New restrictions in place in Chonburi, permission needed for travel out of province

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, fleccer said:

You said that you'll be surprised if they will be revoked the restrictions in two weeks. Sorry if I misunderstood

Ok.  Yes, I said that.  It means, I believe the restrictions will stay in place a lot longer than 2 weeks.  It costs the Thai government nothing to leave them in place, so why wouldn't they?  

9 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

And with the LPGA golf taking place in Pattaya next week and the best pro female players in the world flying in will they get stuck in the Pattaya Black hole 

Those that travel will probably be kept in a 'bubble' similar to the one they are currently encountering in Singapore. Hotel to Golf course and back to hotel each day. Not sure the Americans, Koreans et al will fancy coming to a hotspot like Pattaya though. Singapore only has a few cases. 

Let's suppose that I don't receive  newsletters from the Thai visa, therefore I don't know anything about this alleged decree. No news, either by newspapers or TV. So let's suppose that tomorrow I leave to Bangkok. 

14 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Did that happen to you?

It didn't happen to me. On two trips between Chonburi and Buriram I was not challenged once.

Yes, last lock down there were signs in English at the ticket counter for buses leaving to Bangkok saying that you need a permission letter leaving Chonburi to bored the bus.

This on-off red zone bs will just decimate even more local businesses. You can't run a business with one month open, then suddenly with little warning another one month closed. Thailand's economy will crash hard. 

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Has nothing to do with young or old but total number. Yeah an old guy with a failing heart gets Covid and dies 2 days earlier is no doubt tragic death caused by Covid , if there was no Covid he would have lived extra 2 days . Woohooo

The total numbers are rising daily.  The western world has basically honest reporting so the number of deaths due to Covid are are around 2 million.  Asia is less forthcoming but the numbers will equal and exceed the west.  The bottom line is that millions are and have died.  Thailand is now reaping the negative benefits of allowing outsiders into the kingdom during the recent past.  The only way to stop this pandemic is to close the borders before it arrives.  China should have had all travel banned a year ago to stop the spread.

16 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

The Pattaya News

1tS0ponlsoonlhred  · 

Final new Chonburi orders. There is not much change from the prior orders and CCSA orders and what we announced this afternoon. We will give a brief overview on tomorrow mornings video and daily Covid19 update but as very little has changed besides the national and prior directions we won't translate it tonight due to the late release. We will talk about checkpoints, beaches, outdoor exercise areas tomorrow morning.

+2

สำนักงานประชาสัมพันธ์จังหวัดชลบุรี - Chonburi PR

1tS1ponlsoonlhred  · 

The order of the Kor Kor. The epidemic of Chonburi province, 20/2564th, dated 30 April 2564

1. to cancel the order. The epidemic of Chonburi province. The 1/2564th is dated at 4 m. July 64 at 11/2564 dated 29 m. July 64, 18/2564th, dated 16 April. Nov. 64 and 19/2564 dated 17 Apr. Nov. 64

2. close the following locations

2.1 Entertainment service, pub, bar, karaoke, business, shower, massage.

2.2 rooster field. Practicing for boxing chicken everywhere.

2.3 cinemas, cinema, algae theater.

2.4 Snooker table, billiard, bowling, roller, blade everywhere.

2.5 Game shop, internet shop, computer service, game cabinet.

2.6 swimming pools, water parks, indoor and outdoor amusement parks.

2.7 Banquet service room, catering site

2.8. nursery, elderly care facility.

2.9 Phra market, Buddha statue, Buddha statue, everywhere.

2.10 Healthy Massage, Reflexology, traditional massage, spa, beauty clinic, weight loss service, tattoo, skin drill or any part of your body.

3. Set control measures for event venture locations to open under conditions.

3.1 Restaurant, drink cart, mineral, floating panel, restaurant, food park, cafeteria. Open for sale. Only take back to eat elsewhere. It can be opened until 21.00 pm. Refrain from eating alcoholic beverages and beverages in the shop.

3.2 Close the stadium, gym, gym, gym, fitness, except the stadium or gym location in the empty area. Open up no later than 21.00 pm. Competition can be held without audience

3.3 malls, commune malls. Open regular hours until 21.00 pm. Except for the game cabinet, playground, game shop and amusement park. Must stop servicing.

3.4 convenience stores open 24 hours for service 04.00 until 23.00 pm.

3.5 convenience stores, supermarkets, flea market, night market, river market, walking street. Open to operate normally but not over 23.00 pm.

