Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course it is, until it isn't, and then maybe it is for some and not for others, or maybe not. Its Thailand, so its whatever the next person you talk to says it is. 

If you already have the yellow house book, you can get the pink ID card in under half an hour, for free, at the Ampur.   The Hard part is getting the yellow house book. Once you gave it, the

And I think thats all you need as your Yellow Tabien Baan also has your Thailand registered ID Number in it (starting with 6)....     I don’t carry my passport, or yellow house book with me

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

House Book has nothing to do with immigration. 

Well they take a copy of my one as proof of address.

Which is handy. 

 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well they take a copy of my one as proof of address.

Which is handy. 

 

I never knew Immigration needed proof of address. They never asked me for my yellow book in the years I dealt with them. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well they take a copy of my one as proof of address.

Which is handy. 

 

I guess it is handy as if they needed proof of address, they would have to give you the certificate of residence themselves 😉 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I guess it is handy as if they needed proof of address, they would have to give you the certificate of residence themselves 😉 

Oh so funny, not everyone lives near there immigration office. 

 

So to get proof of address when our immigration office was in Maesot we would go to province govt office to get proof of address. 

 

Our immigration wants copies of my yellow book now and the form for marriage extension they give us lists wanting copies of proof of address along with all the other stuff.

38 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I never knew Immigration needed proof of address. They never asked me for my yellow book in the years I dealt with them. 

Depends on what your immigration asks for doesn't it !!! 

Our immigration does ask for proof of address, the 1st year our new Suk immigration set up they took a copy once of my yellow book.

The 2nd year didn't want it and then the 3rd year they asked for copies of my yellow book. 

Go figure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 10:21 AM, NanLaew said:

There are TWO numbers in a yellow book.

A 13-digit number which is the aliens ID number and the same one that should appear on any linked pink ID card.

 

Can anyone else confirm this is true please? It seems logical to me, but I only have a Yellow Book and not a Pink ID card.

My expat friend in Bangkok swears his Yellow Book and Pink ID numbers are not the same besides the first few numbers?

Edited by Digitalbanana
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:
On 5/2/2021 at 10:21 AM, NanLaew said:

There are TWO numbers in a yellow book.

A 13-digit number which is the aliens ID number and the same one that should appear on any linked pink ID card.

 

Can anyone else confirm this is true please? It seems logical to me, but I only have a Yellow Book and not a Pink ID card.

My expat friend in Bangkok swears his Yellow Book and Pink ID numbers are not the same besides the first few numbers?

 

This is true. In ‘most’ cases the 13 digit ID number in the Yellow Tabien Baan house book is also the same as the 13 digit ID number on the Front of the Pink ID. For foreigners this number usually starts with a 6. 

 

There is also a ‘further ID number’ on the rear of the card. 

 

IF your friend (expat) in Bangkok has a different ID number in his Yellow Tabien Baan than he has on the front of his Pink ID then something is amiss. Perhaps he applied for his Pink ID with separate Yellow Tabien Baan. 

 

(I guess its possible if a foreigner has a applied for a Yellow Tabien Baan on two separate occasions that there could be a mix up with ID numbers / or he could in effect posses two ID numbers.... of course, I’m guessing, but mistakes will of course happen from time to time). 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

This is true. In ‘most’ cases the 13 digit ID number in the Yellow Tabien Baan house book is also the same as the 13 digit ID number on the Front of the Pink ID. For foreigners this number usually starts with a 6. 

 

There is also a ‘further ID number’ on the rear of the card. 

 

IF your friend (expat) in Bangkok has a different ID number in his Yellow Tabien Baan than he has on the front of his Pink ID then something is amiss. Perhaps he applied for his Pink ID with separate Yellow Tabien Baan. 

 

(I guess its possible if a foreigner has a applied for a Yellow Tabien Baan on two separate occasions that there could be a mix up with ID numbers / or he could in effect posses two ID numbers.... of course, I’m guessing, but mistakes will of course happen from time to time). 

Could be the tax number. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zhounan said:

What is exactly a Pink ID Card?

Somebody can explain me, I'm not being here so long to know it.

 

Start at page one of this thread... 

 

Then there is also: 

 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/919243-pink-id-card/page/4/

 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215730-pink-id-card/?tab=comments#comment-16436604

 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1181925-pink-id/?tab=comments#comment-15802366

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now were this far in to the debate... It has been mentioned numerous times that the Pink ID card that Non-Thai Westerners receive is the same as the Pink ID card issued to Migrant Labourers... 

 

But.... they look different to me...   

 

I suspect the darker pink card is a Migrant labourers work permit / permission to work *but could be wrong.

 

 

Neeraman ?

 

 

 

2.jpg

3.jpg

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 18.00.58.png

pink-thai-work-permit.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I never knew Immigration needed proof of address. They never asked me for my yellow book in the years I dealt with them. 

In Kamphaeng Phet Immi I have always given a copy of my yellow book and it has not been rejected yet.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

In Kamphaeng Phet Immi I have always given a copy of my yellow book and it has not been rejected yet.

My point was that immigration don't need this, not that they don't accept it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Now were this far in to the debate... It has been mentioned numerous times that the Pink ID card that Non-Thai Westerners receive is the same as the Pink ID card issued to Migrant Labourers... 

 

But.... they look different to me...   

 

I suspect the darker pink card is a Migrant labourers work permit / permission to work *but could be wrong.

 

 

Neeraman ?

 

 

 

2.jpg

3.jpg

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 18.00.58.png

pink-thai-work-permit.jpg

Neera 'nam', not 'man' 🙂 

 

The migrant card is an official ID, hence the English on it. The lighter pink card is not an official document, so for example, you can't always get on a domestic flight with one. It is just for convenience. When I hear some have opened bank accounts I wonder if they were just lucky as the bank employee didn't know the difference. Likewise, getting into a place with Thai price. 

 

Also, the migrant card comes with health insurance. 

 

Note one farang pink card starts with a 6 and th eother an 8. This is because one has Permanent Residency. 

 

https://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic-social/meetings/2019/newyork-egm-crvsims/docs/presentations/Thailand.pdf

 

image.png.173c32ca255c8f0c7980db0a720d9fce.png

 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My point was that immigration don't need this, not that they don't accept it.

But not all Immi offices want  the same thing.

 

What one office may want, a different one doesn't.

 

I find that the one in KPP is farang friendly, as was the one in Nakhon Sawan where I went before KPP opened.

 

However reading some of the stories on TVF about other offices makes me glad I go to a small provincial one.

 

I am always treated with respect and politeness and I do the same to them. I always get a smile when I go there, and even more so if I bring stuff from the garden for them.

 

I think a lot of the problems I read about are self inflicted by some of the posters.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...