Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

New restrictions in place in Chonburi, permission needed for travel out of province


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Good news.

I just heard on the radio that they've scrapped that travel permission thing.

 

That the one that was not policed ?

 

<deleted> clowns.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And how many cases will be caused by people queuing at Government offices to get permits to leave?   Trying to fight a virus with bureaucracy is like trying to fight a fire by throwing paper

Stay calm folks, and remember, this is not a lockdown.  🤣

Yes - you can check in, but you can never leave.   If entry to Chonburi in uncontrolled, but exit is restricted, then eventually everyone will be stuck in Chonburi.  It's like a black hole .

Posted Images

On 5/1/2021 at 7:18 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Here you go Ryan. Real information.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

As you can see by deaths per million of the population.

India 163

Uk 1871

USA 1781.

As I said, blown out of all proportion.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see it's been revoked but incase anyone wants to know I got the bus yesterday, nobody wanted to see my pass and travelling back today there was no issue entering Chonburi (not that I thought there would be). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh good, so infected people are allowed to pour in and out of town now.... what is it, Issarn food market on Beach Rd?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pauliewall said:

I can see it's been revoked but incase anyone wants to know I got the bus yesterday, nobody wanted to see my pass and travelling back today there was no issue entering Chonburi (not that I thought there would be). 

 

The pass was needed to leave Chonburi.... but was a non event.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 1:19 PM, bkk6060 said:

They will be far away from central Pattaya and never see it.

Isolated in a bubble and tested in an unknown hotel away from the city.

 

Correct 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never found whether or not we can travel into Chonburi from Bangkok and then return to Bangkok without any special needs or certificates.  We wanted to take the daughter for a trip to Nong Nooch Gardens before school restarts, spend the night nearby and then return to Bangkok the next afternoon. Can anyone give me any new info regarding this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Never found whether or not we can travel into Chonburi from Bangkok and then return to Bangkok without any special needs or certificates.  We wanted to take the daughter for a trip to Nong Nooch Gardens before school restarts, spend the night nearby and then return to Bangkok the next afternoon. Can anyone give me any new info regarding this.

No checkpoints AFAIAA, but think Nong Nooch will remain closed while Chonburi is classed as Deep Red

 

PH

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Never found whether or not we can travel into Chonburi from Bangkok and then return to Bangkok without any special needs or certificates.  We wanted to take the daughter for a trip to Nong Nooch Gardens before school restarts, spend the night nearby and then return to Bangkok the next afternoon. Can anyone give me any new info regarding this.

No problem making the trip as there are no checks... although I doubt if Nong Nooch is open.

But you know what, considering the high infection numbers in Bangkok and surrounds do you really think it prudent to even consider such a trip? 

 

Edited by jacko45k
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Phulublub said:

No checkpoints AFAIAA, but think Nong Nooch will remain closed while Chonburi is classed as Deep Red

 

PH

Nong Nooch returned a call to my GF yesterday and told her they were open, they even sent her a reduced coupon for entry.  It was why I posed the question, as It had been a plan prior to this wave hitting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No problem making the trip as there are no checks... although I doubt if Nong Nooch is open.

But you know what, considering the high infection numbers in Bangkok and surrounds do you really think it prudent to even consider such a trip? 

 

Thank you.  Prudent, well maybe not in your view, but if we do stay clear of all others it can be done.  Driving our own vehicle, staying in a hotel over night possibly and then driving back.  Not so much different than staying here is Bangkok, using the car to drive to the market and buy food stuffs or shop in the mall with no one around while wearing the proper gear and sanitizing, or even going on the evening runs we do.  Very few people around in the Sathorn Area, and Icon Siam was deserted yesterday, it was actually nice to get out and walk inside a large mall.  Closest we were to anyone was through the plastic screen at the checkouts where we bought items.  No one inside but us as customers but plenty of staff standing around in their sections playing on their phones.  I see no reason why it could not be done if all precautions were taken.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 10:13 PM, Kinnock said:

It's like a black hole ..... with a beach.

Which disappears when it rains.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen a Facebook post from a nearby restaurant I use and he seems to think he can open for dine in from today. Now it was in Thai so plenty of opportunity for error. I was of the impression there MIGHT be a decision today to allow some dine in for the deep red zones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...