4. Other locations besides No. 3, the owner of the site or responsible for doing the following.

4.1 Temperature measurement or screening of patients with pathway system.

4.2 Wear cloth mask or hygienic mask.

4.3 Distance between people at least 1 meters and limit the number of participants.

4.4 Make it happen with soap or hand washing alcohol gel.

4.5 Cleaning the place before the event.

4.6 Register to get in and out with the government's application.

5. Prohibited or organised events

5.1 Let people wear a sanitary mask when outside of Kehstan or in public or into community places all the time.

5.2 Stop using the seaside area, beach, reservoir, park in Chonburi province. It's a gathering place to eat or eat all kinds of drinks except for exercise and sports.

5.3 Don't organize events with more than 20 people gathering.

5.4 For people to stop travelling out of the area unnecessarily. If you need to avoid, inform about the documentation of the necessity at the district, local governance organization. The village's village's adult

5.5 Let the public stop catering, party, party, except traditional or family events.

5.6 Do not use the building or location of any school or school to organize the teaching, training, examination or any activity.

5.7 Government head in Chonburi province is prohibited.

6. Government sector that needs to serve many people and risk the epidemic. Provincial epidemic to consider orders to fit the situation.

7. flea marketplace, marketplace that doesn't open every day to have strictly controlled measures to prevent the epidemic.

8. Let local governing organisations in the area supervise market neatness.

9. markets in private sector governance for local governance organisations in the area to supervise neatness according to 7

10. measures to prevent the COVID-19 epidemic in establishments.

10.1 In case employee comes back from landscape or other provinces and comes back to work. The establishment / employer must take the following measures.

(1) Employees report travel information to employers. It consists of date, time, place, travel and daily activities.

(2) Establishment / employer must assess which employee is at risk or suspect that they are infected with COVID-19 because they are close to the infected person or go to crowded places that are risky for diseases like pub barcara. Oke, dense flea market, etc. holds 14 days in accommodation or places employer provides, allowing for sick leave or annual vacations or as agreed to observe symptoms. Employers must report to public health in the area. Too.

10.2 establishments / employers must provide public relations advice for preventing COVID-19 infections to employees. Provide alcohol gel soap or handwash points and all employees to wear hygienic mask all the time. Temperature and screening all employees before entering into their hands. Works including contact or attendants following public health measures.

10.3 cases risk of an outbreak in establishments such as many sick employees, consider pausing all or partially manufacturing services.

10.4 cases of establishments / employers provide accommodation for employees to prevent the COVID-19 epidemic in accordance with strict public health measures.

10.5 Let establishments consider taking work from home (work from home) accordingly.

11. Legalized migrant workers to travel across provincial areas under the following conditions.

11.1 Migrant workers 2 Groups. Business is 1) Cargo and 2) Construction contractor.

11.2 Before moving, you need to check COVID-19 by employer. Responsible and moving only for non-infected people.

11.3 Business owners must investigate the provincial provincial measures to move and follow the provincial guidelines.

12. Let the people, business owners, entrepreneurs take action considering working outside the location.

13. Let every district sheriff set up the center for Disease Control at district level (Prof. A.D. )

disobeyed, not following the orders, penalty according to the proposal. The epidemic of 2558 including the guilty of the blessing. Emergency 2548 and other laws involved

From May 1, 2564 until the order changes.

Download the order https://www.chonburipr.net/attachments/view/...

2.3 What is an algae theater?

On 4/30/2021 at 6:26 PM, anchadian said:

How would this work?

Would they need to check all cars, bikes, trains, buses and airports that leave the province for the required document?  Surely not.

Perhaps somebody can enlighten me.

Ooops….they didn't think of that …OR maybe they did and said screw it!!!

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

They can keep these restrictions in place for several months, reason being, they are reasonably effective in stopping the spread, and they do not unlock welfare payments, which I am sure these current restrictions were design not to do. 

I will be surprised if they are lifted in 2 weeks time.   

God forbid the army actually felt compelled to come to the aid of the masses without work. 

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What are you on about, Oh yeah Covid does not exist in your view to shorten someone's life as they were going to die anyway, is that your point?

He seems to be able to predict how much longer a person will live had they not contracted Covid to move things along, quite magical. 

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

He seems to be able to predict how much longer a person will live had they not contracted Covid to move things along, quite magical. 

Must be a party to the magic that says the 3rd wave has peaked then as well.

