The perfect solution to owning your home in Thailand.

20 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I'd rather go down the "container" route, get bored want to move, stick on the back of a lorry and off you go.

Some amazing places built from containers.

SmartSelect_20210501-212741_Instagram.jpg

A container is going to last a lot longer and be more secure than one of

those "Tents"

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

(

8 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I can't see me persuading Madam Moon to go live in one of those tent things! The container homes look good though. I've seen a few of those in my travels.

Me too, seen some resorts using them for guest rooms too.

See here......

SmartSelect_20210501-215643_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Do 120-125 square meters of living space cost 279,500 Thai Baht? 

Base cost probably alot less, and its not going to get ruined by a "stanley knife"  ????

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

I'd rather go down the "container" route, get bored want to move, stick on the back of a lorry and off you go.

Some amazing places built from containers.

As appealing as that sounds, imagine the cost to discombobulate, load out, move, spot, and recombobulate the one in your photo.  Probably cheaper to just build a new Thai style concrete house.

Of course, if you're taking the house you own off your ex-wife's land...   That's priceless.  Even if you have them leave it at the side of the road somewhere.

54 minutes ago, Leaver said:

My ideal foreigner ownable Thai home would be one of those floating party barges in Kanchanaburi.  Or one of the many other rivers or reservoirs, but K-Buri would be my first choice.  Modified for living instead of dancing...  Docked most of the time with a power umbilical, but with a generator for boondocking.

I'd also go for a liveaboard yacht on a marina, but salt water is hell on everything mechanical.

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

The wife has sold bout 5 of these to foreigners who just wanna rent the land. The guys delivers the house & when you want to move, you contact him and he takes it down again. The property is always yours. Regarding sewage and such, all installed in a day at sight and not expensive. ????

If you want to quit THailand, she will sell the house for you and get a sizeable portion of your money back. It's a win-win and they look great and are extrememly practical. ????

wooden house.jpg

It looks very nice indeed

just out of curiosity can i ask the price for the model on the photo?

It seems it is a 1 bedroom bungalow, but i could be wrong, there are a bathroom and a kitchen inside? Maybe more models available with differents sizes and prices? (Prices without the transport of course

as i presume it depends of the distance)

tyia 

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, onebir said:

What about electricity, water, sewage etc?

Do like the majority of those in remote village life: Steal electric from your neighbor and dump your waste in the canal

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, impulse said:

My ideal foreigner ownable Thai home would be one of those floating party barges in Kanchanaburi.  Or one of the many other rivers or reservoirs, but K-Buri would be my first choice.  Modified for living instead of dancing...  Docked most of the time with a power umbilical, but with a generator for boondocking.

I'd also go for a liveaboard yacht on a marina, but salt water is hell on everything mechanical.

Good idea.  Would make for a pleasant lifestyle, also.  

16 hours ago, impulse said:

As appealing as that sounds, imagine the cost to discombobulate, load out, move, spot, and recombobulate the one in your photo.  Probably cheaper to just build a new Thai style concrete house.

Of course, if you're taking the house you own off your ex-wife's land...   That's priceless.  Even if you have them leave it at the side of the road somewhere.

Depends on design etc of course, but generally speaking once things are strapped down and services are disconnected about an hour to load on a flat bed using a crane or lorry with Hi-ab.

About the same at new location to reposition onto prepared base.

I used to do that for a living one upon a time.