Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

Thanks for that gents, there was something a few days ago about registering in person at the International and the Memorial so I might have a mooch round the Memorial and see what's what. 

8 hours ago, rott said:

Thanks for that gents, there was something a few days ago about registering in person at the International and the Memorial so I might have a mooch round the Memorial and see what's what. 

The Memorial just wants your passport details and phone number......they didn`t however (last week) know when they would actually get any supplies.

53 minutes ago, petermik said:

The Memorial just wants your passport details and phone number......they didn`t however (last week) know when they would actually get any supplies.

Yes, thanks PM, but I just had this sudden urge to feel that I was actually doing something. 

Will they ever get any supplies.? 

Well all things are possible. 

I was headed that way anyway, so no problem. Long time since I've been there and things seem to have improved. 

Edited by rott

1 minute ago, Guderian said:

Isn't it a bit odd that PIH and Memorial are at least taking names for a contact list, but BHP is just saying 'watch our Facebook page'?

PIH is now?

I contacted them before and they weren't. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

PIH is now?

I contacted them before and they weren't. 

I was referring to @rott's post at the top of the page where he mentions "...there was something a few days ago about registering in person at the International and the Memorial". I haven't tried them so I have no first-hand knowledge.

• Thanks 1

SOME GOOD NEWS FOR CHON BURI re local restriction:

Perhaps a little off-topic for this thread but welcome news nonetheless.

Effective June 14, Swimming pools and water parks will be open, and gyms, fitness center, and sports fields can be opened until 9pm.  I assume that means parks as well.

This is according to what seems to be a well vetted article appearng in the Pattat News, and linked below, and that includes a copy of the official order from the Chonburi Communicable Disease Committee, chaired by the governor

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/11/chonburi-eases-some-restrictions-effective-monday-june-14th-pools-foot-massage-gyms-and-more/

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

SOME GOOD NEWS FOR CHON BURI re local restriction:

Perhaps a little off-topic for this thread but welcome news nonetheless.

Effective June 14, Swimming pools and water parks will be open, and gyms, fitness center, and sports fields can be opened until 9pm.  I assume that means parks as well.

This is according to what seems to be a well vetted article appearng in the Pattat News, and linked below, and that includes a copy of the official order from the Chonburi Communicable Disease Committee, chaired by the governor

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/11/chonburi-eases-some-restrictions-effective-monday-june-14th-pools-foot-massage-gyms-and-more/

Why is this good news for the unvaccinated?

So what percentage of locals do you reckon are fully vaccinated?

Surely less than one percent.

Those are all at least moderate risk infection settings with the possible exception of parks if not gathering in groups. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

The health benefits of opening parks, swimming pools, fitness and etc. outweigh the very limited infection risk by far. So yes, definitely good news.

You really think exercising in indoor gyms is really low risk?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You really think exercising in indoor gyms is really low risk?

Opening gyms is NOT a good idea.  I agree with you on that.  Frankly I'm surprised they did that.  I certainly would not be comfortable working out in close proximity to strangers who are all hot and sweaty using the same equipment, and breathing hard from cardio in a confined space.  Not a smart idea at all.  It's my idea of being in a giant petri dish of potential infection. ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

Just now, WaveHunter said:

Opening gyms is NOT a good idea.  I agree with you on that.  Frankly I'm surprised they did that.  I certainly would not be comfortable working out in close proximity to strangers who are all hot and sweaty and using the same equipment.  

Yes.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7009e2.htm

This is a trend that I see in Thailand and many other countries. Loosening up way too early and watching it backfire.

I'm particularly concerned locally like say when we get 50 percent of the people having one jab particularly of Sinovac and then thinking it's party time. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7009e2.htm

This is a trend that I see in Thailand and many other countries. Loosening up way too early and watching it backfire.

I'm particularly concerned locally like say when we get 50 percent of the people having one jab particularly of Sinovac and then thinking it's party time. 

Crowded Indoor exercise = Bad

Socially distanced outdoor exercise = Good

Swimming for exercise, bike riding or jogging (all without a mask) are extremely safe, and actually should never have been banned.  

That's how I see it.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Sacre Bleu 

E3mKTMmVkAM1aK7.jpg.3bbb6e48c13d4e4b4f502db2123e5edc.jpg

It appears the French government does not have confidence in the Thai government to vaccinate its citizens in Thailand and has sent in air support.  

