Thai Visa Forum

Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Wave. The only instance I have seen Chonburi registration reported was in the CCSA statement reported in that thread. I frankly have more faith/hope in a local effort rather than the deeply flawed national shambles. Best of all would be if they left it to hospitals like BHP to organise, but that is probably too much to hope for.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lot of whining about your personal situation... some facts: the situation for the Thai people is the same. While they can sign-up using the app, it is completely unclear how they will get select

Well, folks, here we go.  We got an announcement that foreigners are to be included (and free as well as if that matters) in the Thai national vaccine program. But oh no there's that cliche,

Predictably insulting. You can't help yourself, can you? But you may have provided some ideas. Again, I don't have a Thai ID. I assume most retired expats don't have a Thai ID.  There a

Posted Images

Too late again!

Fed up with the Intervac shambles and the private hospitals here behaving like ostriches, I thought I'd try registering for the Moderna vaccine in October with Thonburi hospital. After all, the way the public rollout is going we'll probably still be trying to register for a free Sinovac jab come October. You have to register via LINE so I scanned the QR code and made friends with them, but it seems that this afternoon they announced they will no longer be accepting new registrations for 'alternative vaccines'.

Oh well, the best-laid plans of mice and men, and all that.

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Wave. The only instance I have seen Chonburi registration reported was in the CCSA statement reported in that thread. I frankly have more faith/hope in a local effort rather than the deeply flawed national shambles. Best of all would be if they left it to hospitals like BHP to organise, but that is probably too much to hope for.

Sure thing but I see no evidence that this local system is actually going to happen. May as well believe in the tooth fairy.

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sure thing but I see no evidence that this local system is actually going to happen. May as well believe in the tooth fairy.

Now the CCSA has announced it will happen, that will surely be a pressure to get something moving on this front. The Pattaya sandbox is even further behind than Chiang Mai or Phuket, they have to start somewhere with their large expat population. Registration is a first step, actually getting allocations of vaccines seems to be where Chonburi/Pattaya has fallen behind both Phuket & Chiang Mai. I actually got an appointment for end June via thaintervac but now the ''''system''' does not recognise my account, so in reality I have nothing. My hope/attention now turns back to Chonburi where the local business community (with way more clout than us) is now publicly saying without vaccines forget the 2021 high season & think about 2022.

12 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Now the CCSA has announced it will happen, that will surely be a pressure to get something moving on this front. The Pattaya sandbox is even further behind than Chiang Mai or Phuket, they have to start somewhere with their large expat population. Registration is a first step, actually getting allocations of vaccines seems to be where Chonburi/Pattaya has fallen behind both Phuket & Chiang Mai. I actually got an appointment for end June via thaintervac but now the ''''system''' does not recognise my account, so in reality I have nothing. My hope/attention now turns back to Chonburi where the local business community (with way more clout than us) is now publicly saying without vaccines forget the 2021 high season & think about 2022.

CCSA previously announced that hospitals across the country would be included in intervac in their favorite phrase -- in due course. Sorry, at this point, I really can't believe anything we're being told about what's GOING to happen unless and until it ACTUALLY happens. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1