As vaccination booking opens in Thailand, who can get jabs and how?

webfact

5AFF4AF8-B5F7-492E-8989-F46AFF710D44.jpg

By Thai PBS World’s General Desk

All 16 million vulnerable people will be the first in line when Thailand launches free nationwide vaccinations for residents next month. Meanwhile, appointments for jabs can be made in advance from today via the Mor Prom account on the Line mobile application.

Seniors and people suffering from a certain chronic condition will receive priority vaccination in a bid to minimise casualties, said Dr Sopon Mekthon, vice minister for public health and chair of the COVID-19 vaccine management committee.

More than half of the people in Thailand who have died from the virus were elderly or had underlying health conditions, he explained.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/as-vaccination-booking-opens-in-thailand-who-can-get-jabs-and-how/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 2

The Missus informed me she can only register for the vaccination in her village  and at present she isn't' allowed to travel there other than for a bonafide emergency.

Stuck between a rock and a very hard place.

I'm hoping private hospitals will soon have the vaccine available for them to purchase.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The "government" is going to have to incentivize people to get the vaccine, pay them cash money, maybe 3,000 baht after the second dose. It's either that or threaten them with legal action and prison.

Yes, the PM will pen a patriotic anthem, "Vaccinate Together - I Got Mine, You Must Get Yours", but that will get laughed off.

• Haha 2

Have been tryin to register with the Mor Prom app since 10am (now 1045) without much luck.

It gets so far then times out, I presume its overloaded.

It appears to accept ID number from pink ID but fails a couple of pages later. wife is doing the same with blue Thai ID and the same failure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Have been tryin to register with the Mor Prom app since 10am (now 1045) without much luck.

It appears to accept ID number from pink ID but fails a couple of pages later. wife is doing the same with blue Thai ID and the same failure.

On Samui, I have been told Thais only. There are note enough vaccines for the population.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The "government" is going to have to incentivize people to get the vaccine, pay them cash money, maybe 3,000 baht after the second dose. It's either that or threaten them with legal action and prison.

Yes, the PM will pen a patriotic anthem, "Vaccinate Together - I Got Mine, You Must Get Yours", but that will get laughed off.

Whatever it takes I guess.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

My wife has registered herself and is trying to put my name down as the person to be vaccinated, like you say, it's just going around and around and around, overload.

She said she will go to the local clinic a few villages up the road on Monday where they vaccinate kids usually and register me there.

In the meantime 

Twiddling Thumbs GIFs | Tenor

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

No, but I’ll take PBS over Thai Tiger. It’ll all come out in the wash. 

We were advised by the local Mayor about 2 weeks ago, if not more, by him personally knocking on our front door and telling the wife, tell your husband he can get vaccinated at the local clinic if he wants to.

I declined respectfully because it was the Chinese vaccine, he understood, so believe what you want.

Wife will register me at the local clinic on Monday under the Mor Prom for June 7 as the AZ vaccine will be ok with me, the Chinese one is not suitable for those over 60, just ask Mr Prayut. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

We also tried and the app failed for both Thai ID and Non-Thai ID.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

We also tried and the app failed for both Thai ID and Non-Thai ID.

Might be worth it to try late tonight when everybody is in bed Zzzzzzing away, as mentioned above, wife also tried, but system overload so Monday will go to the local clinic and register that way, that said, won't be stopping us trying again tonight and if that fails again tomorrow night, although I do like to visit that clinic as there are some exceptionally pretty young nurses there that I wouldn't mind jabbing, I mean, them jabbing me, I mean, well, hopefully you get my drift ????

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

Still good news. The more people who get vaccinated the less likely you are to catch it.

Well said. If every Thai gets vaccinated the risk of any introduced infection (assuming known strains) spreading is extremely low.