Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

40 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

"Correct your detail before book" has been added today at https://thailandintervac.com/

...and it is not working correctly!  Surprise, surprise, surprise.

My data, entered on Monday was complete and carefully checked to be correct.  I received a confirmation that I was indeed registered.

Now today when I log in, half of my data is missing, and when I try to re-enter the data, all of the drop down menus are not functioning !@#$$%

How predictable!  Why are Thai administrative website ALWAYS so buggy?

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

You're all doing better than me, I completed all the data but never received a confirmation even.

The site remembers a bit of what I entered but seems to have lost half of it.

What an utter fustercluck!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pontious said:

I don't bother wasting time on that site anymore. I will wait until BHP report they have vaccines. That maybe some time I expect.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that.  BHP is the hospital that has my medical records on file and when I asked my doctor there about registration, he had no idea and was not even aware of the significance of June 7th in relation to foreigners, and he is normally a very well-informed man.

What's more, the latest announcement I heard from the CCSA is that you now must register online and not in-person.  I know this is yet another contradictory and confusing remark, but I guess we should all be used to that by now.

Just have faith that you will eventually and successfully be registered online and receive an actual appointment for vaccination "sometime soon"

Edited by WaveHunter

31 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Well i now dont need my registration on aThailandintervac,turned up this morning at Samitivit hospital,showed my pink card,they checked and i was on the mor prom, everything went so smoothly,only 2 other falangs about 500 Thai i was no 291,blood pressure taken,checked if i had problems,then about half hour later had jab,sat for half hour then told i could go ,next appointment for my astra zenica jab 29 sept.

Nice to hear some good news for a change. 

That must be a great feeling knowing you don't have to put up with anymore of this registration nonsense, and are actually seeing light at the end of this pandemic tunnel we've been living in for over a year now. ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Well i now dont need my registration on aThailandintervac,turned up this morning at Samitivit hospital,showed my pink card,they checked and i was on the mor prom, everything went so smoothly,only 2 other falangs about 500 Thai i was no 291,blood pressure taken,checked if i had problems,then about half hour later had jab,sat for half hour then told i could go ,next appointment for my astra zenica jab 29 sept.

That's in Bangkok.

This topic is about Pattaya.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on that.  BHP is the hospital that has my medical records on file and when I asked my doctor there about registration, he had no idea and was not even aware of the significance of June 7th in relation to foreigners, and he is normally a very well-informed man.

What's more, the latest announcement I heard from the CCSA is that you now must register online and not in-person.  I know this is yet another contradictory and confusing remark, but I guess we should all be used to that by now.

Just have faith that you will eventually and successfully be registered online and receive an actual appointment for vaccination "sometime soon"

Faith is about religion. We haven't even been  promised soon so what is your faith based on? I meant to focus on the soon part. I'm sure they'll get to all the f-rangs EVENTUALLY. 

Edited by Jingthing

I was finally able to get an appointment in Bangkok through http://thailandintervac.com/ . I logged on many times and kept trying the update information route, and eventually I was presented with the option to make an appointment. I got one June 23rd at Phyathai hospital--only the Sinovac was available and only two days were choosable. Beggars can't be choosers so I went with it.

If anyone else is going, maybe we can carpool.image.thumb.png.fb30959f5bafaac22be91c61ae96d02d.png 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Faith is about religion. We haven't even been  promised soon so what is your faith based on? I meant to focus on the soon part. I'm sure they'll get to all the f-rangs EVENTUALLY. 

Stop with the cherry-picked nitpicking!  Faith has TWO definitions; my use of the word was #1!

2021514537_snapshot_2021-06-09at5_51_06PM.jpg.09f8c7222f549b483fafd50225ad247b.jpg

And BTW, the "soon" part of my comment was a tongue-in-cheek" reference to how screwed up the registration has been to this point, which I think was more than clear.

Why all the sudden unprovoked hostility from you in the past couple of days days anyway???

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Sad 1

Finally, a sign of life on the BHP website this morning...

...well, at least the notice denying that they know anything at all about any vaccines for the evil foreigners has been replaced by something that sounds slightly more positive.

284247595_BHPnotice.jpg.86e39bb2ed8a4ddcc383668371e5630e.jpg

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Finally, a sign of life on the BHP website this morning...

...well, at least the notice denying that they know anything at all about any vaccines for the evil foreigners has been replaced by something that sounds slightly more positive.

284247595_BHPnotice.jpg.86e39bb2ed8a4ddcc383668371e5630e.jpg

"We will make an announcement on our Facebook when the vaccine is available for the foreigners."  So professional.  ????

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leaver said:

"We will make an announcement on our Facebook when the vaccine is available for the foreigners."  So professional.  ????

I agree...very UNprofessional!  That message has been up there for weeks and will probably stay there even while they are actually administering the vaccine.  I'm convinced that there is no such thing as an up-to-date website in Thailand.