15 hours ago, BestB said:

Has nothing to do with young or old but total number. Yeah an old guy with a failing heart gets Covid and dies 2 days earlier is no doubt tragic death caused by Covid , if there was no Covid he would have lived extra 2 days . Woohooo

Or he could have lived for another 2 years.............

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BestB said:

Covid is not a killer virus that requires world lockdown. 98% recovery rate is perfect evidence of that. But do not let facts in a way of good fear mongering and sheeple behaviour 

Research long Covid and talk to us again after you see the effects of covid. It is nothing like you think.  Stop with the false info of folks being steeple and stating the facts we provide as fearmongering.  Enjoy your life unimpeded by your own views.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Imagine a world that is overrun by covid, Brazil, Mexico, India, Italy, all in the same state as they were, each country suffering the same at the same time. 

Food would run out, medical supplies finished, oxygen finished, mass deaths and sickness, health services destroyed, the list goes on.................

Or stop the worst of that with the measures implemented? Which do you think is better? Its not quite as simple as throw away remarks labeling people sheeple. Infact it shows your total ignorance of the facts.

According to him we are sheeple and fearmongering. Amazing.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wilai said:

Those that travel will probably be kept in a 'bubble' similar to the one they are currently encountering in Singapore. Hotel to Golf course and back to hotel each day. Not sure the Americans, Koreans et al will fancy coming to a hotspot like Pattaya though. Singapore only has a few cases. 

Plenty of big names coming; most of those now competing in Singapore. Big prize money and fighting for a place in the Olympics has drawn them in, particularly the Koreans. They will be islolated in their hotel (normally Dusit Thani) and be chauffer driven to and from the course.

Are we going discuss and even perhaps give useful on the ground information about inter province travel? 

For instance, anybody travel in and out of Chonburi recently and what is your experience. It boggles the mind how far from the topic people will peck at the keyboard about. 

Or are some gonna continue going on about theories and conjecture concerning Covid 19, vaccines, out of left field talk that it's "not really a problem" because of a 98% recovery rate? Conjecture about how long the restrictions will last. Save all that for talk with your mates.. Let's get back on topic shall we?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nightfox said:

Yes, last lock down there were signs in English at the ticket counter for buses leaving to Bangkok saying that you need a permission letter leaving Chonburi to bored the bus.

Thanks - did you get a permit and was it checked at departure, en route and at the destination?

13 hours ago, fleccer said:

Let's suppose that I don't receive  newsletters from the Thai visa, therefore I don't know anything about this alleged decree. No news, either by newspapers or TV. So let's suppose that tomorrow I leave to Bangkok. 

If there are checkpoints you could be turned back - that happened earlier this year.

In practice I doubt that you will see a checkpoint.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mywayboy said:

All they need to do is you are only allowed to travel within a 5 klm radius of your home ,unless for Work or Medical reasons.

It worked in Melbourne Australia for 8 months very well.

Remind me again how good the Thai authorities would be at enforcing that.

A nice idea in theory but impossible to implement - except in localized areas as they did with Pattaya......even with that it was very easy to come and go.

57 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

If there are checkpoints you could be turned back - that happened earlier this year.

In practice I doubt that you will see a checkpoint.

Last year during the first wave Pattaya city was red zone and you couldn't get in/out without permission do you remember that? Well, this news was all over the media and it was only for a single city. But now that an entire province is involved, no media talks about it. Doesn't it seem strange to you? It seems strange to me, very strange

25 minutes ago, fleccer said:

Last year during the first wave Pattaya city was red zone and you couldn't get in/out without permission do you remember that? Well, this news was all over the media and it was only for a single city. But now that an entire province is involved, no media talks about it. Doesn't it seem strange to you? It seems strange to me, very strange

I got in using an old hospital bill. Just said that I was going to an appointment. I wasn't.

42 minutes ago, fleccer said:

Getting in and out of Pattaya was easy last year, I did so with my Thai DL (although I had condo papers, copy PP if needed). 

The travel restriction that requires obtaining a permit is not new news - or big news. This requirement was the same for Chonburi in January.

I am sure that you are aware that the Thais introduce certain measures but do not always enforce them. It is a sort of 'sending a message' exercise. Not unlike a soft curfew.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1

The translation of the most recent edict is a bit vague, it seems that inter-provincial travel without permission is discouraged, but not prohibited.

But, a lot depends on your destination. If you want to drive to some village in Isaan, you may be required to quarantine upon arrival.

And a lot depends on your mode of transportation - the bus company may want to see your permission slip to leave the province.

• Like 1