I have only found it to be useful once, I opened up new bank account

and the manager was showing me how to change the PIN number from

the one they had given me to one i could choose, at the ATM machine

he tried the account number, passport number,and he could not get

the ATM to allow change of the PIN, so I just said try the Pink card,only

other thing i had with a number on, .......and surprize it worked, don't know

why or how, but it did.

regards worgeordie

Others are finding it useful to register for the Vaccine on the Mor Prom website / App.

I’ve started this thread as a carry over from a debate on another thread where a debate was taking over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

So, which is it ??? its either an ID card or it isn’t - the information on the card itself is contradictory

Never seen a pink card, in 16 years all I ever use for ID is my passport or copy of, my driving licences and yellow house book.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If you already have the yellow house book, you can get the pink ID card in under half an hour, for free, at the Ampur.

The Hard part is getting the yellow house book. Once you gave it, they can issue the card on the spot. It is a lot easier to carry around than the house book and many places will accept it as ID.  Can also get Thai price on admission to many places with it.  And, of cours, now can register for COVID vaccine with it.

The yellow book can indeed be a hassle to get but I can see no reason nto to get the pink ID card if you already have it, easiest thing in the world to do.

Thanks for reply and I have a yellow book.

My Thai DL's have my Thai ID number on them and have used it to get into places in the past but I'm done with that now.

I have never had a problem at all with producing ID in my years here.

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And I think thats all you need as your Yellow Tabien Baan also has your Thailand registered ID Number in it (starting with 6)....  

I don’t carry my passport, or yellow house book with me in my wallet - the Pink ID has its uses in lieu of carrying those documents.

My Thai DL's have my Picture, my address and my Thai ID number not my passport number and I use them as ID.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My Thai DL's have my Picture, my address and my Thai ID number not my passport number and I use them as ID.

You can use your Thai Driving License as ID ???....    Give it a try at the bank. 

Thai DL not accepted to get local price on Koh Samet last year, Pink ID did.

None of which is a life changer of course !!!  

As Sheryl wrote, if someone has the Yellow Tabien Baan, then an extra 30mins to get the Pink ID is a negligible amount of time for something which can be carried around conveniently.

I guess the only people who didn’t get the Pink ID when they get a yellow book are those who didn’t know about it so didn’t ask. 

Just to clarify - A Pink ID is not needed at all.....  obtaining the Yellow Tabien Baan house book is far more useful just for that ID number. Neither are a ’need to have’ but they come in handy, can safe money and time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

So, I don't own property, I have rented for the last 10 years, can I get a pink ID card ?

Serious question.

Yes... depending on the relationship you have with your landlord.

You will need their assistance...  and depending on the area you live in (which Amphur office) some other requirements which vary.

MFA Verified Copy of the translation of an Embassy Notarised Copy of your Passport !!!!

(i.e. Go to Embassy, get  Notarised Copy of Passport, Get that officially translated, then get that certification varied by the MFA) 

You also need - Property owner, Property owner’s ID, Property owner’s Dark Blue Tabien Baan

You’ll also need two witnesses

OR.. at a far less strict Amphur, you just need your passport, the Property owner with the Dark Blue Tabien Baan.

.... it can be a pain in the backside - but easily doable with patience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes... depending on the relationship you have with your landlord.

You will need their assistance...  and depending on the area you live in (which Amphur office) some other requirements which vary.

MFA Verified Copy of the translation of an Embassy Notarised Copy of your Passport !!!!

(i.e. Go to Embassy, get  Notarised Copy of Passport, Get that officially translated, then get that certification varied by the MFA) 

You also need - Property owner, Property owner’s ID, Property owner’s Dark Blue Tabien Baan

You’ll also need two witnesses

OR.. at a far less strict Amphur, you just need your passport, the Property owner with the Dark Blue Tabien Baan.

.... it can be a pain in the backside - but easily doable with patience.

Thanks for your welcome reply, I'll run it past the mrs, my landlord is a sweetie, it shouldn't be a problem getting her on board, I'm interested to know what sort of costs are involved with the likes of the British embassy & MFA for example, but then again will I ever need to use it again unless the devine being sends us another plague/pandemic to deal with ????????????

I have a yellow book, as condo unit owner, but no ID card.

My lawyer and I agree it is useless.  Even if it can get you a Thai entrance price somewhere the person doing you the solid is making an error. Only a Thai is a Thai.

If it can get a foreigner registered for vaccination it has a purpose!

Where to apply for a Pink ID card for foreigner, in Chiang Mai?

• Thanks 1

Has anyone mentioned that the number on your pink card will be accepted by the Mor Prom app to register for a covid jab?

If you already have a yellow book it's the work of minutes (OK maybe an hour) to get the pink card.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Where to apply for a Pink ID card for foreigner, in Chiang Mai?

The same place you got the yellow book, its all the same information and usually a 5 minute process to print the card

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The same place you got the yellow book, its all the same information and usually a 5 minute process to print the card

Where is that Peter, I don't have a yellow book?

38 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Has anyone mentioned that the number on your pink card will be accepted by the Mor Prom app to register for a covid jab?

It didn't recognise mine yesterday when I got my wife to try to register me with the above. It said it couldn't find my details in the system.

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

So, I don't own property, I have rented for the last 10 years, can I get a pink ID card ?

Serious question.

I have had one for years.

Check with your local Amphur for their requirements.

I needed nothing like the amount of paperwork described above, Notarized copies, etc

Each Amphur different I have found

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Brierley said:

Where is that Peter, I don't have a yellow book?

At your local amphur (gov office). the requirements can vary depending on office.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I got my yellow book at the Sriwichai district office, by the oldfire station near chang phuak.

Hardest thing I ever did in Thailand. They said the Pink ID was issued by a different office. Never followed up with it.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It didn't recognise mine yesterday when I got my wife to try to register me with the above. It said it couldn't find my details in the system.

I would try again today as the system was very overloaded yesterday, you need to put any pink card details exactly as they appear on the card, name in Thai as per the card (usually 1st and second name is listed as 1st name etc, there is no field for 2nd name), ID number from front of card, card number from rear of card etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1