New restrictions in place in Chonburi, permission needed for travel out of province

snoop1130

Just now, connda said:

Force people inside again where viral loads and the chances of contracting the virus are the highest, and close the outdoor beaches where UV light and fresh air are plentiful and the viral loads and the chance of contracting the virus are the lowest - and then cite "Science!"  Whoever comes up with these restrictions must use the "science" of reading frog entrails and tea leaves. 

At least they are hampering the ability of people in Dark-Red-Zones from traveling outside the provinces to infect the uninfected like the government did, purposefully or due to unconscionable negligence, during Songkran  by allowing them to travel throughout Thailand which created this mess in the first place (why doesn't anyone talk about the obvious?).  In addition to having permission to leave, those from Dark-Red-Zones should be tested before being allowed to cross the provincial borders.

Yeah, policy through reading tea leaves pretty much sums it up.  No vaccines except for the privileged and provide the commoners with the herbal remedy "Craet" instead of the more expensive anti-viral reserved for Thailand's special people.  Talk about mismanagement bordering on criminal.  But?  Who cares if the 'little people' die as long as the upper-crust has access to vaccines and top-notch hospitalization.  Commoners get Craet and Covid Concentration Camps and a knee on the neck.

Ummm....this is to keep people at home to stop the spread of the virus. I hope you are aware it can spread even if you are on the beach.

What a rant.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Just doing the math and trying to keep it real, rational and in some sone semblance of perspective. With nearly 18% of the population of EARTH, the number of total deaths in India is an extremely low percentage. A tiny fraction of 1%. 

The overreaction panic craze (and crowd) here is absolutely mind blowing. 

So we should completely ignore these deaths along with the recent event in Israel then?

People don't want their relatives to die, nor the possibility completely ignored.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, bullseye66 said:

India has a very low death rate compared to other countries. It's the MSM blowing it up as usual.

True, about #120 by that measure, but #1 for daily deaths  and new infections for the last few days. Weekly cases in India are increasing by 23%... Thailand is +34%. 

• Like 2

So, anyone can come in, but only those with good reason can go out? Are they looking to ratchet their numbers up? It sounds like the Hotel California - “you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave...”

4 minutes ago, LennyW said:

I just went from Rayong province to Chonburi province (Pattaya) and back to Rayong province ......guess what ...... not a checkpoint in sight, no issues at all!

Did you tell them:

Do you know who I am?

1 hour ago, fleccer said:

That's right, no mention of that in any media Furthermore many people are just travelled due to 1st May and many of them entered in Chonburi, do they will stuck in there and so can't return to their homes? When has this order been issued? During last night? So I have to believe that they never sleep .The source please!

Paragraph 5.4 of the order says roughly (via Google translate)

5.4 People must refrain from traveling outside the area without necessity. To reduce travel That may be at risk of contracting the disease And if there is an unavoidable necessity, notify and request a certified document Necessity at the district, local government organization, local village headman According to the government Set to show to the staff

14 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Yes - you can check in, but you can never leave.

If entry to Chonburi in uncontrolled, but exit is restricted, then eventually everyone will be stuck in Chonburi.  It's like a black hole ..... with a beach.

Struggling to understand how this helps to control COVID.

This is like the old ad slogan for the pest product “Cockroach Motel” in the US “You check in once but you never check out” ...

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Paragraph 5.4 of the order says roughly (via Google translate)

5.4 People must refrain from traveling outside the area without necessity. To reduce travel That may be at risk of contracting the disease And if there is an unavoidable necessity, notify and request a certified document Necessity at the district, local government organization, local village headman According to the government Set to show to the staff

I demand the source or do I have to consider it a fake news?

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, vienaurora said:

How about local tourists in Pattaya? Are they also required to get the letter when they want to go back to their own provinces?

Not to worry, it's a long WE after all... 555555 Stay a while

4 hours ago, DefaultName said:

I can go to the shops, 

I can order food.

I have TV,

I have books.

Non-issue really, I miss the company of bars, but it won't kill me not to have it for a few weeks.

No pomplem.

@DefaultName i admire your optimism but i fear its gonna be a lot longer than a few weeks, more likely a few months at the very least, going by previous experience.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LennyW said:

I just went from Rayong province to Chonburi province (Pattaya) and back to Rayong province ......guess what ...... not a checkpoint in sight, no issues at all!

@LennyW well it has only just started, thailand do everything last minute, so no doubt the checkpoints will be in by monday

16 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@DefaultName i admire your optimism but i fear its gonna be a lot longer than a few weeks, more likely a few months at the very least, going by previous experience.

We have had 2 prior 'lockdowns', and my recollections are they did not last so long. Openings were phased.. we got the restaurants, the MPs, then bars with reduced hours.

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

We have had 2 prior 'lockdowns', and my recollections are they did not last so long. Opening were phased.. we got the restaurants, the MPs, then bars with reduced hours.

@jacko45k obviously your memory isnt very good, the first lockdown was still going even when they had no cases for 2 months and even when it started the numbers were nowhere near what they are now,they were a lot lower, so again i will say this will be a lot longer than a few weeks, mark my words. i really do hope im wrong but the lockdown has kicked in when the number have already started going down so that doesnt bode well, i think they're looking to get them down to zero again and stable at zero for a while,  so that will be a few months at least.

5.2 Stop using the seaside area, beach, reservoir, park in Chonburi province. It's a gathering place to eat or eat all kinds of drinks except for exercise and sports.

Does this mean it's OK to be on the beach, or it's NOT ok?  this is obviously a terrible translation from whatever the order is.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bangsaenguy said:

I think he meant a reliable source. Facebook? Pattaya News i

21 minutes ago, fleccer said:

I've already read it but Facebook is just a social media, it's not a television or newspaper. Anyway I don't have Facebook

s hardly reliable considering it's ownership

Look at the original in Thai using the link below. It's a pdf file. The translation was posted on the Pattaya news Facebook page, as it is an English language news service. The below link was also posted the end of the translation.

https://www.chonburipr.net/attachments/view/?attach_id=282658

3 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

5.2 Stop using the seaside area, beach, reservoir, park in Chonburi province. It's a gathering place to eat or eat all kinds of drinks except for exercise and sports.

Does this mean it's OK to be on the beach, or it's NOT ok?  this is obviously a terrible translation from whatever the order is.

Just look and see for your self.