Don't mind me; I'm just bored sitting here waiting for the InterVac site to open at noon, as promised...even though it's now 12:07pm ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

I am Pattaya based but prepared to go to BKK for a jab. After 4 fruitless days with their <deleted> site I finally got a booking at Phyathai for Astra. It was a matter of constantly reloading the page till a couple of dates finally appeared at end June AND showed both vaccines available. Now an 18 day wait to see if it's real.

Is this simply the usual ThaiGlish explanation that really means for me to wait for them to provide me with a date for vaccination, or is it indicating yet another system error ??

I am in Chon Buri so I'm assuming that dates are not being provided, but it would be nice to know if I will be notified, or whether my registration is still screwed up!

I sure wish they'd get an English speaking person to write this stuff so it was not so ambiguous all the time !@#$%

691792294_snapshot_2021-06-10at12_17_29PM.jpg.e17e9decd418d6cee861a4e71aba2ed9.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

Well InterVac is up and running now (12:20pm).  I managed to register fully and when I log back in it takes me to the Vaccine Booking information age with this curious note, "Date information not complete.  Please reload again"

Is this simply the usual ThaiGlish explanation that really means for me to wait for them to provide me with a date for vaccination, or is it indicating an yet another system error ??

I sure wish they'd get an English speaking person to write this stuff !@#$%

691792294_snapshot_2021-06-10at12_17_29PM.jpg.e17e9decd418d6cee861a4e71aba2ed9.jpg

Wave. You need to press Change Booking button and it takes you to appointments. then Choose Vaccine & Choose Hospital. Then dates, if any, appear.

7 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Choose Hospital.

...but only 3 hospitals are listed and they are all in Bangkok. That's a long way to go just to be told when you get there that they've run out of vaccine for farangs, lol.

13 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Wave. You need to press Change Booking button and it takes you to appointments. then Choose Vaccine & Choose Hospital. Then dates, if any, appear.

Thanks for that tip.  Having to do that is about the most UNINTUITIVE way they could have done it.

When I do that, however, the only hospitals that show up are three in Bangkok.  I am in Chon Buri.

So now I guess I have to wonder, are they telling all of us in Chon Buri to go to Bangkok for vaccination, or are the actually indicating that people in Chon Buri can not yet book vaccinations.

Not only that, but when I do select any of the hospitals and either of the vaccines, all dates from Hume through November are grayed out !@#$%^

I guess my best assumption is that the whole site and database are still in shambles...yes?  /  No?  Anybody from Choon Buri province been able to make this thing work yet???

This whole registration interface is so damn STUPID that they are either jerking our chains or the site has been built by absolute idiots!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Thanks for that tip.  Having to do that is about the most UNINTUITIVE way they could have done it.

When I do that, however, the only hospitals that show up are three in Bangkok.  I am in Chon Buri.

So now I guess I have to wonder, are they telling all of us in Chon Buri to go to Bangkok for vaccination, or are the actually indicating that people in Chon Buri can not yet book vaccinations.

This whole registration interface is so damn STUPID that they are either jerking our chains or the site has been built by absolute idiots!

Or both?

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Don't worry about it. I chose Phyathai2, then selected AZ, 24th June was available so I booked it between 14:00 and 15:00, but then got a large red notice saying that the booking was unsuccessful because there's no vaccine available.

I am based @ Wong Amat so yes its potentially a days travelling to do the trip to BKK. But I have a host of errands to run in BKK so even if they let me down it won't be a wasted trip. Frankly I am just desperate to get the process moving, so that at least by autumn* I can hopefully get on with life & travel. 

*if second jab takes up to mooted 16 weeks, a pal in Chiang Mai said the hospital told him 4 weeks between jabs up there!

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Or both?

Probably...very seriously!  I don't like to be a conspiracy theorist but this whole registration scheme is beginning to stink to high heaven!  All the screw ups, all the ambiguous wording.  It just is becoming very suspect as more of a PR tool than an actual registration / booking tool.  I mean, even a second-rate online merchant could put together a more effective site aimed at foreigners than this!

I've given it a fair chance, and now I'm just fed up!  I will check the site daily, just one time a day, to see what new surprises they have in store, and that's it.  There are just better ways to spend a day than screwing around with this whole mess.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Don't worry about it. I chose Phyathai2, then selected AZ, 24th June was available so I booked it between 14:00 and 15:00, but then got a large red notice saying that the booking was unsuccessful because there's no vaccine available.

Well I couldn't even manage to get it to do that. 

So, how do you interpret this?  Do we just wait for a Chonburi hospital (Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, I assume) to eventually show up in the list (which will probably not be until vaccines have been alloted to BHP weeks from now)

To me, that would be logical, but of course, this InterVac site has been anything but logical.

I mean, it knows that we are from Chon Buri, from our registration information that we provided, and should have alerted us to the fact that appointments could not yet be made in our region, right on the main booking page, instead of expecting us to only figure that out by pushing the "Change Booking" button.

I mean, who attempts to change a booking that you have not yet even made?

Again, this is just such a lame website, it defies the imagination.  Any second rate online merchant does a better job of putting together a website targeted to foreigners!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Don't mind me; I'm just bored sitting here waiting for the InterVac site to open at noon, as promised...even though it's now 12:07pm

How many days is it now.......?