POLL: Expats living in Thailand -- do you have a Thai I.D. card including if obtained via yellow book?

Thai I.D. card survey  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The question has come up about the rough percentage of expats living in Thailand that have a Thai I.D. card (including when obtained from a yellow book).

Driver's license is not a Thai I.D. card! So if that's all you've got then the answer is no. 

So I'm doing this poll. 

I guess that expats that have become citizens or permanent residences all do have a Thai I.D. so I'll add that as a separate category. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Antonymous said:

My wife is Thai. She has a Thai ID card.

My gardener is Burmese. He has a Pink ID card that provides ID, but is not a 'Thai ID card'. it doesn't make him Thai in any way.

I am British and have a British passport. I never carry it around with me. I also have a Thai DL which I use as ID for domestic flights, police checkpoints, hotel check ins, etc. It works as an ID, but doesn't make me Thai.

Your answer on this poll should be NO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

so if they accepted the Thai DL it would take away a whole layer of bureaucratic nonsense that people would have to go through, including attending an Amphur, a wait for application to be approved, just to get a card that you don't need except for this covid registration. It makes no sense, but that's normal in this country

Actually, you make a very valid point, my friend up north has the pink ID card, we were discussing this yesterday, he tells me that as yet he hasn't used it for anything, he said he may use it to register at his local hospital but he thinks all that is on offer is the Sinovac rubbish so he says he'll wait for something better.

So how many people use the pink ID card often and for what ??

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes I have the pink and yellow.

I would see a doctor about that mate, I'm not a medical man, but I'm fairly sure that whenever you have shouldn't  be pink and yellow. ????

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Actually, you make a very valid point, my friend up north has the pink ID card, we were discussing this yesterday, he tells me that as yet he hasn't used it for anything, he said he may use it to register at his local hospital but he thinks all that is on offer is the Sinovac rubbish so he says he'll wait for something better.

So how many people use the pink ID card often and for what ??

When I received my pink card was told at the time I could fly domestic without the use of my passport.  I have not used the card.

8 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I would see a doctor about that mate, I'm not a medical man, but I'm fairly sure that whenever you have shouldn't  be pink and yellow. ????

Are you referring to as using slang that I am married to a Chinese gal? No disrespect intended.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

NOTE!

If you've got a PINK I.D. card obtained here (not from a lingerie store in Poughkeepsie) then for the purposes of this poll, PLEASE CHOOSE YES. 

Poughkeepsie 94.5 miles to get there from Brooklyn by car.  I asked google. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Sure.

Of course the reason I'm doing this poll NOW is that online registration for the Covid-19 vaccibe has opened up and it accepts Thai id card numbers (including from yellow book) but NOT Thai driver's license numbers or passport numbers.

You should be asking how you get a Thai ID number and not doing silly polls. It isn't hard. 

• Thanks 2