Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

FYI,

The http://www.thailandintervac.com/ site just shut down again, with an odd message that the site is again being updated and it will open again at "5pm"

I italicised 5pm, becuase it was actually working fine right up until 6pm when it locked up, so perhaps they meant tomorrow??  Who knows; I guess they just got overwhelmed with registration and need to sort things out.

I only mention it becuase on another thread, it was claimed that actual appointments seem to be appearing on the account pages of at least one TVF member:

1019778064_snapshot_2021-06-07at6_44_52PM.jpg.3da31420fa5465719bbb61af747dd55b.jpg

So best to keep checking your account page to see if the curious Jan 1 2017 is being replaced with a full appointment as soon as the site is back up and running again.

BTW, Note the fairly early appointment date!  Not too shabby at all ????

1377557371_snapshot_2021-06-07at6_11_57PM.thumb.jpg.1c0b2d2701ff46ba795ca35396c20ec6.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

23 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

The people I have spoken today, have got a vaccination date, but they are having to go to Bangkok.

Tao, did those people register using a Chonburi address but were still able to get a Bangkok appointment?

Pattaya expats having a sore time in vaccination scramble, but latest app is working well

The latest government instruction to Pattaya expats is to register on the updated site thailandintervac.com  Preference will apparently be given to those over 60 or with life-threatening diseases.  The Pattaya vaccination centre for those registered will be the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital but applicants should not contact the hospital.

Pattaya expats having a sore time in vaccination scramble, but latest app is working well - Pattaya Mail

For those registered via intervac in Pattaya -- don't call us, we'll call you.

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Still have no idea when I or all the other expats getting dates in 1970 will actually be invited to join this so called herd.

Also note Bangkok Pattaya Hospital was on the list but showing no availability. 

Here in Pattaya, I'm guessing that private hospital rollout is probably going to come earlier than the public rollout for us farangs.  I mean the unwritten rule as far as public rollout is concerned is really still "Thais First".  The unwritten rule with a private hospital would be "Money talks, nobody walks"

Of course, Pattaya is designated as a "sandbox" with a target date of 70% vaccinations by October, so maybe that will speed things up...but my own guess is that the earliest we'll see is sometime in October.  I think the private hospital rollout may be sooner...and with a choice of Western vaccines to boot.

Hedge your bets and register for BOTH.

Edited by WaveHunter

I am registered with this vaccination page, but when I login it doesn't let me make an appointment or allow me access to any appointment pages. Anyone else have this problem or - even better - a solution?

• Like 1

Just now, Harry2 said:

I am registered with this vaccination page, but when I login it doesn't let me make an appointment or allow me access to any appointment pages. Anyone else have this problem or - even better - a solution?

Same same

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pontious said:

The website now says you can only register from 12 - 3pm.

I think the site is now set up ONLY to register.

As they are obviously not releasing dates yet, this will be a 2 stage exercise:-

1. Register first (to allow them to calculate the demand for vaccines)

2. Open up booking (in July, or when Thais in that category have been vaccinated?) when it is the Farang's turn in that particular category.

24 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Same same

This unhelpful message comes up "DATE INFORMATION NOT COMPLETED.PLEASE RELOAD AGAIN.",

but there is no way to 'reload'. Starting at the home page just puts you into the registration process, and does not give you any access to the appointments.

Just now, hotandsticky said:

I think the site is now set up ONLY to register.

As they are obviously not releasing dates yet, this will be a 2 stage exercise:-

1. Register first (to allow them to calculate the demand for vaccines)

2. Open up booking (in July, or when Thais in that category have been vaccinated?) when it is the Farang's turn in that particular category.

But some people have got through & been given clear appointments specifying type vaccine, hospital, time & date - which they have posted as images in various threads. Is this like the Immigration 90 day online shambles where you have to use a particular browser?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry2 said:

This unhelpful message comes up "DATE INFORMATION NOT COMPLETED.PLEASE RELOAD AGAIN.",

but there is no way to 'reload'. Starting at the home page just puts you into the registration process, and does not give you any access to the appointments.

See my post above..................I don't think there was ever any intention to be able to book appointments now.

The above message suggests a data input error....

Just now, hotandsticky said:

See my post above..................I don't think there was ever any intention to be able to book appointments now.

The above message suggests a data input error....

Well (perhaps unfortunately) I was one of the first to register at 8.37 yesterday. At no stage in the process was I presented with a vaccine choice or appointments page, indeed I was expecting to eventually get to that at the end of the registration process but all I got was this dead end. Which continues today.

