Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

2 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

I still must be missing the point.

I know of many expats  who have been "generically" been included in local  vaccination proposals with  no indication  of lesser or lower status  but conditional for all on availability of  vaccine. I also know of one expat who has already received first shot of vaccine as an individual in such a process with  no discriminatory criteria of  nationality, social status, age or  medical  risk status .I admit that I  can not reconcile that reality with  grand "proposals" announced  from on high  but I know a little of the reality of what is actually quietly happening.

Just out of interest what part of Pattaya was this ? Just trying to assuage my curiosity, thanks ????

26 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I never said anything about vaccinating tourists or long term residents before Thais, so where you got that idea from God only knows,

Read again. 

An expat on a 12 month retirement visa is basically just a long time tourist.  The retirement visa offers no more "rights" than anyone on a 30 day exemption stamp.  

Welcome to the land of the stupid.

Racism, stupid, face etc.  Foreigners have been subjected to it here for decades.  

I have no idea what country you are from

Why would it matter anyway?

but in the UK the roll out ( as far as I know, cos I'm here not there ) was based on age & vulnerability to the virus, not your immigration status in the UK, so at the start of the vaccine rollout people over 75 or 80 ( I can't remember ) were included, that Also Included illegal immigrants & old people from abroad visiting family caught up in the lockdown, 

We are not in the UK, are we?

But here farang rates on a par with vagrants & the homeless.

So you get the picture then.  

The Thai government is in an unusual position.  They don't offer a genuine pathway to permanent residency and citizenship, hence, foreigners do not have a "right" to a vaccine here. 

They don't want to be seen vaccinating foreigners before Thai's, yet having elderly foreigners dying on mass would not be a good look in the global media. 

We'll eventually be vaccinated here, but I don't think it will be so straight forward as some suggest.    

Edited by Leaver

16 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Not helpful.

That's mine & many others view of the Chinese vaccine, we are allowed an opinion at the moment ( when the CCP take over that will change ) you want Sinosh!te you can have mine, I'll wait for a proper one ta, by the way, dont forget to knock yourself out in all those bars & go go's not open to the rest of us ????

Edited by Golden Triangle
Punctuation

17 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

You are more stupid than I thought was possible for one individual.

Your personal attack is wasted on me.

Why do you think it's implausible?

The tourist areas have thousands of farang.  Not a good look to the Thai's to see farang vaccinated before them.  Maybe farang will be vaccinated away from public view.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Can you name something an expat on a 12 month retirement visa can do that a tourist on a 30 day visa exemption stamp can't do, other than staying longer the 30 days?  

Get a bank account

Get a Thai driving licence

File a 90 day report

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Your personal attack is wasted on me.

Why do you think it's implausible?

The tourist areas have thousands of farang.  Not a good look to the Thai's to see farang vaccinated before them.  Maybe farang will be vaccinated away from public view.

Yeah I'll turn up with a brown paper bag on my head so no one will recognise me ????????????????????

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

Get a bank account

Tourists can open a bank account.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Get a Thai driving licence

A tourist can get a 2 year driving licence, just not a 5 year driving licence, which I believe is the only thing an expat with a retirement visa can do that a tourists can not do.  

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

File a 90 day report

I did say, "other than stay longer than 30 days."  

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Yeah I'll turn up with a brown paper bag on my head so no one will recognise me ????????????????????

You missed the part about being vaccinated on the next 90 day report, which would be at the immigration office. 

As I said, away from public view, as in, not at a stadium alongside the Thai's.  

Also, this would ensure the vaccine is slowly metered out to foreigners, rather than one big rush.  

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

In that case, as you are well aware, there is none.

Thread closed.

It's a work in progress over time.

You are free to not read the topic.

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

A tourist can get a 2 year driving licence, just not a 5 year driving licence, which I believe is the only thing an expat with a retirement visa can do that a tourists can not do.  

A tourist can get whatever the 1st one is valid for, if they go home but come back just before the expiry date they can get the 5 year one.

You missed the part about being vaccinated on the next 90 day report, which would be at the immigration office. 

Also, this would ensure the vaccine is slowly metered out to foreigners, rather than one big rush.  

