Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

At this point I am going to post an obvious question.

Has any f-rang,  any f-rang at all walked into Pattaya City Hospital on Soi Bukhao with their passport and no Thai ID number and been able to manually sign up for a vaccine reservation there?

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Great to hear it. 

A few questions though please. 

Did you register with passport or did you have a Thai id number from pink card or Thai social security number?

Were you previously registered there or did you walk in cold?

You had to go in person?

I have a Pink ID card which I got about 5 years ago, without that I don’t think it would been possible , and there is not an option with a passport or DL  which make me to think immediately about all those people like you that not have an pink ID.   If  I where you I would just walk in there ASAP and try to sort it out.. Good luck... By the way my Thai wife did it on the Line app...

Edited by spetersen
Missing information
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spetersen said:

I have a Pink ID card which I got about 5 years ago, without that I don’t think it would been possible , and there is not an option with a passport or DL  which make me to think immediately about all those people like you that not have an pink ID.   If  I where you I would just walk in there ASAP and try to sort it out.. Good luck... By the way my Thai wife did it on the Line app...

So you registered at Pattaya Memorial Hospital online or by walking in? Sorry I wasn't clear on whether your wife did it for you on the Line app or for herself and maybe you walked in there. 

I know by app you can't use passport number or driver's license.

There seems to no evidence that any expats have signed up in person either at any hospital or clinic in Pattaya with passport.

Edited by Jingthing

44 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Clear to see why EGO is a part of your avatar. Despite the fact that your assumptions are consistently wrong.

Back again with no link to support your assumption that I was wrong, I having provided two links that supported the evidence.

Waste of time, just another keyboard warrior attacking my avatar, time to grow up and face the music, i.e. admit it when your wrong, you might actually grow from it, who has the bigger EGO now ? ????

Bickering and baiting posts removed.

Please stay on topic which is about:

Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Has any f-rang,  any f-rang at all walked into Pattaya City Hospital on Soi Bukhao with their passport and no Thai ID number and been able to manually sign up for a vaccine reservation there?

Thanks for asking this so explicitly.  

Maybe @newnative can help us by explicating what status he has, and what he did to register there?

Or one of us could brave the lockdown and make a trip there to discover whether they can register us.

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Good question!!!

Perhaps we can return this thread to your OP, which I think a lot of posters have not read.

Please folks - back on topic.  This is important.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Really?

That would be big news.

Can others confirm that?

Of course if it doesn't accept passport numbers then it would still be useless for lots of us.

Well, I certainly don't see that it would make sense to make an app specifically for foreigners that wouldn't allow registration with passports.

Anyway, I don't see any need to fret about it at present, since I cannot do anything about it, except waiting for further announcements.

• Like 2

There's so many different threads on this subject I don't know where to put this post so I guess I'll just dump it here:

Interesting article in the Nation newspaper today which says that vaccines manufacturers will not sell to private hospitals etc, only to governments, Moderna is cited. The Thai government says it will buy from the manufacturers and then sell to the private hospitals, later. You can draw your own conclusions from this. Mine are that the drug companies are right to take this approach but I wonder if they considered the possibility that governments might try and profiteer.

5 minutes ago, Brierley said:

There's so many different threads on this subject I don't know where to put this post so I guess I'll just dump it here:

Interesting article in the Nation newspaper today which says that vaccines manufacturers will not sell to private hospitals etc, only to governments, Moderna is cited. The Thai government says it will buy from the manufacturers and then sell to the private hospitals, later. You can draw your own conclusions from this. Mine are that the drug companies are right to take this approach but I wonder if they considered the possibility that governments might try and profiteer.

Yeah possibly but the writing on the wall that I'm reading is the government is taking control of the TIMING at the private hospitals. For political optics they don't want any richer Thais buying vaccine before June or any f-rangs even high risk ones buying in before August. To mirror the free program. I could be wrong but that's what I'm seeing at this point.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

For political optics they don't want any richer Thais buying vaccine before June or any f-rangs even high risk ones buying in before August.

That was my take on matters too, it would be a huge loss of face for the government if foreigners were happily paying extortionate prices for private vaccinations while ordinary Thais were still queuing on apps due to the government's greed, incompetence and inertia. I'm not sure why you say we won't be eligible until August, though, do you have a source for that, or is it just a feeling?

7 minutes ago, Guderian said:

That was my take on matters too, it would be a huge loss of face for the government if foreigners were happily paying extortionate prices for private vaccinations while ordinary Thais were still queuing on apps due to the government's greed, incompetence and inertia. I'm not sure why you say we won't be eligible until August, though, do you have a source for that, or is it just a feeling?

Multiple sources indicating f-rang registration starts in July. I assumed that meant bookings for August because June bookings for Thais start in May. So a one month lag.

If you're demanding that I present all of that on a silver platter, sorry no, too much work.

This is not a court of law.

It's the conclusion I've come to for now which could easily change tomorrow with new evidence or announcements.