Quite a loss of face.  

Edited by Leaver

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As exhibited in Chile and The Seychelles.

19 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Crowded Indoor exercise = Bad

Socially distanced outdoor exercise = Good

Crowded Supermarkets=Good

Crowded malls = Good

Crowded Sky train=Good

Crowded Immigration office =Good

Crowded Indoor exercise=Bad

Crowded Beaches=Bad

Crowded Parks=Bad

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I followed up on this story and it's pretty well vetted and will likely happen!  Belgium apparently also has similars plans. 

That now makes me angry that my own country (USA) is not doing the same thing.

It angers me especially when you consider that the US has such a surplus of vaccines that they are announcing plans to give away vaccine to many foreign countries in the upcoming months.

That's not to mention the fact that they are going to dump 60 million does of J&J vaccine that are approaching expiration, but that they could have sent for use by expats all around the world. 

What about us expats, who are tax paying citizens???  I mean, what the hell?  Are we considered second-class citizens or something?

When the US embassy flatly announced last month that vaccines would not be procured for its' expats in Thailand , I assumed there was some diplomatic reason that would prevent it, but now it seems this is not true at all.

On June 11, Thailand’s public health minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, told the press that he had met with the French Ambassador to Thailand and that the embassy was discussing the process of importing 10,000 doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for French nationals aged 45+ in Thailand.

Anutin said that the department of Disease Control agrees to the basic principle and that the vaccines could arrive by at the end of June.

He added that ANY country which is able to take care of its citizens can import vaccines which are registered with Thailand’s FDA to inoculate their nationals.

Anutin said an inoculation provision by an embassy can be undertaken at any medical facility and does not need to be on embassy grounds.

So, I think expats from the USA and any other country that does not have similar plans to vaccinate their expats overseas need to be asking themselves and their government officials...just what the F*** is going on?

SERIOUSLY, All expats should write an email to their embassy demanding that action be taken.  The email address I have is:  [email protected].  

I know this is not an embassy's prime responsibility, but if enough people complain, maybe something positive will happen.

Edited by WaveHunter

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

SERIOUSLY, All expats should write an email to their embassy demanding that action be taken.  The email address I have is:  [email protected].  If you have a more targeted email address, please provide it.

I know this is not an embassy's prime responsibility, but if enough people complain, maybe something positive will happen.

Are you kidding.....The embassies prime directive is to do as little as possible.. 

38 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Are you kidding.....The embassies prime directive is to do as little as possible.. 

Seriously speaking, our concerns about this should be voiced in an email to American Citizen Services at [email protected].

A lot of US expats certainly have no problem griping about the registration rollout for expats, and criticizing Thailand for their rollout here on this forum. 

If they are not willing to write a simple email to their Embassy and maybe even contact their elected federal representatives back home (which I've also done), then I guess we all deserve to be treated like second-class citizens...the kind of people that like to whine, complain, and criticize, but are unwilling to take any action to change things.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Crowded Supermarkets=Good

Crowded malls = Good

Crowded Sky train=Good

Crowded Immigration office =Good

Crowded Indoor exercise=Bad

Crowded Beaches=Bad

Crowded Parks=Bad

Is this an attempt to be a comedian?  Don't give up your day job if it is. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 2:35 PM, Guderian said:

Isn't it a bit odd that PIH and Memorial are at least taking names for a contact list, but BHP is just saying 'watch our Facebook page'?

Annoying and frustrating, isn't it?

54 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Seriously speaking, our concerns about this should be voiced in an email to American Citizen Services at [email protected].

A lot of US expats certainly have no problem griping about the registration rollout for expats, and criticizing Thailand for their rollout here on this forum. 

If they are not willing to write a simple email to their Embassy and maybe even contact their elected federal representatives back home (which I've also done), then I guess we all deserve to be treated like second-class citizens...the kind of people that like to whine, complain, and criticize, but are unwilling to take any action to change things.

With all due respect, it's over. The embassy won't help. It was obvious to me in the subtext of the speech given by President Biden in England when he announced the donation of half a BILLION doses of Pfizer to the world. He went out of his way to say, this is completely free, NO FAVORS asked for! I groaned when I heard that. Yes, that includes NO FAVORS to Americans abroad.