I assumed you were joking. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

And the people that do 90 by post or online ? Well thought through mate ????????????

• Like 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

I assumed you were joking. 

I wasn't.

Have you noticed the lack of information forthcoming from the Thai government about vaccinations for foreigners?  

I've never suggested foreigners will not be vaccinated here, I just suspect it will not be as simple as getting on the queue with the Thai's.  

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

And the people that do 90 by post or online ? Well thought through mate ????????????

Since when does the Thai government care about farang's travel issues?

Next 90 day report at immigration you will also be vaccinated.  Don't show up and mail it in, you won't be vaccinated, but we offered you the chance and if you die it's your own fault.   Simple. 

Do you think the Thai government cares about those that post?  Wake up.    

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

First thing a bank asks you for is a Work Permit. No Work Permit = No bank account, unless you have a long term visa.

Driving licence requires a residence letter from Immigration. Tourists are not residents, which is why they allow you to drive for 3 months on an international driving permit. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Actually I think he was kind of serious, bless him ????????????

So you think farang will be just making their way to the stadium along with Thai's, is this correct?

This very well could be the case, but I suspect it will not be that easy for farang.   

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's a work in progress over time.

You are free to not read the topic.

Thanks, I won't bother as it's all speculation / paranoia.

The Thai government will make an announcement and when they do, everyone will know, no need to keep second guessing what will happen. Sit back and relax. Or if you're really worried about the Thai ID thing, get down to City Hall and get yourself a Yellow Book.

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

First thing a bank asks you for is a Work Permit. No Work Permit = No bank account, unless you have a long term visa.

Driving licence requires a residence letter from Immigration. Tourists are not residents, which is why they allow you to drive for 3 months on an international driving permit. 

Before I was living here permanently, I got a bank account and drivers licence on a tourist visa.   I got the certificate of residence by showing my short term lease, and paying 300 baht, of course.  ???? 

Pre covid, a friend came here on a tourist visa, walked into a bank and put his passport and around 100,000 baht on the desk and asked to open a bank account.  No problem.  

Edited by Leaver

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There are none.

As I said, thread closed, it's pointless.

You don't close threads.

This is a situation that will be developing for many months.

The topic has only just begun.

Again you are welcome to not read or post here if you think it's over.

BTW just recently we got a very helpful first hand report about registering for possible future Moderna jabs at Pattaya Memorial. 

That's the kind of thing that is the point of this thread.

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So you think farang will be just making their way to the stadium along with Thai's, is this correct?

This very well could be the case, but I suspect it will not be that easy for farang.   

No

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There is no news whatsoever that immigration offices will be vaccination  sites. 

Please stick to credible reports and credible news.

I never said it was reported that immigration offices will be used to vaccinate foreigners.  I am simply suggesting it may be possible. 

I find it hard to believe foreigners will simply be told to get in line at the stadium with Thai's.  If you think that will be the case, I'm happy to hear your reasoning.  

By your own admission, there's been no news about anything related to foreigners getting vaccinated.  Therefore, facts are in short supply, and most of this thread is opinion, speculation, prediction, and hypothesis, of which we are all entitled to our own.  

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There are none.

As I said, thread closed, it's pointless.

Correct, but please don't offer any theories or predictions.  It's best to stick to no news.  ????

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I never said it was reported that immigration offices will be used to vaccinate foreigners.  I am simply suggesting it may be possible. 

I find it hard to believe foreigners will simply be told to get in line at the stadium with Thai's.  If you think that will be the case, I'm happy to hear your reasoning.  

By your own admission, there's been no news about anything related to foreigners getting vaccinated.  Therefore, facts are in short supply, and most of this thread is opinion, speculation, prediction, and hypothesis, of which we are all entitled to our own.  

Don't put words in my mouth. Be patient. Hurry up and wait. Things will become clear over time. 

This is not an instant quick fix kind of thing. 

Its a process.

Edited by Jingthing

If and with you that's a very big IF you had bothered reading what the Mayor said sometime mid week that only THAIS registered in the Chonburi/Banglamung area would be vaccinated, not a word about foreign residents Burmese, Lao, Vietnamese or farang.  

• Thanks 1