Edited by Jingthing

52 minutes ago, Guderian said:

it would be a huge loss of face for the government if foreigners were happily paying extortionate prices for private vaccinations while ordinary Thais were still queuing on apps

The Hiso Thais would trample all over the cheap skate farangs in a heart beat

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sungod said:

Yes and based on my current reading of the situation Thais will likely have earlier access to paid vaccines at private hospitals BEFORE f-rangs.

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes and based on my current reading of the situation Thais will likely have earlier access to paid vaccines at private hospitals BEFORE f-rangs.

if its paid, its paid. Big private hospitals work on who can afford it,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sungod said:

if its paid, its paid. Big private hospitals work on who can afford it,

Normally but this is a pandemic with political implications. I'm suggesting and there is evidence that the government might order the private hospitals to only vaccinate Thais until later to match the later date of the public program's inclusion of f-rangs. We shall see. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Normally but this is a pandemic with political implications. I'm suggesting and there is evidence that the government might order the private hospitals to only vaccinate Thais until later to match the later date of the public program's inclusion of f-rangs. We shall see. 

More likely Thais will be involved in the Government program, and non Thais to be forced at paid options IMHO. 

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't see that as being necessarily true; they are more likely to prioritise their customers who have insurance policies and are registered in their system. Remember, the world is watching and if any entity is seen to be price gouging on vaccines is headed for the naughty corner in a very public way.

Also remember that they haven't got the vaccines yet and won't have for some weeks. If they have obtained the distribution license then they have time to formulate their distribution policy. And I'm sure there will be more clarity in the weeks to come.

More likely Thais will be involved in the Government program, and non Thais to be forced at paid options IMHO. 

I disagree. I think there is strong evidence that non-Thais will be included in the free public program but LATER and no choice of vaccine. Though over 60 will not be given Sinovac. 

2 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

I don't see that as being necessarily true; they are more likely to prioritise their customers who have insurance policies and are registered in their system. Remember, the world is watching and if any entity is seen to be price gouging on vaccines is headed for the naughty corner in a very public way.

Also remember that they haven't got the vaccines yet and won't have for some weeks. If they have obtained the distribution license then they have time to formulate their distribution policy. And I'm sure there will be more clarity in the weeks to come.

The Thai government is strictly controlling the SUPPLY of vaccines to the private hospitals. It's my reading that they will also be controlling the timing including the POLITICS of the timing. Again, we shall see. 

The Thai government (foolishly) didn't see this big wave coming. They are clearly very concerned about optics (probably to reduce the chance of unrest) and f-rangs being perceived as getting vaccines before Thais could be extremely problematic politically. 

Edited by Jingthing

Just now, Jingthing said:

The Thai government is strictly controlling the SUPPLY of vaccines to the private hospitals. It's my reading that they will also be controlling the timing including the POLITICS of the timing. Again, we shall see. 

I think that smacks of conspiracy theoretics. The Thai govt ain't stupid because they already recognise that general herd immunity cannot be achieved by race alone, this is why they announced that all foreigners would be included in the vaccination program.

Your problem seems to be where - and how high - your place is in the queue, and how you can increase your chances of an early vaccine. If you are 60+ and have health issues, I would suggest that you visit one of the private hospitals to try and get registered as a high-risk patient - along with the thousands of others trying to do the same thing.

19 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

I think that smacks of conspiracy theoretics. The Thai govt ain't stupid because they already recognise that general herd immunity cannot be achieved by race alone, this is why they announced that all foreigners would be included in the vaccination program.

Your problem seems to be where - and how high - your place is in the queue, and how you can increase your chances of an early vaccine. If you are 60+ and have health issues, I would suggest that you visit one of the private hospitals to try and get registered as a high-risk patient - along with the thousands of others trying to do the same thing.

Oh stop!

I did!

No dice.

You clearly haven't even followed this.

You've voiced your opinion. You've attacked me personally. I think we're done.

Edited by Jingthing

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I disagree. I think there is strong evidence that non-Thais will be included in the free public program but LATER and no choice of vaccine. Though over 60 will not be given Sinovac. 

Seems to be plenty on here who have dates in early June already?

2 minutes ago, sungod said:

Seems to be plenty on here who have dates in early June already?

Another one that isn't following developments. I don’t have the bandwidth to update all comers especially considering the situation might be totally different tomorrow.  Sorry. Believe what you want to believe. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Another one that isn't following developments. I don’t have the bandwidth to update all comers especially considering the situation might be totally different tomorrow.  Sorry. Believe what you want to believe. 

The purpose of your thread is all about you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

The purpose of your thread is all about you.

Having an appointment is not the same as getting a dose at that appointment  You should follow new developments instead of sniping.  I have no patience for tolerating sniping anymore.  Goodbye.

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Having an appointment is not the same as getting a dose at that appointment  You should follow new developments instead of sniping.  I have no patience for tolerating sniping anymore.  Goodbye.

Pathetic......

surely we have learned to disregard any govt statements or process here for farang vax

must assume its all political nonsense.

we are foreigners in Asia : there is with no NHS riding to the rescue.....

just register at private hospital for your selected vax, stay safe and wait to be called......