reporting, it seems to usually be because the info you enter online doesn't match what is in their system already, so they want you to appear in person.

The information can be something simple it seems, like a different address or phone number. Or maybe you have a different passport number than what was in the system when you did your last 90 day.

Remember that the info in their (90 day) system is probably from back when you first had to submit that form (TM.47) with all your info on it when you did your first 90 day report (years ago most likely).
When you go in to do you 90 Days in person, they only see your passport number. If you change addresses or phone numbers, they wouldn't know it.

Yes, I know. You give "them" (Immigration) that info when you (or your landlord) submitted the TM.28 (or 30) or you did an Extension (or whatever).

However, it seems that each section in Immigration is on a different database for some reason. (Yes, I know, it should all be on one database that they should all be accessing in real time but it doesn't seem to work like that for whatever reason.)

As a result, the "Desk 8" (Retirement Extensions) may have your up-to-date information on their computers, but "Desk 4" (90 Day Reports) on the other side of the room uses a different program/database and is using the information you may have submitted years earlier. And that is the program/database that the Online system probably uses so it can be out of date even though you've just given "them" your most current information days earlier.

I've noticed this in the past when I've had a new passport and did a new Extension, but the "90 Day" desk still had to enter the new passport info manually.

Why it's like that I don't know. Perhaps from some legacy program or procedure that no one has ever thought to modernize. Maybe someone, somewhere, consulted a fortune teller that told him to keep things as they had been for the last 40 years and they have.

(Properly, any desk in Immigration should be able to enter your passport number and pull up all your latest details. Of course, all their forms should be "auto-fill" documents where that information is automatically entered into the correct places as soon as they open them. Would be a lot quicker and more efficient but hey, This is Thailand !!)

(I tried to explain this to Bangkok Bank as well. I swear they are still using old ASCII menus (pre-Windows) and every time I need to do something, they have to manually fill in all the documents with the same info they have sitting on their computer. If their forms were automated, it would save them a lot of time and effort (and cut down on mistakes and translation errors).

Give them another 20+ years and they may get there !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

From what I recall of other people who've had problems with the online reporting, it seems to usually be because the info you enter online doesn't match what is in their system already, so they want you to appear in person.

The information can be something simple it seems, like a different address or phone number. Or maybe you have a different passport number than what was in the system when you did your last 90 day.

Remember that the info in their (90 day) system is probably from back when you first had to submit that form (TM.47) with all your info on it when you did your first 90 day report (years ago most likely).
When you go in to do you 90 Days in person, they only see your passport number. If you change addresses or phone numbers, they wouldn't know it.

Yes, I know. You give "them" (Immigration) that info when you (or your landlord) submitted the TM.28 (or 30) or you did an Extension (or whatever).

However, it seems that each section in Immigration is on a different database for some reason. (Yes, I know, it should all be on one database that they should all be accessing in real time but it doesn't seem to work like that for whatever reason.)

As a result, the "Desk 8" (Retirement Extensions) may have your up-to-date information on their computers, but "Desk 4" (90 Day Reports) on the other side of the room uses a different program/database and is using the information you may have submitted years earlier. And that is the program/database that the Online system probably uses so it can be out of date even though you've just given "them" your most current information days earlier.

I've noticed this in the past when I've had a new passport and did a new Extension, but the "90 Day" desk still had to enter the new passport info manually.

Why it's like that I don't know. Perhaps from some legacy program or procedure that no one has ever thought to modernize. Maybe someone, somewhere, consulted a fortune teller that told him to keep things as they had been for the last 40 years and they have.

(Properly, any desk in Immigration should be able to enter your passport number and pull up all your latest details. Of course, all their forms should be "auto-fill" documents where that information is automatically entered into the correct places as soon as they open them. Would be a lot quicker and more efficient but hey, This is Thailand !!)

(I tried to explain this to Bangkok Bank as well. I swear they are still using old ASCII menus (pre-Windows) and every time I need to do something, they have to manually fill in all the documents with the same info they have sitting on their computer. If their forms were automated, it would save them a lot of time and effort (and cut down on mistakes and translation errors).

Give them another 20+ years and they may get there !