Thai-style website building at its' finest!  The site is up and running but now there is no way to log in to your account to check status or see if an appointment has been issued!  No emails yet to either confirm registration or provide appointment date.  So damn typical!

I even tried to re-regsiter, thinking maybe my registration got corrupted, but when I entered my email address & password, I got a message telling me to use another email address becuase mine was already registered.

Well at least I know for certain I am in their system.  I guess that's something ????

I swear, a grade school child could build a better website!

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Well (perhaps unfortunately) I was one of the first to register at 8.37 yesterday. At no stage in the process was I presented with a vaccine choice or appointments page, indeed I was expecting to eventually get to that at the end of the registration process but all I got was this dead end. Which continues today.

The appointment should appear on the page that has the curious date Jan 1, 2017.  Yesterday some people did in fact get valid appointments like this, and you could check it by logging into your account, but now the green log-in bar has been eliminated.

image.png.546252a6e7f9bd0b9ad58a8f8cb9b027.png.c2285bcf24e5243445bfb593de31fb2b.png

So typical !@#$%

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

Just now, WaveHunter said:

The appointment should appear on the page that has the curious date Jan 1, 2017.  Yesterday some people did in fact get valid appointments like this, and you could check it by logging into your account, but now the green log-in bar has been eliminated.

So typical !@#$%

image.png.546252a6e7f9bd0b9ad58a8f8cb9b027.png.df3a5464cab263cf85c66509b1d2224d.png

I wonder if they got those appointments by choosing themselves from an appointments page or whether they were allocated them by 'the system' later. This website has not been created by any professional website designer its like a schoolboy effort from the late 1990s.

6 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

I wonder if they got those appointments by choosing themselves from an appointments page or whether they were allocated them by 'the system' later. This website has not been created by any professional website designer its like a schoolboy effort from the late 1990s.

The person who's appointment I just posted said it happened later in the day; that he/she just kept logging in throughout the day and then it finally appeared late in the day.

So, being able to log in seems essential if you want to know our status.  I mean with all the trouble they are having just keeping a simple webpage active, I doubt they are going to have the wherewithal to be notifying us by email or anything.

Edited by WaveHunter

21 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

The person who's appointment I just posted said it happened later in the day; that he/she just kept logging in throughout the day and then it finally appeared late in the day.

So, being able to log in seems essential if you want to know our status.  I mean with all the trouble they are having just keeping a simple webpage active, I doubt they are going to have the wherewithal to be notifying us by email or anything.

Its staggering that the national website is such an amateur shambles, when the Chiang Mai & Koh Samui equivalents seem to work well. Maybe our best hope is if Pattaya/Chonburi follow the Chiang Mai route & organise a professional registration website possibly with physical registration sites as backup. I bet BHP would organise a better website than this and frankly if I had to go & physically queue for an appointment there so be it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Its staggering that the national website is such an amateur shambles, when the Chiang Mai & Koh Samui equivalents seem to work well. Maybe our best hope is if Pattaya/Chonburi follow the Chiang Mai route & organise a professional registration website possibly with physical registration sites as backup. I bet BHP would organise a better website than this and frankly if I had to go & physically queue for an appointment there so be it.

The Chiang Mai site certainly looks much more professional.  I viewed it and was incredibly impressed.  I used to live in Chiang Mai and quite frankly wish I had not left becuase Chiang Mai always seemed to handle things much more effectively than down here in Chon Buri.

As for in-person registration however, I totally disagree.  When they first announced that scheme it made me cringe; the thought of hundreds of strangers all queuing up for hours on end waiting for the chaotic process to proceed.  It would be like standing inside a giant petri dish just begging to become infected.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

The Chiang Mai site certainly looks much more professional.  I viewed it and was incredibly impressed.  I used to live in Chiang Mai and quite frankly wish I had not left becuase Chiang Mai always seemed to handle things much more effectively than down here in Chon Buri.

As for in-person registration however, I totally disagree.  When they first announced that scheme it made me cringe; the thought of hundreds of strangers all queuing up for hours on end waiting for the chaotic process to proceed.  It would be like standing inside a giant petri dish just begging to become infected.  

I also spent a decade in Chiang Mai before moving to Bangkok & Pattaya. First hand reports from friends show that both online & physical registration is working well. At least somebody has thought it through & organised it. The fact the consul's are also involved is interesting as I know ether are a significant number of elderly expats in the province some of which I am sure will need assistance in registering.

