Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well this article speaks to the local situation in the context of the national situation.

I can't quote the part about expats as it's later in the article, but you can read it there.

Start of mass vaccination set to begin for Pattaya and Chonburi residents later this week - The Pattaya News

This was pursuant to Chonburi receiving 20,000 doses of the vaccine. At the last minute the 20,000 doses were re-allocated "elswhere" and Chonburi now has zero doses to start its program with.

As others have said, believe that Pattaya is starting vaccinations when you see it going into peoples arms.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, polpott said:

This was pursuant to Chonburi receiving 20,000 doses of the vaccine. At the last minute the 20,000 doses were re-allocated "elswhere" and Chonburi now has zero doses to start its program with.

As others have said, believe that Pattaya is starting vaccinations when you see it going into peoples arms.

Not sure where you got this from?

The Mayor said only yesterday the 20,000 doses would be split over the 4 vaccination locations and would administered on the 20th & 21st, which is what has happened.

E1zpr2_VoAE-3_h.jpg.2b7af1f0e397f2ed2118ccf30ea147e9.jpg

• Like 1

What I don't get, is that every photo I have seen today is of younger people being vaccinated.

Yet every Thai person that I know who have registered, have been told its only 60+ years that will be vaccinated until June/July.

15 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

What I don't get, is that every photo I have seen today is of younger people being vaccinated.

Yet every Thai person that I know who have registered, have been told its only 60+ years that will be vaccinated until June/July.

I just thought exactly the same thing.... unless this overweight kid works in a hospital I fail to see why he is a high priority. 

The policeman behind, well he needs to get back to work fining people for not wearing their masks. 

On 5/17/2021 at 6:43 AM, jacko45k said:

Get a bank account at various banks/ branches. Get a 5 year driving license. Do a 90 day report. Get a tax ID. But what has that or the question got to do with getting the vaccine?

A regular tourist friend of mine got a bank account pre covid.  5 years driving license is correct, but a 2 year driving license is possible.  No need for a 90 day report because they are tourists.  No need for a Tax ID because they are tourists. 

In relation to the vaccine, I'm merely pointing out that in the same way tourists wouldn't be getting vaccinated in Thailand, a retirement visa is basically a 12 month tourist visa. 

Despite what many think, it's not permanent residency or citizenship.  It offers NO RIGHT to reside here.  In effect, it's overs nothing more than a tourist visas except for a 5 years driving license as opposed to a 2 year driving license. 

Expats will be vaccinated here, but there is no right for that vaccination.  It will be interesting to see where they put expats in the vaccination queue.     

41 minutes ago, Leaver said:

A regular tourist friend of mine got a bank account pre covid.  5 years driving license is correct, but a 2 year driving license is possible.  No need for a 90 day report because they are tourists.  No need for a Tax ID because they are tourists. 

If you are going to ask questions, why then disparage valid answers. Phrase your questions better and not waste others time. 

On 5/17/2021 at 11:25 AM, Jen65 said:

Most of us are 1 year tourists even though we live here 365 days a year, own property , pay taxes and have no other residence outside Thailand !

Correct, and it will be interesting to see where the Thai government puts 1 year tourists in the vaccination queue.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If you are going to ask questions, why then disparage valid answers. Phrase your questions better and not waste others time. 

Some of your answer was incorrect, or misleading.  

31 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Some of your answer was incorrect, or misleading.  

None of them were...... all you want to do is argue. 

Ask better questions.....

Edited by jacko45k

30 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There is a large queue area and many people in and next to Pattaya City Hospital on Soi Buakhao sure looks like an ongoing vaccine deployment location to me.

There was a vaccination post set up by the park at Lake Mabprachan  doing vaccinations yesterday.  

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

There is a large queue area and many people in and next to Pattaya City Hospital on Soi Buakhao sure looks like an ongoing vaccine deployment location to me.

Over the next month or so we will see Thailand's vaccination rate.  As I said in another post, 100,000 a day, nation wide, is 15 months for the 65%, and that's just for the first dose.  

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Its one of the four main vaccination venues.