Getting back to my original question has anyone travelled on the Bangkok-Pattaya motorway recently free from road blocks. I just need to get to Pattaya to renew my 90 days report, I don't care if I get stuck in Pattaya as I own my own condo in Naklua. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Getting back to my original question has anyone travelled on the Bangkok-Pattaya motorway recently free from road blocks. I just need to get to Pattaya to renew my 90 days report, I don't care if I get stuck in Pattaya as I own my own condo in Naklua. Thanks.

Yep just got home, Jomtien to Wireless road and back, no police roadblocks to be seen.

• Like 1

I returned to Bangkok today. I applied for the papers yesterday, just in case. It was pretty easy, but still quite a hassle to get to the Banglamung District Office and of course you have to queue up with lots of people.

I went back via the motorway and, no real surprise, there was no sign of any checkpoints and nobody asked for my papers. But of course things may change over the next few days. The route I took was Central Pattaya Road, Sukhumvit Road and straight onto Route 7.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mason45 said:

I'm not sure about roadblocks but you have to be wary of people threatening to jump from the overhead gantries just outside Pattaya, it was on TMN news this morning, they had to shut the road from what I could see and got a cherry picker in to get him down before he made a mess on the Tarmac below, apparently he was upset cos his mum told him off for something.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:50 PM, NewGuy said:

We went to Pattaya City Hall, Pattaya Neua, this morning, left side of the building itself, 100 metres back. Did the usual temperature, name and phone number, given 2 sheets to fill in, sat down at a desk, got it done thanks to the help of a uniformed young lady (she used her phone’s translate app to help with some items). Boy, do they need a forms designer. Had the finished forms checked at 3 desks and got the red stamp at the last one. Good to go for the travel date I entered. My passport was needed. There were 20-30 people there, just a couple of westerners. Painless.

Travelled to BKK today. Getting the permit to leave was easy indeed. No one asked a reason for the trip, the only question was asked "do you have a passport?" (the empty case would work LOL although I really had it with me) The lady assigned a guy to help me with filling the forms that were Thai-lang only. Few mins for all the process

The funny thing is that there were no checkpoints on the highway ???? Maybe because of the holiday, not sure. But anyway, it's nothing like that article @ pattayanews described it 555

Edited by ViajeroLA

hello i too like some people have relitives staying , can they go home ? and if they can do the people taking them need a seprate form ? or all on one form whos going ?I also i read on the bang kok post this form was available to download on line , but i cant find it . would be nice to know waht they are asking .. it did say this form would have to be signed by certein groups of people Eg head of poilce ... 

even the form down load number would be good so i can find it ,, 

2 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

hello i too like some people have relitives staying , can they go home ? and if they can do the people taking them need a seprate form ? or all on one form whos going ?I also i read on the bang kok post this form was available to download on line , but i cant find it . would be nice to know waht they are asking .. it did say this form would have to be signed by certein groups of people Eg head of poilce ... 

even the form down load number would be good so i can find it ,, 

I think this is the form:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4An7_iOfXUKRcM6mo2ur7CCqsJh5CBd/view?fbclid=IwAR1lFMMmdOOKuCwXjsOPxw2Wsl9zLuIdr1jVHXEUvWEGe7xsX0pYIFEiCPc

แบบคำขอเดินทาง.pdf

And from the PR Pattaya site: (Note: Google Translated so there are parts that may not make sense and no, I don't know what they mean by "voucher")

"Pattaya City opens a service to get documents for travel out of the highest control area.

From the current coronavirus 2019 or COVID-19 epidemic, infected statistics continue to control the epidemic in the highest and strict control area. We ask for cooperation from people to reduce the risk of the outbreak if it's going to risk the outbreak. There is a need to travel out of the area for you to request documents. Certificate of expedition is necessary. Please contact...

1. voucher - home adults

2. Local Governing Organizations

***(Pattaya city: Pattaya political Salawa around the back building area, 1th floor)

3. at Bang Lamung Sheriff

On government day and time (08.30-16.30 hrs. Not except public holidays)

Documents to be prepared...

1. National ID card

2. medical appointment.

3. Documents Needed to Show Officers

I wish that people don't careless about cards. Don't fall for wearing a hygienic mask every time. Wash your hands often. Eat hot spoon. Social distance.

Ask for more details at Pattaya Contact Center 24 1337 hours."

https://www.facebook.com/Prpattayacity/