I don't think in-person registration has to be the petri dish you laid out. In the last 3 weeks I have registered as a patient at Pattaya City & updated details at BHP - in both cases queues were short & distanced. I was in/out in 10 minutes both times. I know 3 people who registered in person at Big C Chiang Mai & they thought it was well organised, reasonably distanced & not horribly long. Registering at McCormick in person was likewise not an ordeal according to 4 people I know who did it. I would certainly have faith in say BPH organising things properly either online or in person.

1 hour ago, Harry2 said:

I also spent a decade in Chiang Mai before moving to Bangkok & Pattaya. First hand reports from friends show that both online & physical registration is working well. At least somebody has thought it through & organised it. The fact the consul's are also involved is interesting as I know ether are a significant number of elderly expats in the province some of which I am sure will need assistance in registering.

I don't think in-person registration has to be the petri dish you laid out. In the last 3 weeks I have registered as a patient at Pattaya City & updated details at BHP - in both cases queues were short & distanced. I was in/out in 10 minutes both times. I know 3 people who registered in person at Big C Chiang Mai & they thought it was well organised, reasonably distanced & not horribly long. Registering at McCormick in person was likewise not an ordeal according to 4 people I know who did it. I would certainly have faith in say BPH organising things properly either online or in person.

I really miss Chiang Mai, and will probably return as soon as I can.  I like Jomtien (Pattaya) but I think the general quality of life up in Chiang Mai is just better and IMO there seems to be a lot more respect and support and even friendliness for expats and foreigners in general there than here.  

I'm just feeling that way about in-person registration becuase I've seen first hand how Immigration has handled that in the past, and anyone that's been forced to queue up at Imm at 4am knows what I'm talking about.  Online registration is the only sensible way to do it during a pandemic, and the fact that officials are barely even talking about in-person registration anymore seems to support that view.  Just how I see it, of course.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Except at immigration?

Actually Chiang Mai Immigration changed radically while I Lived there.  The first year it was like a nightmare, but over the next couple of years (pre-Covid) it just kept improving to the point where a visit was almost a pleasant affair, which is a huge contrast to Chon Buri now, where I usually have to reach for antacid after leaving the building.

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

Actually Chiang Mai Immigration changed radically while I Lived there.  The first year it was like a nightmare, but over the next couple of years (pre-Covid) it just kept improving to the point where a visit was almost a pleasant affair, which is a huge contrast to Chon Buri now, where I usually have to reach for antacid after leaving the building.

I recall the horror stories of there some years ago... people queueing from before 6am to get serviced, and being forced towards agents. I did hear of improvements after Big Jok took over nationally, but I thought it had deteriorated again after his demise.

No problems for me at Chonburi renewing extension... don't like getting a COR but that is rarely needed.

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I recall the horror stories of there some years ago... people queueing from before 6am to get serviced, and being forced towards agents. I did hear of improvements after Big Jok took over nationally, but I thought it had deteriorated again after his demise.

No problems for me at Chonburi renewing extension... don't like getting a COR but that is rarely needed.

LOL!  My first year in Chiang Mai was 2017, and yeah, I was forced to queue up at 4AM (not 6am) for the limited number of tickets they would hand out to then go and queue for the particular line you were there to stand it. 

It was an exhausting experience, and for some, if they didn't get there early enough, would go through the whole experience only for the tickets to run out, and then be told to come back the next day and do it all over again.  Sometimes there would be over 100 people standing in those damn lines before the sun even rose.  It was terrible.

Some of the Imm officers acted more like storm troopers, speaking little if any English, and literally yelling at you if you misunderstood them.  One of them even lost is temper with me because I had not stapled all of my paperwork (some 30 pages) correctly, and angrily threw all my paperwork at my feet, saying, "You go!  Do again!"

Yeah, it was a trip for sure but once they made the move back to the new building at airport, things just started getting better and better!

Sorry to go off-topic here but it was funny to think back on that.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

ISSUE WITH INTERVAC REGISTRATION:  Is anybody else having issues with your Intervac registration.  I registered on Monday and had a confirmation that I was indeed registered.  I was very careful about entering all information correctly

Today, I just logged into my account, and received a message that my application is incomplete.  When I went to update it, a lot of data that I had entered was missing.  When I tried to re-enter it again, the drop down menus did not work, so I am unable to update it.

Anyone else experiencing this latest GLITCH?