But there seems to be pop up venues all over town, including Dongtan Beach

188509627_4484650354879007_3146302813180972533_n.jpg.5e3145939fc84f30a394b272e65baa24.jpg

20 hours ago, newnative said:

There was a vaccination post set up by the park at Lake Mabprachan  doing vaccinations yesterday.  

Ohly registered Thai residents from Pong sub district, no walk in … This is a fact, my wife spoke with them, and only Thursday and Friday

• Like 1

Surprised anyone who has been living or working in Thailand for a number of years doesn't find the progress and execution of the vaccination program as anything other than totally predictable, especially in relation to non-Thais.

Sit back, relax and wait your turn, they'll get to you eventually.

• Like 2

Frankly, I am prepared to wait until I can get the vaccine of my choice easily and without any undue bureaucracy involved in any kind of registration.. I am already in their immigration data base, what more do these people need to show who I am and why I am here.  My reasoning; if the Thai government are so short sighted and stupid as to omit expats and other foreigners from their National vaccination programme, and therefore increase the risk to their own citizens, then so be it.  I will take my chances and wait it out. I don't involve myself in high risk activities like bars and parties, so it will be what it will be. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes, and hopefully you don't die waiting.  

you've got to die sometime, of something. Clearly the government don't think its a risk, or a priority, so all the worrying in the world won't help.  As the man above said, relax. 

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

you've got to die sometime, of something.

True, but preferably not covid.

Clearly the government don't think its a risk,

Clearly, the government just don't think, period.

Interesting how they view a 70 years old Thai's life, for example, as being more at risk than a 70 year old farang's life, but this was to be expected.  

so all the worrying in the world won't help.  As the man above said, relax. 

I'm younger and fitter than most retired farang here, but one never knows if their body will have a severe reaction to the virus, if infected.  

Edited by Leaver

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

one never knows if their body will have a severe reaction to the virus, if infected.  

or to the vaccine.

I'm not anti vaccine at all, I want the one I choose as soon as possible, but it will be what it will be.  I'm getting quite philosophical about the whole covid risk thing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

It will be what the Thai government allows it to be for you.  

well yes.  I don't expect any help from the muppets in the UK Embassy. However, being a great believer in the power of the market, I do expect the private hospitals to get on the vaccination band waggon at some point and provide vaccines for a price.  Its just when that may happen that is interesting, My best bet is by the end of this year. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

Yes, and hopefully you don't die waiting.  

What percentage of the 0.001%, ( 729 out of 70,000,000 as of yesterday ),  of people in Thailand that have so far died of Covid were retired expats living in Pattaya ? 

Retired expats in Pattaya have the additional benefit/luxury of adjusting their own lives to minimise risks even further should they feel overly exposed in a near deserted city, an option not always open to the majority of the Thai population who live in more high contact situations through economic necessity.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 11:27 PM, Leaver said:

Over the next month or so we will see Thailand's vaccination rate.  As I said in another post, 100,000 a day, nation wide, is 15 months for the 65%, and that's just for the first dose.  

Why on earth do you think Thailand won't be able to increase their vaccination rates above 100,000 a day ?  They are currently achieving that even before they start the mass rollout next month. 

Extrapolating as unrealistic a forecast as 100k from June seems totally pointless, you don't work for TAT by any chance ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kinyara said:

Surprised anyone who has been living or working in Thailand for a number of years doesn't find the progress and execution of the vaccination program as anything other than totally predictable, especially in relation to non-Thais.

Sit back, relax and wait your turn, they'll get to you eventually.

There's an unwritten but tacit understanding between retired expats and the government. We don't pay taxes here so don't have free access to their social security and national healthcare systems; in exchange we pay ourselves to use the (generally pretty good) Thai private hospitals. That has worked well for both sides for decades, but now the government has reneged on the understanding by, in effect, preventing us from using the private hospitals to pay for our own treatment and care. I have no desire to stand in a long queue waiting at some shambolic venue for a free shot of some unspecified vaccine, I want to pay for my own, but I am not allowed to do so.